Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

darkhorse wrote: »
    I dont think so, goodnight.

Goodnight Horse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

I don't expect you to go to jail! Also, I wouldn't recommend throwing yourself off anything. You'll pay your tax liability and that will sort it all out.

What kind of a society brings a 70yo man to crying on the radio? Probably the same kind of society who listen to Joe Duffy. If no-one listened to the w*nk he goes on with, he'd soon disappear & we wouldn't have a forum for 70yo men with five kids (aged 5 to whatever) to be crying on radio.

Hi, tell Joe the problems you have with the budget and he'll empathise with you... (BTW, don't forget that Joe is earning 370k per annum..)

Hahahaha, so You also listened to the Joe Duffy show ( I never said what programme the poor man was on).

I DO agree with You though on the hypocrasy of having someone on a phone-in show who is sympathising with a caller while on exhorbitant wages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Hahahaha, so You also listened to the Joe Duffy show ( I never said what programme the poor man was on).

I DO agree with You though on the hypocrasy of having someone on a phone-in show who is sympathising with a caller while on exhorbitant wages.

O.K., I had to come back. L.D., dont mind what any of them idiots tell ya, I will tell ya the truth, and I have no axe to grind. Right, my friend, ya know the way footballers get very well paid. Well, the reason for this is, that footballers are on a contract, and, in terms of the majority's of footballers, their carreer usually ends at the age of thirty five/thirty eight. Well, its much the same in terms of a tv presenter/dj, as regards of contract, although there are dj's that will last much longer, its got to do with popularity. Ya see what I'm saying. A radio station can deem that a presenter/dj may be past his/her sell by date, thus the high wages, which, by the way, are negotiated by agents working for said presenter/dj. That's the reason for the high wages in broadcasting/presenting/dj ing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

O.K., I had to come back. L.D., dont mind what any of them idiots tell ya, I will tell ya the truth, and I have no axe to grind. Right, my friend, ya know the way footballers get very well paid. Well, the reason for this is, that footballers are on a contract, and, in terms of the majority's of footballers, their carreer usually ends at the age of thirty five/thirty eight. Well, its much the same in terms of a tv presenter/dj, as regards of contract, although there are dj's that will last much longer, its got to do with popularity. Ya see what I'm saying. A radio station can deem that a presenter/dj may be past his/her sell by date, thus the high wages, which, by the way, are negotiated by agents working for said presenter/dj. That's the reason for the high wages in broadcasting/presenting/dj ing.

You're defending exorbitant fees charged by the elites at RTE. Paid for by tax payers. That's me and (to a lesser extent) you. (I can't imagine too many people dodging the property tax are paying their TV licence)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Could you not be a smart ass. The poster is making sense, regardless of your histrionics. There are a lot of people suffering to-day because of this governments decisions.

The nazi's were nothing on this lot...and I'm NOT being sarcastic!!!

Dictatorship HAS taken over!!!

This may pass as making sense in Donegal, I call it histrionics.

• Advertisement

And how do ya know that he wont put it down to unvouched expenses.;)
    Do you normally pay for your sex? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

dvpower wrote: »
    You're defending exorbitant fees charged by the elites at RTE. Paid for by tax payers. That's me and (to a lesser extent) you. (I can't imagine too many people dodging the property tax are paying their TV licence)

how do you make out that DH pays less towards RTE than you?
    Quite possiblly, DH could be paying more tax overall than you, and thus subsidising your viewing iof RTE

you need to read up a bit on the history of your party DX. FG were as close to the brownshirts as we have ever had in this country. no wonder Herr Enda gets on so well with Frau Angela...

Maybe his knowledge of the Nazis is limited to watching re runs of 'Allo 'Allo

bgrizzley wrote: »
    how do you make out that DH pays less towards RTE than you?
    Quite possiblly, DH could be paying more tax overall than you, and thus subsidising your viewing iof RTE

You could be right. Anyone who thinks Joe Duffy is worth €400k probably is paying the TV licence.
    I'd say a few of you lads are regular liveline contributors :pac:

• Advertisement

you need to read up a bit on the history of your party DX. FG were as close to the brownshirts as we have ever had in this country. no wonder Herr Enda gets on so well with Frau Angela...

Your reading of history is selective. Another party in this country had much closer links to the Nazis. I have no connection with FG and have never voted No. 1 for any of their candidates in any election.

You could be right. Anyone who thinks Joe Duffy is worth €400k probably is paying the TV licence.
    I'd say a few of you lads are regular liveline contributors :pac:

Ah Joooe, they wont pay their household charge, theyll ruin the cuntry joe...
    :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Joe Duffy is a League of Ireland presenter on Premiership wages. It's the equivalent of a Sligo Rovers player being paid the wages of Wayne Rooney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I'd say any motion of no confidence this week will be defeated!

I suppose we can re-assess that one this time next week. :D:D:D

FG may hold firm, its the Labour party I would be worried about if I was a member of the FG party, as ultimately it is the Labour party that will moire than likely falter at the hurdle.
    IN a weekend of discontent, furious Labour TDs have declared the controversial cut to child benefit in the Budget a "red-line" issue and have rounded on their leader Eamon Gilmore.

Launching a scathing attack on Mr Gilmore and other ministers, the Labour senator John Whelan said: "This is a Cabinet of grey-haired old men who are detached from the lives of working families."

In a reference to the expected retirement of most of the Cabinet at the next election, Mr Whelan asked: "Who among them will have to face mothers at the next election to explain their actions?"

At the last general election, Labour vowed to protect child benefit, but the monthly rate was cut in the Budget by €10 per child to €130 for the first three children. The cut come into effect in January. A further cut of €10 is to be implemented for a fourth and subsequent children from January 2014.

The entire measure will cost many hard-pressed families up to €1,500 a year before other cuts and taxes are taken into account, such as changes to PRSI and the property tax.

Of the 45 members of Labour's parliamentary party, 12 TDs and senators have expressed varying degrees of concern, both publicly and privately, at the direction their party is taking in Government.

It has also also emerged that Labour's chairman, Colm Keaveney, has written to TDs and senators – in defiance of the party leadership – to ask for complaints, which he has said he will urgently take to Mr Gilmore. While Mr Gilmore and other Labour ministers are anxious to maintain control over internal dissent, Mr Keaveney wrote: "The last week has been a difficult one for us as a party.

"The Budget presented many challenges for us as we are in Government with a party that operates according to a very different set of values and objectives from our own..

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/broken-promise-gilmore-in-trouble-as-tds-rebel-over-budget-3319828.html

It may be the only thing stopping these Labour TD's adopting their 'principles' will be their pensions.

Kinda hypocritical of them, considering what the party supposedly represents.

Your reading of history is selective. Another party in this country had much closer links to the Nazis. I have no connection with FG and have never voted No. 1 for any of their candidates in any election.

We get it DX.

You're a shinner! Tiocfaidh Ar La comrade.:pac:

i dunno DX, they look pretty fascist in those pics below.

http://rexcurry.net/fine-gael-eoin-oduffy.jpg

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/images/tile/2009/0209/1233867927111_2.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dWi1ftqEfOg/TVSLk1BObwI/AAAAAAAABmo/UUImWpiGSFM/s1600/blueshirts%255B1%255D.gif

Would be interesed in what other parties you think were connected to the Facists. i can only think of Dev signing the book of condolences for Hitler, if thats what you mean.

i dunno DX, they look pretty fascist in those pics below.

http://rexcurry.net/fine-gael-eoin-oduffy.jpg

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/images/tile/2009/0209/1233867927111_2.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-dWi1ftqEfOg/TVSLk1BObwI/AAAAAAAABmo/UUImWpiGSFM/s1600/blueshirts%255B1%255D.gif

Would be interesed in what other parties you think were connected to the Facists. i can only think of Dev signing the book of condolences for Hitler, if thats what you mean.

If you think that a tax which will have taken €100 between last January and next July from private householders can be equated with what the Nazis did then I will abandon any hope of a sensible discussion with you.

I don't want to divert the thread into a discussion about who collaborated with the Nazis, if you don't know look it up.

If you think that a tax which will have taken €100 between last January and next July from private householders can be equated with what the Nazis did then I will abandon any hope of a sensible discussion with you.

I don't want to divert the thread into a discussion about who collaborated with the Nazis, if you don't know look it up.

lol, do you guys always make stuff up when you dont have an answer for whatever you made up in the previous post?

1. Show me where i compared the HHC to the Nazis?(cause i didnt!)

2. Back up your statement about there being Nazi sympathizers in Ireland(besides FG).(i am really interested to know!!)(and if i had to look up every mad claim on the Yes side i'd never be off the internet!)

3 Or else, dont make stuff up, then throw a strop when someone calls you on it!

;)

lol, do you guys always make stuff up when you dont have an answer for whatever you made up in the previous post?

2. Back up your statement about there being Nazi sympathizers in Ireland(besides FG).(i am really interested to know!!)(and if i had to look up every mad claim on the Yes side i'd never be off the internet!)

;)

How did the Nazis get into this thread about the HHC? Fair enough if you think the HHC is not a Nazi policy then I agree with you. I will have to accept that you do not know what happened here before and during WW2 but you could look it up.

https://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&as_q=sinn+fein+&as_epq=nazi+collaboration&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

;)

Are you still on this Nazi thing? La Dieux was only having a bit of fun.
    You actually fell for it :D

• Advertisement

How did the Nazis get into this thread about the HHC? Fair enough if you think the HHC is not a Nazi policy then I agree with you. I will have to accept that you do not know what happened here before and during WW2 but you could look it up.

https://www.google.ie/search?hl=en&as_q=sinn+fein+&as_epq=nazi+collaboration&as_oq=&as_eq=&as_nlo=&as_nhi=&lr=&cr=&as_qdr=all&as_sitesearch=&as_occt=any&safe=images&tbs=&as_filetype=&as_rights=

that was simple wasnt it. Many thanks:D (interesting reading too!!!)

Are you still on this Nazi thing? La Dieux was only having a bit of fun.
    You actually fell for it :D

:D silly ole me

For a non FG Man, you forgot to mention the parties grassroots organisation (blueshirts) and the vital active role they played in the Spanish civil war.....
    that was simple wasnt it. Many thanks:D (interesting reading too!!!)

Read on my friend, read on.....

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blueshirts

http://flag.blackened.net/revolt/freeearth/fe2_ireland.html

The blueshirts sailed (under swastikas) to fight along side Franco.

While Ireland at the time was at an all time anti English stance, and aligning with nazism was a way of choosing an ally over a common foe (Britain)

At least some parties moved on to have the courage to say no to the Germans. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Ghandee wrote: »
    FG may hold firm, its the Labour party I would be worried about if I was a member of the FG party, as ultimately it is the Labour party that will moire than likely falter at the hurdle.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/broken-promise-gilmore-in-trouble-as-tds-rebel-over-budget-3319828.html

It may be the only thing stopping these Labour TD's adopting their 'principles' will be their pensions.

Kinda hypocritical of them, considering what the party supposedly represents.

Key point is that it appears that many of the decision makers in the Labour party will probably not stand for re-election. Consequently, they are in a position to make the decisions that need to be made to get the country self sufficient again (allowing history to look favourably on them as the people who dug us out of this mess). That said, I would prefer to have seen them make some real decisions around areas such as PS wages / Welfare (where they have shown a distinct lack of balls so far).

FG have their own problems. Irrespective of any of our ideological differences, anyone would have to admit that Hogan is a pure liability at this stage. 'Twit' would be far too generous a term. In fact, the worst criticism I could make of him is that tt would be hard to distinguish between him and O'Reilly at this stage!!:D

All that said, I really don't believe that the govt will fall on this budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

As Tesco say, every little helps;)

Helps who though?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maybe his knowledge of the Nazis is limited to watching re runs of 'Allo 'Allo

I like that policeman in Alo Alo.

"I was just pissing by the door when I decided to drip in"

• Registered Users Posts: 51,933 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Joe Duffy is a League of Ireland presenter on Premiership wages. It's the equivalent of a Sligo Rovers player being paid the wages of Wayne Rooney.

Or one of our esteemed T.D.'s being paid more than the President of the U.S.A.

Do you really really still not believe that the extra money that the govt. are taking off us, is not going to pay for and keep our basic services afloat. I do believe that in your heart, you know the truth.

Transport Minister Leo Varadkar says a new scheme will allow people to help share the cost of repairing local roads – or do it themselves – from next year.

I have been telling you what the truth is for the past several months, Bish. But, dont just take my word for it, as Leo is in government and must be in the know.

There are about 800,000 more people in work now than back then.

Be something badly wrong if there was'nt, considering that the population grew by a million since, that we know about.

• Advertisement

I'm curious about how this threat of bailiffs seizing property would work in real life. If they showed up at someone's door what could they seize? How would they distinguish the house owner's property from his son's property for instance? If a neighbour left his property in the defaulter's house and they took that, would they be committing theft?

There is also a list of Bailiffs names and addresses being circulated.This could get very dirty very quickly.
    Bailiffs are seizing property every week of the year and have been doing so for decades.

What's this 'how would it work in real life' thing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement