Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Ghandee wrote: »
    Mr 'I'm not a public servant' Vlad can attack Stephen, but not his statement?

Oh, the irony...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Oh, the irony...

I'm sorry, I thought you were going to point out the specific 'wrongs' with Stephen's statement?

Little wonder some on this thread are defending the hhc and property tax, their salaries literally depend on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

dvpower wrote: »
    Not true. The rates have been set for the next few years.
    Not true.
    Both the valuation and the rate are frozen, for three years I believe.

As of now they are..... untill Enda & Co. decide otherwise, and rewrite the "law" again.

Slick50 wrote: »
    As of now they are..... untill Enda & Co. decide otherwise, and rewrite the "law" again.

Enda and the imbeciles are making it up as they go along.

They can only rewrite laws when it comes to screwing the hard pressed tax payer though.
    They can't do it to bankers/ex politicians salaries/pensions (or so we're told)....

Doesnotcompute......

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

This is the chap who claimed that not only did we not need a bailout, but in actual fact the troika owed us €64 billion.

Whose pre-budget submission revolved around simply cancelling the promissory notes and taking €1.1 billion off AIB's balance sheet.

Who thinks that tearing up the Croke Park Agreement on the eve of the next negotiation on public sector pay is a good idea.

Who seems to think it's a completely new development that urban areas like Dublin subsidise the rest of the country, when in fact that's always been the case.

Who claims a two band tax system based on valuation "is not progressive".

Need I go on?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Slick50 wrote: »
    Yes of course. Legislators can make laws - its kinda part of their job description.

You're obviously free to vote for a different set of legislators at the next election.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I don't see the problem.
    The Irish people prioritise overseas aid and the government try to maintain it.

Only the most callous would begrudge sending tents to the victims of a tropical storm in the Philippines.

Will the government be applying a property tax to these tents?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Yes of course. Legislators can make laws - its kinda part of their job description.

Which makes their, and your assertion, that the rates they have imposed on us are fixed for whatever periods, as solid as quicksand. Or as reliable as their pre-election manifestos.
    You're obviously free to vote for a different set of legislators at the next election.

I get a chance to vote for a different set of false promises in a while. That's very reassuring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Naïve post of the thread.

No more Naive than than someone thinking that any money extracted under the guise of HHC/property tax is actually going towards services.

If you keep up the pretence that the law does not apply to you it will just mean you have to pay even more in the end.

“An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.”
    Martin Luther King jr

• Advertisement

darkhorse wrote: »
    “An individual who breaks a law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for the law.”
    Martin Luther King jr
    That hardly applies to you lot, since you don't willingly accept the consequences. You hide away, hoping that you don't get caught.

Comparisons to Martin Luther King are laughable, at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

That hardly applies to you lot, since you don't willingly accept the consequences. You hide away, hoping that you don't get caught.

i cant remember one person on this thread who said they wouldnt acccept the consequences of their actions, some down to doing time if necessary.

And who says we are hiding? We are only patiently waiting for this army of clipboard/letter wielding revenue/council officers with their multitude of database/list information sources.

sure, they only have to knock to find us. lulz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

DV, you are laughable, you pro tax lot are laughable...history will not be kind to you and your leaders....hang your heads in shame guys, you will forever have to hide the truth from your children and grandchildren.....cowards and traitors all of you....enjoy your ps pay and pensions, they are founded on the immoral and unjust destruction of the Irish economy and suffering of Irish citizens....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,022 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Martin Luther King jr

Thank God we're living in a country where the sky's the limit,
    the stores are open late and you can shop in bed thanks to television.
    - Joan Rivers

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    DV, you are laughable, you pro tax lot are laughable...history will not be kind to you and your leaders....hang your heads in shame guys, you will forever have to hide the truth from your children and grandchildren.....cowards and traitors all of you....enjoy your ps pay and pensions, they are founded on the immoral and unjust destruction of the Irish economy and suffering of Irish citizens....
    What a bizarre post.
    You don't hold back on the hyperbole, do you?

bgrizzley wrote: »
    i cant remember one person on this thread who said they wouldnt acccept the consequences of their actions, some down to doing time if necessary.

"Don't Register, Hide Away".
    Isn't that the slogan?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

"Don't Register, Hide Away".
    Isn't that the slogan?

lol, it should be, its fcuked FGs plans right up

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭markbld65

bgrizzley wrote: »

And who says we are hiding? We are only patiently waiting for this army of clipboard/letter wielding revenue/council officers with their multitude of database/list information sources.

sure, they only have to knock to find us. lulz

here's a funny but true story

went a while ago to tax a car i have, now i live on the border of 2 county's, Longford/roscmmon, i actually live in roscommon county but if i put longford on my address i get my mail a day early also phone is a LD number etc

anyhow, went to longford to tax it with the LD address yer wans says aw no you actually live in co. roscommon cant tax it here off ya go right-e-o off i go 23 miles to roscommon and tax the car

3 weeks ago i got a letter from Longford re HHC/ and last week got one from Roscommon

point
    they havent a fxxkxxg clue what there at, i didnt pay and wont pay simple, i paid for a water well including a treatment system i paid esb to install a transformer, i paid for a septic system, i paid for all drainage around my house, all the above either council didnt fund or care less about
    i pay the upkeep around my hovel and maintain it myself

so im one that will not pay for something i will not get a service from

markbld65 wrote: »

went a while ago to tax a car i have, now i live on the border of 2 county's, Longford/roscmmon, i actually live in roscommon county but if i put longford on my address i get my mail a day early also phone is a LD number etc

anyhow, went to longford to tax it with the LD address yer wans says aw no you actually live in co. roscommon cant tax it here off ya go right-e-o off i go 23 miles to roscommon and tax the car

3 weeks ago i got a letter from Longford re HHC/ and last week got one from Roscommon

point
    they havent a fxxkxxg clue what there at, i didnt pay and wont pay simple, i paid for a water well including a treatment system i paid esb to install a transformer, i paid for a septic system, i paid for all drainage around my house, all the above either council didnt fund or care less about

What is a LD phone number? I know most of Longford is in the 043 dialling code area but some parts are 044 others 090. And 043 covers parts of Roscommon, Westmeath and Cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭markbld65

What is a LD phone number? I know most of Longford is in the 043 dialling code area but some parts are 044 others 090. And 043 covers parts of Roscommon, Westmeath and Cavan.

its 043,

point i was making was i cant tax my vehicles in Longford but as far as longford CC are concerned they want me to pay them HHC, and roscommon CC also want me to pay them HHC :D

• Advertisement

You want a laugh. Turn to rte news now.

its 043,

point i was making was i cant tax my vehicles in Longford but as far as longford CC are concerned they want me to pay them HHC, and roscommon CC also want me to pay them HHC :D

What do you want to be going taxing your car for? As anyone here will tell you that money is going to the bankers.

Yeah, those that still have the money.

What do you want to be going taxing your car for? As anyone here will tell you that money is going to the bankers.

Its certainly not going on the roads anyway. That's for sure.
    THE public may be asked to get out their shovels and wallets if they want their local road repaired.

Transport Minister Leo Varadkar says a new scheme will allow people to help share the cost of repairing local roads – or do it themselves – from next year.

Between €5m and €10m will be made available from the Government, with further funding to be sourced from the public. He added it would allow minor works such as potholes to be repaired which might otherwise not be addressed.

"There are proposals to introduce a new community involvement scheme for regional and local roads on a pilot basis in 2013 involving an exchequer contribution of between €5m and €10m," he said. "This revised scheme should allow communities and the State to share the cost, or the workload, involved in repairing minor roads which wouldn't otherwise be improved."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/residents-may-have-to-share-cost-of-repairing-roads-or-grab-a-shovel-3319239.html

So, money raised via motor tax, nct, doe, vrt, vat on fuel, tax on fuel, tolls on the roads and they're still asking us to fix some roads ourselves:confused:

Just where is this motor tax money going to?

I'll say one thing for Stephen Donnelly, he's a fast learner. Only two years in the Dail and, with the amount of populist bluster he's been spouting recently, he sounds like a 20 year veteran./QUOTE]

I know that before you pieced this together, Vlad, that you checked this guy's CV, and that you know that he is better educated than the clown's that is causing hardship to numerous amounts of people in the country, (a country that I was once very proud of, wherever I was in the world, I always boasted about how great a country Ireland was, not any more) and ruining our economy even more so than the last shower of bozo's, in spite of what they told the electorate.

I know that before you pieced this together, Vlad, that you checked this guy's CV, and that you know that he is better educated than the clown's that is causing hardship to numerous amounts of people in the country...

I'm well aware of his CV. Which means he knows well that what a lot of he's been coming out with is hot air.

- Joan Rivers

As a matter of fact, dx, can ya verify what country Joan Rivers was talking about, cause she has a bit of an American twang.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Not true. The rates have been set for the next few years.

They will correspond with Croke park 2.

You hide away, hoping that you don't get caught

Who is hiding where exactly, dv? Do you think that people should write to the relevant department and head the letter "I'M NOT DEAD"? Would that help in creating a proper database, or, tell me, in your honest opinion, do you think that they would still be sending reminders to dead people? Or, do ya think that the deceased people that are still receiving letters pertaining to the HHC, are, in fact, not dead at all?

• Advertisement

point

That really say's it all about this government's whole administration, mark.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement