Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

mikom wrote: »
    Do you know how hard it is to get a warrant?
    You miss the point. The government choose the mechanism for allowing Revenue officials enter a premises. Its not prescribed in the constitution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

He only used the Labour name to get elected. He left shortly afterwards.

lol, there wont be too many doing that next time out!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    I want to ask you a querstion if I may Donal - While I agree the revenue know exactly how to 'lean on people' to pay their taxes, do I not recall correctly Noonan saying NOBODY would be going to jail over non-payment of the HHC? I for one, will throw myself off the COM before giving these self centred leeches a CENT for the HHC...............and I am not BSing over this!!!

What kind of society brings a 70yo man to crying on the radio this week????

COM Cliffs of Moher? Please don't do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

I love the way all the pro-home taxers are terrified of the Revenue. have ye something to hide lads?

they are welcome into my house, ill even make them tea..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Yes the Revenue will probably have to turn their backs on those "black economy" people who are cleaning up in order to chase up the Property Tax victims.
    A good time to be doing nixers no doubt.

I was around working in the late 70's up to mid 80's when I left Ireland. I have to say there is one HUGE difference between now and then TL...then there were nixers, today there is SFA.

FF pillaged the country ( and were good liars at hiding the sh1t) while this bunch just kept the ball rolling, but are terrible liars at hiding their total inefficencies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Brilliant!!!

Who is the gobshíte who refused to answer the question? Anyone from the pro side here?;)

Dominic Hannigan, Labour, I think he's from around the Drogheda area. Pure Gobs****.

I was around working in the late 70's up to mid 80's when I left Ireland. I have to say there is one HUGE difference between now and then TL...then there were nixers, today there is SFA.

FF pillaged the country ( and were good liars at hiding the sh1t) while this bunch just kept the ball rolling, but are terrible liars at hiding their total inefficencies.

There are about 800,000 more people in work now than back then.

darkhorse wrote: »
    Yeah, this speech made me happy. Oh, and I had to come to Donegal for work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjhxp-JJqDo&feature=player_embedded

It is disgusting that someone who could make that speech can now do the exact opposite. Scumbag is what he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

There are about 800,000 more people in work now than back then.

Population stay the same since the late 70's/mid 80's did it?
    Are you in the real world at all.

A lad I know told me that he wanted some rooms painted for Christmas and contacted a painter. This lad is on the dole. He quoted my friend a figure of 1,350 for him and his unemployed son for 6 days work and 350 for the paint which he would supply. 1,700 euro.
    I told him to report the fceker but I know he won't.

No Nixers !!! There will always be nixers.

• Advertisement

Are you in the real world at all.

I asked you before were you really in The Real World. Because you said that property where you are passes down the generations without the need for any legal processes. Is this still the case.

Ghandee wrote: »
    A 'simple' warrant?

Your spouting unfiltered crap here DV. You ask any Garda you know on the 'simplicity' of acquiring a warrant.......
    Nonsense. TV licence inspectors can get search warrants.

The Government can make the procedure very simple for the Revenue of they wish to.

dvpower wrote: »

The Government can make the procedure very simple for the Revenue of they wish to.

Link to the t.v. inspectors getting warrants please.

And other personnel from bodies regulated by the Dept of Communications.

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2012/07/17/00326.asp

To get a warrant TV licence inspectors have to approach a guard, who in turn has to approach a district court judge.
    How many search warrants for this purpose do you think judges have issued this year.
    You're the one spouting nonsense.

A search warrant for a TV.
    God help us.....

And other personnel from bodies regulated by the Dept of Communications.

http://debates.oireachtas.ie/dail/2012/07/17/00326.asp

Cheers. Didn't know that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Despite increasing the cost of motor tax, the govt have now implied that we should either fix our own roads, or at least pay towards the repair (what, again?)

A govt completely out of their depth.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/residents-may-have-to-share-cost-of-repairing-roads-or-grab-a-shovel-3319239.html

And....... Cue the govt defenders.......

No problem. Sure, if we can finish work an hour or two earlier every day, we should be able to get a good run on fixing potholes and anything else thats wrong with the roads.
    It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase, "Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country".

To get a warrant TV licence inspectors have to approach a guard, who in turn has to approach a district court judge.
    How many search warrants for this purpose do you think judges have issued this year.
    You're the one spouting nonsense.

A search warrant for a TV.
    God help us.....

Here is your statement about transfer of property in The Real World.

You die, and your son/daughter stays living in the house.
    No paperwork.
    How will the fees be collected again?

Is that how it works?

Link to the t.v. inspectors getting warrants please.
    Cant you look it up yourself?

Here is your statement about transfer of property in The Real World.

You die, and your son/daughter stays living in the house.
    No paperwork.
    How will the fees be collected again?

Is that how it works?

Aaaaaand out of left field............

P.s.

• Advertisement

Do you really really still not believe that the extra money that the govt. are taking off us, is not going to pay for and keep our basic services afloat.

Not for one damn minute. Some people are just susceptable to being brainwashed, I am not one of them.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I notice many people are hoping that the government will fall in the next year (unlikely if they survive the next month) and a new government will abolish the HHC and property tax but people who didn't pay when these charges/taxes were in place will still be pursued by the Revenue Commission regardless of whether the tax is subsequently abolished or not.

Proof?

Do you really, really still not believe that the extra money that the govt. are taking off us, is not going to pay for and keep paying bankers, bondholders, politicians inflated pensions etc. I do believe that in your heart, you know the truth.

Well, I want to know exacrlt where the hell this money IS going?

Certainly NOT to fix the roads which we were told it would: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/residents-may-have-to-share-cost-of-repairing-roads-or-grab-a-shovel-3319239.html

Of course this raises another question: Just WTF are we paying road tax for??????

Proof?
    What kind of proof would you accept?

MadYaker wrote: »
    Unfortunately that's what happens when you're country is running at a deficit and owes billions to foreign banks. We pay more tax and get less in return, until our nations debts are payed off of course.

What part of "It Is not our Debt" do you not understand.

Proof?

No actual proof until the legislation is circulated. But media are reporting it.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/budget/news/property-tax-to-be-taken-from-farm-payments-216369.html

The legislation will also see Revenue given the power to chase those who have not paid the €100 household charge.

While the charge is now being abolished to make way for the property tax, the Government is determined that those who have failed to pay it will not escape.

Anyone who has failed to pay the household charge by July, when the property tax comes into effect, will see the amount outstanding automatically doubled to €200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

No actual proof until the legislation is circulated. But media are reporting it.

http://www.irishexaminer.com/budget/news/property-tax-to-be-taken-from-farm-payments-216369.html

The legislation will also see Revenue given the power to chase those who have not paid the €100 household charge.

While the charge is now being abolished to make way for the property tax, the Government is determined that those who have failed to pay it will not escape.

Anyone who has failed to pay the household charge by July, when the property tax comes into effect, will see the amount outstanding automatically doubled to €200.

Just tell them its already paid.

They seemingly don't have a baldy who has nor hasn't paid anyway. ;)

What part of "It Is not our Debt" do you not understand.
    The part where it is our debt. Our previous Government rather stupidly put in place the blanket guarantee. That made it our debt.

Just tell them its already paid.

They seemingly don't have a baldy who has nor hasn't paid anyway. ;)

Tell them some dead relative paid it.
    Shur' they were getting bills for it anyway.

• Advertisement

pitkan wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/revenue-will-have-the-power-to-enter-homes-to-assess-tax-rate-3319241.html

Here is todays threat.
    Surely this requires a Constitution Referendum by the people to enact?

The nazi's were nothing on this lot...and I'm NOT being sarcastic!!!

Dictatorship HAS taken over!!!:eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement