Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

markbld65 wrote: »
    its 043,

point i was making was i cant tax my vehicles in Longford but as far as longford CC are concerned they want me to pay them HHC, and roscommon CC also want me to pay them HHC :D

Sure, why don't you pay it in the both counties. The government needs all the help it can get, in trying to pay the bondholders. I'm sure they'll thank you for your help.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

darkhorse wrote: »
    Who is hiding where exactly, dv?
    Everyone evading their tax is hiding away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

dvpower wrote: »

not really, anyone that knows me knows im not going to pay this tax. that includes people i know who have paid, if they are upset they can pick up thier phone and inform the council.

bgrizzley wrote: »
    not really, anyone that knows me knows im not going to pay this tax. that includes people i know who have paid, if they are upset they can pick up thier phone and inform the council.
    Well hopefully they will.
    In the meantime you continue to hide away from the authorities, in the hope that they don't catch you. Otherwise you would have taken a principled stand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

The only person I see evading anything these days is Enda, which are questions from the opposition.

When asked a serious, indefensible question from SF, he'll answer with "Jean McConville, Northern bank, IRA, " blah blah blah.

If its FF asking them, its "we inherited your mess, what did you do in govt, rabble rabble rabble"

Shouldn't be surprised at this stage though. Its gotten to the stage now that he only really shows up for awards ceremonies and opportunistic photo shoots.

The mans an incompetent embarrassment. Telling us in one breath that the recession wasn't our fault, and in the next telling the nazis that we 'went mad and partied too hard'

He must've thought what he said in Germany, stayed in Germany. Wanker.

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    The only person I see evading anything these days is Enda, which are questions from the opposition.
    Then you need to take your blinkers off.
    Ghandee wrote: »
    Telling us in one breath that the recession wasn't our fault, and in the next telling the nazis that we 'went mad and partied too hard'
    I thought we were done with the whole Nazi thing. Tiresome and idiotic.

Then you need to take your blinkers off.

As darkhorse rightly pointed out, the folk who support this tax, and who tell us they fully believe the cash collected will be for local services are the ones with blinkers on.

The fact that public service increments in 2013 will cost the state 10 times what they'll save from cutting respite allowances speaks volumes IMO.

I thought we were done with the whole Nazi thing. Tiresome and idiotic.

See above.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Buford Tannen

I'll say one thing for Stephen Donnelly, he's a fast learner. Only two years in the Dail and, with the amount of populist bluster he's been spouting recently, he sounds like a 20 year veteran.

Still, you can't blame him. As an Independent, he's never going to be sitting in cabinet and will never have to put his money where his mouth his, so he's got nothing to lose.

What I do find intriguing is that, after more than a decade of voting for parties that subscribed to the fairytale book of economics, people are getting so excited by next fella to come along promising he can solve all our problems with a few strokes.

Another one living in fear.Govenments love people like you,makes their job of obtaining more money from you easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Buford Tannen

Yeah we are all shacked up with Peter Darragh Quinn across the border.

That's a pretty daft comparison tbh.

• Advertisement

Well hopefully they will.
    In the meantime you continue to hide away from the authorities, in the hope that they don't catch you. Otherwise you would have taken a principled stand.

they wont, cause it take a special kind of person to inform on your neighbour.
    A neighbour who's door is open to you 24/7, who you can walk into his shed and borrow what you want without asking. the guy who will drop you some turf when the government is cutting your fuel allowance, the guy who will give you a few hours break, when the government are cutting your respite grant.

So go blow your trumpet for Phil Hogan and his tax, see what happens when you tell him you are too broke to pay it;)

they wont, cause it take a special kind of person to inform on your neighbour.
    This is the kind of colonial era, backward attitude that has the country in a mess.
    So go blow your trumpet for Phil Hogan and his tax, see what happens when you tell him you are too broke to pay it;)
    I'm not too broke.:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

This is the kind of colonial era, backward attitude that has the country in a mess.
    Yes get onto the phone there and report a few others, while "hiding away" behind your curtains.
    I'm not too broke.
    If you were, would you be as supportive of the property tax then?

Not when the government is no longer for the people. plus its a bit of a cheek implying that about me, when you are beating the drum for the last 6 months for a party of parish pump gombeenmen who are still fighting a hundred year old civil war

(btw lol @ colonial era, sure arent we only a colony of germany now)

I'm not too broke.:confused:

give it time, they have another 2 years to go...

give it time, they have another 2 years to go...

I have a feeling he wont have much problem. People who wont be affected by the financial difficulties that many are in, dont give a bollox about anyone else`s difficulty. These government ministers are the perfect example. The sole reason they are there, is self interest, pocket lining.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Yes get onto the phone there and report a few others, while "hiding away" behind your curtains.
    As I said, its the people who are trying to avoid paying it that are hiding away, vainly hoping that the Revenue don't catch up to them.
    I expect that when this tax is bedded down, increasingly people won't put up with having to carry the load for their thieving neighbours. Outside of small numbers of retrogrades, there isn't much tolerance for tax evasion in this country. I expect the property tax will be the same.
    If you were, would you be as supportive of the property tax then?
    I might even be more supportive of it, it being a wealth tax.
    Not when the government is no longer for the people.
    They have a massive majority and the opinion polls confirm the majority. Saying that the government is no longer for the people is really just whinging because your chosen lot don't have enough support, isn't it?
    (btw lol @ colonial era, sure arent we only a colony of germany now)
    "Don't inform on your neighbours". "We're being ruled by outsiders".

Yep. It looks like some of you do still have a colonial mindset.

I have a feeling he wont have much problem.
    :)
    People who wont be affected by the financial difficulties that many are in, dont give a bollox about anyone else`s difficulty. These government ministers are the perfect example. The sole reason they are there, is self interest, pocket lining.
    Stop complaining and pay your damn taxes!

:)
    Stop complaining and pay your damn taxes!

I hate automated responses

I might even be more supportive of it, it being a wealth tax.

Total BS, but I know you know that already.

They have a massive majority and the opinion polls confirm the majority. Saying that the government is no longer for the people is really just whinging because your chosen lot don't have enough support, isn't it?

i dont have a chosen lot, they are all cúnts. Anyway, isnt democracy where two fools can outvote a genius? :D

• Advertisement

As I said, its the people who are trying to avoid paying it that are hiding away, vainly hoping that the Revenue don't catch up to them.
    I expect that when this tax is bedded down, increasingly people won't put up with having to carry the load for their thieving neighbours. Outside of small numbers of retrogrades, there isn't much tolerance for tax evasion in this country. I expect the property tax will be the same.

Oh the innocence!
    If i had a euro for everytime someone asked me for a price for cash i could retire.
    If i had one for everytime i've been undercut by someone working for cash i could do the same.
    If you had any idea how many cars are driving around the country without tax you wouldnt be harping on about us not paying the HHC
    If you had any idea of the size of the black market in cigarettes and laundered diesel you definitely wouldnt be making that comment.

Tax evasion, you say? this country was built on it, ask Michael Lowry. ask FG Councillor Percy Clendennen.
    sure, didnt the FG party themselves have to settle with the revenue.

lol, that tolerance obviously starts at the top:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

You know the best thing I discovered about Boards recently is the 'ignore' button. Man it spares me grief.

If hiding away is so worrisome for some, why are they hiding behind a pseudonym themselves?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

What I do find intriguing is that people are getting so excited by next fella to come along promising he can solve all our problems with a few strokes.

Would this be the next fella that yer talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qE_-Fp7lGSk

But at the same time he has promised:

Not to raise the existing tax rates

Not to introduce a property tax on residential homes
    Not to cut social welfare from €196
    Not to cut child benefit

Lol........

Penny hasn't dropped yet........
    The Revenue Commissioners will have the power to come in and inspect a home to assess its value for the property tax.

Property tax dodgers also face fines of €3,000 for deliberately failing to fill in forms properly or undervaluing their house, under tough new legislation.

The legislation to back up the new property tax, the Local Property Tax Bill, 2012 was published yesterday. The bill says the Revenue will have the power to "enter on land and inspect the relevant residential property" to assess its value.

Reminiscent of the penal laws so.....
    The British government, under pressure from English reformers to relieve the situation, enacted the Poor Law Act of 1838, modeled on the English workhouse system. Under this relief plan, Ireland was divided into 130 separate administrative areas, called unions, since they united several church parishes together. Each union had its own workhouse and a local Board of Guardians elected by taxpaying landowners and farmers. The chairman of the Board was usually the biggest proprietor or landlord in the area. Each Board was responsible for setting local tax rates and for collecting the funds necessary to maintain the workhouse. Inside each workhouse lived a resident Master and Matron, who were also supervised by the Board. The entire system was supervised by a Poor Law Commissioner stationed in Dublin.

http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/famine/before.htm

FG/Germany, our new masters. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Government promised not raise income tax as that has a detremental impact on jobs...unlike PRSI, increases in motor tax. LOL who are these shysters trying to kid. People were forced into communter towns as a result of FFails property bubble. It is not like we have a wonderful public transport system.

You have to laugh at the trolls who say we can always elect someone else in the next elections. Dont they release they are all useless and that we dont live in a democracy. We live in a banana republic not runby elected officials but by permanent civil sernants.

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    If hiding away is so worrisome for some, why are they hiding behind a pseudonym themselves?
    We'll La Dieux, if that is your real name...

If i had a euro for everytime someone asked me for a price for cash i could retire.
    Maybe they know youre in the habit of not paying your taxes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

darkhorse wrote: »
    Would this be the next fella that yer talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qE_-Fp7lGSk

But at the same time he has promised:

Not to raise the existing tax rates

Not to introduce a property tax on residential homes
    Not to cut social welfare from €196
    Not to cut child benefit

What a LIAR You are Gilmore...a damn bloody LIAR!!!!

Maybe they know youre in the habit of not paying your taxes.

A scurrilous remark about someone you dont know. You most definitely dont know my habits.

Badly done sir!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Government promised not raise income tax as that has a detremental impact on jobs...unlike PRSI, increases in motor tax. LOL who are these shysters trying to kid. People were forced into communter towns as a result of FFails property bubble. It is not like we have a wonderful public transport system.

You have to laugh at the trolls who say we can always elect someone else in the next elections. Dont they release they are all useless and that we dont live in a democracy. We live in a banana republic not runby elected officials but by permanent civil sernants.

Thats representative democracy for you, how about direct democracy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement