Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Crow Medicine Show - Vicar Street, 30th Jan

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 brenmusic

Yeeeee harrrrrrrr!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

They give great show!

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

What a gig! If anyone has videos can't wait to see them!

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

Wonderful, wonderful gig. Top notch. Band were on fire. One of the best gigs I seen in Vicar street in a long time. There was so much energy coming from the stage. I was amazed at their knowledge of Ireland. Signing a song for the detective garda that was shot. Learning the two Irish songs. Even referencing cromwell at one point. Little details like they got the bus and had exact change. Shows they aren't just making throwaway remarks for cheers. Much better than the usual 'We went for a pint of Guinness today'. I thought the support were really good aswell. I've only heard of them through Old Crow.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

what were the two Irish songs ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 williewallace

Foggy Dew and Dirty Old Town, they also sang This Land is Your Land.....fantastic night!:D

Was a brilliant gig alright, did they change their first song when they saw the reaction they got? Thought the guitarist (stage right) swapped banjos as soon as they came on stage after a word from the singer/fiddle player.

By the way, what was with the "ole,ole,ole" for the encore? Is that a country thing, hadn't heard it before, very odd.

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭ned rierson

Dirty old town is an English song but i suppose it has been adopted by us

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭WildCardDoW

Is that a country thing, hadn't heard it before, very odd.

Really? I haven't been to a gig where I haven't heard it!

Fair play for the videos!

have to say I agree with the comment regarding their interaction with the crowd, at the start I thought they might be pandering, well if they were, it as top quality pandering, ha! Hope they do the smaller gigs in the West etc, I'm from Dublin but would gladly go!

EDIT: Another video I've found:

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭CiaranK

• Advertisement

Really? I haven't been to a gig where I haven't heard it!

Most of my gigs tend to be in Whelans/Button Factory/Academy so definitely hadn't heard it before in those venues.

Advertisement