Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anarchy Reigns get release date and price

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Started this on hard, only just beat the bull by the skin of my teeth on attempt 20ish , the camera is a bit of annoyance even when locked on he can get behind you and it doesn't shift quick enough.

Early on but I'm not warming to this at all really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,542 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

CastorTroy wrote: »
    How long does the single player take to complete?

Have you played MadWorld on Wii? how does it compare. Mine may be waiting for me when I get home.

At a leisurely pace, it's taken me well over an hour to complete each of the first two levels. There's four levels in each of the two campaigns (although I presume the level hubs are recycled). The SP certainly isn't anywhere near as robust as Bayonetta or Vanquish, but I still think its a lot of fun causing chaos. The boss fights
    (particularly the squid)
    are as mad as anything the earlier games had to offer, if not quite as slick. The levels also have enjoyable secrets - kill 100 grunts without dying in level two, for example, and its invaded by a group of giant mutants who want to seriously kick your ass. No doubt its a training mode for MP more than anything, but I'm enjoying it. The combat hasn't lost its bite yet. Powerstone and Super Smash Bros. comparisons wouldn't be too far off the mark.

I think its better than Madworld, personally, but that was a game that provided instant thrills but quickly grew repetitive. Not sure how long Anarchy Reign's campaigns would keep you occupied, but certainly the multiplayer puts it a notch well above Madworld.

Grabbed this on Xbox today, had initially bought the PS3 version but opted to get the 360 version as according to the back of the case it has full HD graphics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,999 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Grabbed this on Xbox today, had initially bought the PS3 version but opted to get the 360 version as according to the back of the case it has full HD graphics.
    That's in the back of all 360 games. It doesn't mean it actually is 1080p. The game itself is only 720p, tops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Put a few more hours into this over the last couple of night, and my impression of it has changed for the better in some ways but for the worse in others.

This game could have been so much more, it feels half finished everywhere except the multi player. Am I alone in this way of thinking???? I'm not knocking it here because I'm not enjoying it, I'm actually having fun with it but just so frustrated that there could have been more done with it from the story to the lack of character building and it's fixed set of moves from the outset.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked it up and haven't played it outside of one quick and messy online game. Going to get stuck into it over the next few days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I still haven't opened it yet. Must try and finish Walking Dead this week then try Anarchy Reigns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I still haven't opened it yet. Must try and finish Walking Dead this week then try Anarchy Reigns.

Thhis. I havent opemning my game yet play8ng that fuking MOBa games. League ogf legends. only startwd last week and already i spent 100 euro on it. joke

Advertisement