Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Just as I am doing with your post above. What's the point in having a debate if one doesn't bother their butt's to read/listen to a POV?

I respect your prerogative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Am Chile wrote: »
    Since the budget last wednesday- I have observed via facebook a signifigant number of people have left angry comments on fine gael/labour tds facebook pages- only to have the comments deleted afterwards-...

That's how highly these guys regard any voice of dissent... delete.... and it doesn't exist

How about organising a protest at the clinics most TD's still run all around the country. They can't ignore that, if they are met with protest in every town and village they go to, "to listen to their constituents".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

In general he is wrong (but I turned it off after three minutes as I can't be listening to this type of rubbish).

First of all, he says that the increased tax is being applied entirely against Anglo / other bank debt. When the only repayments that we are making are Bank debts (or interest thereon), I'll accept that point. But as long as we are borrowing to fund our day to day expenses, I won't. If you think of his logic and strip out the increased taxes and assume they are solely applied against bank debt, then our day to day position is even worse (so we should do even more to resolve te position)!!!

Re: his points on the regressive nature of the budget, the only answer I have to that is 'Get Real, Stephen'. If you want to examine the position, then you need to look at the overall impact of all the changes cumulatively since 2008. Then you'll see whether the changes are progressive or not.

The bottom line is that this country has reached the point of diminishing returns on taxation from bigger earners. If taxes are increased, ex-pats will start using the remittance basis of taxation to fully avoid Irish Income Tax (and in fact we will probably see a reduction in FDI). Thankfully a few people in the Dept of Finance seem to be aware of this.

The only way of resolving this mess is to get our current budget deficit eliminated. Then our government is empowered to really get relief on the Bank debt (as we are not cap in hand trying to get money to prevent starvation on the streets).

All I can, Bish, is that you are entitled to your opinion, I could never agree with your opinion, and I would believe that the majority of people would not agree with your opinion, or you policy. I dont know what you do for a living, and I am not in the least interested, but I can tell you that I see in what I do, seven days a week, just what austerity is doing to ordinary people. It has not worked from an economic point of view, and it certainly has not worked from a moralistic point of view, but as I said, if you believe that it is the way to take the country, well, there's nothing I or anyone can say to convince you otherwise. I think we would be as well just talking about something different, like maybe HHC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/property-owner-in-house-charge-court-challenge-3324080.html

looks like it going to the high court. pity it is a landlord. Makes it more of a business case rather than relevant to the vast majority of non payers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Looks like EK is trying his damndest to outdo EG: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056829891

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

bgrizzley wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/property-owner-in-house-charge-court-challenge-3324080.html

looks like it going to the high court. pity it is a landlord. Makes it more of a business case rather than relevant to the vast majority of non payers

These people must have deep pockets.

All acts have to be signed by the President and if he has any doubts about their constitutionality he can submit them to the Council of State for an opinion (my understanding of the process). So any challenge is likely to fail.

And of course we had the previous High Court challenge about no Irish version of the act being available, that failed. The attempt in the Oireachtas earlier this year to have the act repealed was decisively defeated.

The separate development of a summons to Phil Hogan and others seems very strange unless this copy of the summons is a fake. Surely no legal advisers would allow a High Court summons to be couched in terms like this

http://awakenlongford.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/phil-hogan-summons-051212.pdf

9. The Household Charge Bureau in and of itself, is nothing more than a front for an illegal and highly organised
    criminal gang. Whose aim is to willfully mislead, misinform and misdirect ME and the People of the Island
    into making “self-declarations” that are NOT MANDATORY, solely for the purpose of fraudulently and
    illegally coercing People into paying money to them, under the guise of the aforementioned Act. The agents of
    the Household Bureau have basically admitted same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

The separate development of a summons to Phil Hogan and others seems very strange unless this copy of the summons is a fake. Surely no legal advisers would allow a High Court summons to be couched in terms like this

For every idiot willing to bring a case like this, there is a lawyer looking to upgrade his BMW.

if nobody ever challenged the government on anything, you and me would be in a mine breaking rocks (and getting a few lashes for talking).

lol on the summons. if its true about them being highly organised
    criminal gang CAB may be able to get your money back!!! ;)

dvpower wrote: »
    For every idiot willing to bring a case like this, there is a lawyer looking to upgrade his BMW.

Better he should have brought a case against Enda for impersonating a Taoiseach.
    he would have had a great shot at winning!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Looks like EK is trying his damndest to outdo EG: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056829891

I was listening to that on newstalk this morning and nearly crashed my vehicle in disbelief:eek:

Completely unacceptable childish behaviour from the so called leader of this country, the man was completely shown up for what he is, completely and utterly over his head.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Ghandee wrote: »
    I was listening to that on newstalk this morning and nearly crashed my vehicle in disbelief:eek:

Completely unacceptable childish behaviour from the do called leader of this country, the man was completely shown up for what he is, completely and utterly over his head.

What I also find disturbing is on that thread, someone put up a few clips of Cowan. Now, he is also a gobshíte, but also was 'leader' of our country.

So, right now we have EK, EG, MM, GA as party leaders - :cool:

They could stand a better chance at the supreme court.

Wonder if Mark McCrystal drives a fancy beamer?

They could stand a better chance at the supreme court.
    It wouldn't stand a chance in front of Judge Judy.

It wouldn't stand a chance in front of Judge Judy.

Deflection DV.

An engineer successfully defeated the govt in the supreme court of Ireland.

I wouldn't get too cocky over there chief. ;)

Deflection DV.

An engineer successfully defeated the govt in the supreme court of Ireland.

I wouldn't get too cocky over there chief. ;)
    Let me get this straight.
    Once upon a time, an entirely different person won an entirely different case regarding an entirely different piece of legislation at an entirely different court.

Am I with you so far?
    And I'm the one deflecting!!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

Once upon a time, an entirely different person won an entirely different case regarding an entirely different piece of legislation at an entirely different court.

Am I with you so far?

The law is simple. Once an engineer wins a case in the Supreme court nobody can ever lose against the government ever again.

The law is simple. Once an engineer wins a case in the Supreme court nobody can ever lose against the government ever again.

It's even simpler than that, the government don't always get it right.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,023 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

if nobody ever challenged the government on anything, you and me would be in a mine breaking rocks (and getting a few lashes for talking).

lol on the summons. if its true about them being highly organised
    criminal gang CAB may be able to get your money back!!! ;)

Breaking rocks seems and odd thing to do in a mine. And only you and me. The only mines that spring to mind for me are the Four Goldmines (what Phoenix Magazine calls the Four Courts, which includes the High Court).

Am I with you so far?

No no no,

What you said:
    Originally Posted by dvpower For every idiot willing to bring a case like this, there is a lawyer looking to upgrade his BMW

I pointed out that not (despite how your FG deluded fantasy land works) every lawyer upgrades his BMW by defending the govt in court.

The deflection comment was in reply to your smartarsed remark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,298 ✭✭✭Duggys Housemate

If this guy wins his case I'm challenging income tax.

• Advertisement

If this guy wins his case I'm challenging income tax.
    If he wins, I'm challenging my perception of my own sanity. :)

They can expect plenty of challenges to their new property tax legislation too.

If he wins, I'm challenging my perception of my own sanity. :)

I.challenged it ages ago when you urged people to 'register but don't pay' earlier on the thread. :pac:

Here ye go lads, here's all my details, I don't mind in helping you create your much sought over database for to screw me over with later. Mind now to chase me up now for the hundred quid not enclosed this time, and sure you've all my details there now, sue why don't you just keep in touch for any other bondholder/banker tax you dream up in the future.

Has Reilly ever settled his affairs yet while we're on the subject?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

New anti property tax group have being set up-please check their website folks.

http://naapt.weebly.com/index.html

Breaking rocks seems and odd thing to do in a mine. And only you and me. The only mines that spring to mind for me are the Four Goldmines (what Phoenix Magazine calls the Four Courts, which includes the High Court).

lol, i think you have in certain cases to break through rock to dig mines but luckily ive never had to.

we have goldrush in Wexford at the moment, im thinking about heading down to do a bit of panning (if i can get the Discovery channel to do a program about me, (since its Ireland they can call it "Golden Circle":pac:)).

Am Chile, do you know the provenance of this website? theres a lot of personal information being gathered there from people who are liable for the tax.

Very nice house on the front page.
    I'd say their property tax would be quite high. No wonder they're against it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Am Chile, do you know the provenance of this website? theres a lot of personal information being gathered there from people who are liable for the tax.

I came across this website via facebook-check mondays post on .http://www.facebook.com/IrishHomeownersUnite - it seems a guy by the name of
    Terence McSweeney is behind this new campaign.

It looks like they're trying to compile a database of some kind by asking people to register.

Sure that's a mad idea. :pac:

• Advertisement

It looks like they're trying to compile a database of some kind by asking people to register.

Sure that's a mad idea. :pac:

They're not mad enough to look for €100 for the privilege though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement