Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    I am making an exceprtion to my vow never to talk to an ignorant sod again. I DO live in a NAMA GE, which KCC won't recognise. HOW MANY TIMES must I tell you this???
    Brilliant!!
    Listen - what ever else you do DONT GO INTO THE SHOWER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

lugha wrote: »
    I don't think any semi-clued in Labour (or FG) TD would have been in the slightest doubt that they were going to have to make and stand over some very unpopular decisions. I wouldn't be terribly convinced of any bewailing from them that they never thought it would come to this. But some are easily fooled. :)

You hit the nail on the head, lugha, semi-clued being the operative words. Unfortunatly, the majority of them cant think for themselves and will vote the way they are told to vote, regardless of the concequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

darkhorse wrote: »
    You hit the nail on the head, lugha, semi-clued being the operative words. Unfortunatly, the majority of them cant think for themselves and will vote the way they are told to vote, regardless of the concequences.

Yes. I laughed at the Wiki item earlier where they said Fine Gael translates as "family". Imagine that and what they did to families this week.

Mind you they seem to look after their own families when it comes to filling vacancies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Yes. I laughed at the Wiki item earlier where they said Fine Gael translates as "family". Imagine that and what they did to families this week.

Mind you they seem to look after their own families when it comes to filling vacancies.

Sadly, not only FG Tayto...remember dear oul Eamon got his missus sorted...in RQ's department.

Sadly, not only FG Tayto...remember dear oul Eamon got his missus sorted...in RQ's department.

Yes I forgot about that little 92k wage. That family must be at the pin of their collar to cope. Thankfully they have no sick to care for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Oh, they are thinking straight all right. It would simply be ludicrous from a perspective of political survival for Labour (or FG) to pull the plug now. The plan would be to front load the harsh medicine in the first couple of years of their administration and have much more palatable ones in their final couple of years. When the anger subsides (and to a degree, it will) they will call a GE. They won’t come back with a 30 seat majority but they will fancy their chances of getting a second term, notwithstanding the rising of FF.

Of course in politics anything can happen, and happen quickly. But these lads are pros. Whatever you think about property tax, don’t go mistaking them for mugs. ;)

Oh, they are thinking straight all right. It would simply be ludicrous from a perspective of political survival for Labour (or FG) to pull the plug now. The plan would be to front load the harsh medicine in the first couple of years of their administration and have much more palatable ones in their final couple of years. When the anger subsides (and to a degree, it will) they will call a GE. They won’t come back with a 30 seat majority but they will fancy their chances of getting a second term, notwithstanding the rising of FF.

Of course in politics anything can happen, and happen quickly. But these lads are pros. Whatever you think about property tax, don’t go mistaking them for mugs. ;)

Meanwhile back in Doha ...... more champagne is the order of the day.

Meanwhile back in Doha ...... more champagne is the order of the day.
    Don't be silly. It's the middle of the night in Doha. :pac:

Oh yes , sure he'll be wrapped around something :pac:

dvpower wrote: »
    The part where it is our debt. Our previous Government rather stupidly put in place the blanket guarantee. That made it our debt.

I know I was'nt consulted by anyone looking to transfer bank debt onto me, were you.

• Advertisement

Oh yes , sure he'll be wrapped around something :pac:
    Well if he is, you can sleep easily knowing that at least this is something you won't be footing a bill for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Meanwhile in Kildare, its a bottle of baby formula in Ghandee's hand!
    Guess whose on night feed duty?

Ghandee wrote: »
    Meanwhile in Kildare, its a bottle of baby formula in Ghandee's hand!
    Guess whose on night feed duty?
    You'll need something with a bit more fire power than that when the "clipboards" come. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I know I was'nt consulted by anyone looking to transfer bank debt onto me, were you.
    Nope. They only consult with me once every 4 years or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

You'll need something with a bit more fire power than that when the "clipboards" come. :pac:

Just a bigger clipboard than he's carrying will do the job. ;)

The News Headlines

Revenue man chokes on clipboard.

I will do ANYTHING but give these people another cent. I am self employed, and s-l-o-w-l-y being bled dry.

Aside from the right or wrong of paying, I simply do not have a cent more to give them bastairds.

You know what I say, L.D., Fcuk em. Cant take knickers off a bare arse. The best thing that could happen for the majority of us is this audit that they are talking about. When they find that we dont have any spondulox, maybe then will they find out exactly who has it(process of elimination).

Could you not save this sort of histrionics for your middle of the night contributions.

Could you not be a smart ass. The poster is making sense, regardless of your histrionics. There are a lot of people suffering to-day because of this governments decisions.

MadYaker wrote: »
    Well people who illegally dodge tax are criminals.

Unless you are a T.D.

[QUOTE=MadYaker;82142044 However I do have sympathy for those who honestly can't afford to pay.[/QUOTE]

At least ya proved that yer capable of saying something sensible. Well done.

• Advertisement

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Indo

When told by Revenue to provide information on who owns a house, anybody who fails to comply will be hit with a daily fine of €100.

Revenue will be drawing up a database of every house in the country, each of
    which will have an identification number.

will they be tatooing it on our arms?

Barcode on our necks, easier to hide from our relations when they come for the gathering.:D:D

So the Government have 108 of 166 (I think that might be the biggest majority in modern times).
    No danger of this Government falling in the foreseeable.

It breaks my heart to have to agree with you again, dv, but it is too big a majority to overcome. But, we shall overcome some day.

Brilliant!!
    Listen - what ever else you do DONT GO INTO THE SHOWER

Would you ever grow up.

Well if he is, you can sleep easily knowing that at least this is something you won't be footing a bill for :)

And how do ya know that he wont put it down to unvouched expenses.;)

Nope. They only consult with me once every 4 years or so.

I can see that changing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

I want to ask you a querstion if I may Donal - While I agree the revenue know exactly how to 'lean on people' to pay their taxes, do I not recall correctly Noonan saying NOBODY would be going to jail over non-payment of the HHC? I for one, will throw myself off the COM before giving these self centred leeches a CENT for the HHC...............and I am not BSing over this!!!

What kind of society brings a 70yo man to crying on the radio this week????

I don't expect you to go to jail! Also, I wouldn't recommend throwing yourself off anything. You'll pay your tax liability and that will sort it all out.

What kind of a society brings a 70yo man to crying on the radio? Probably the same kind of society who listen to Joe Duffy. If no-one listened to the w*nk he goes on with, he'd soon disappear & we wouldn't have a forum for 70yo men with five kids (aged 5 to whatever) to be crying on radio.

Hi, tell Joe the problems you have with the budget and he'll empathise with you... (BTW, don't forget that Joe is earning 370k per annum..)

I don't expect you to go to jail! Also, I wouldn't recommend throwing yourself off anything. You'll pay your tax liability and that will sort it all out.

What kind of a society brings a 70yo man to crying on the radio? Probably the same kind of society who listen to Joe Duffy. If no-one listened to the w*nk he goes on with, he'd soon disappear & we wouldn't have a forum for 70yo men with five kids (aged 5 to whatever) to be crying on radio.

Hi, tell Joe the problems you have with the budget and he'll empathise with you... (BTW, don't forget that Joe is earning 370k per annum..)

Nice one, captain sensitive.:mad:

Ghandee wrote: »
    If I were you, I'd be preparing for a motion of no confidence to be put to the dail on Friday.;)
    Could this be the start of the slippery slope?

I'd say any motion of no confidence this week will be defeated!

I suppose we can re-assess that one this time next week. :D:D:D

Nice one, captain sensitive.:mad:

I'm sensitive to people who act responsibly, pay their dues and make a contribution to society.

• Advertisement

I'm sensitive to people who act responsibly, pay their dues and make a contribution to society.

I dont think so, goodnight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement