Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

bgrizzley wrote: »
    A scurrilous remark about someone you dont know. You most definitely dont know my habits.

Badly done sir!

Id say he would oppose a troll tax.

A certain level of liability is too high for anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

A scurrilous remark about someone you dont know. You most definitely dont know my habits.

Badly done sir!

Hes at it the whole time, then gets emotional when someone says something about him.
    Poor DV, id say hes a wreck in the real world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Badly done sir!

What's scurrilous about it? Here you are earlier:
    anyone that knows me knows im not going to pay this tax.

You have a very thin skin for someone who only today has referred to various people as gombeenmen and cûnts.

• Site Banned Posts: 29 Nailin4Whales

Hijpo wrote: »
    Thats representative democracy for you, how about direct democracy?

Academic folk are scared of direct democracy because they're afraid turkeys won't vote for Christmas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

DV has a record of wrongly accusing people of not paying their taxes. People.should ignore him. You know what they say about feeding them.

• Advertisement

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    DV has a record of wrongly accusing people of not paying their taxes. People.should ignore him. You know what they say about feeding them.
    Who am I wrongly accusing?

You wrongly accused me, refused to withdraw your statement and chose to ignore.

Sorry about that. I didn't realise you had paid your HHC.

Although I don't quite understand why people get upset about being labelled as something that they are cheerleading for.

Paying ones taxes does not preclude one from debating its existance or its justification. If people are happy to part with their money no questions asked that is their business. I for one want proper political change, change we were promised by the current government.

We need smaller more effective govermnment who will get out of our way and let the people of this country get on with the job of getting us out of this mess in large created by government.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Ghandee wrote: »
    Lol........

Penny hasn't dropped yet........

Reminiscent of the penal laws so.....

http://www.historyplace.com/worldhistory/famine/before.htm

FG/Germany, our new masters. :rolleyes:

Great minds think alike, G.

The Penal Laws, first passed in 1695. were strictly enforced. These laws made it illegal for Catholics (Irish) to own land, and required the transfer of property from Catholics to Protestants; to have access to an education, and eliminated Gaelic as a language while preventing the development of an educated class; to enter professions, forcing the Irish to remain as sharecropping farmers; or to practice their religion. In addition, Catholics (Irish) could not vote, hold an office, purchase land, join the army, or engage in commerce. Simply put, the British turned the Irish into nothing better than slaves, subsisting on their small rented farms.
    As the economic situation worsened, landlords who had the legal power to do so, evicted their Irish tenant farmers, filling the workhouses with poor, underfed, and diseased human beings who were destined to die.

But, dont ya know that the advocates of the property tax will just put this down to propaganda, and tell us that we have to keep paying, no matter who has to suffer, cause its the law. Funny enough, I remember this from history lessons in school more than 40 years ago, and one of the things I remember the teacher saying was that we, as a nation, would never be enslaved again. Well, technically, he was half right, the english dont want to enslave us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Oh, I have Bullseye, best thing ever invented was the 'ignore' button.;)

Don't hold Your breath Bullseye. I have been waiting for about 3 months now for an apology....best thing I ever did was ignore the fg'er!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

First Phil wanted
    €50 for septic tank Inspection fees-then phil wanted
    €5 for sepitc tank Inspection fees for a limited period only--the
    €5 special offer has ended since september--with a signifigant per % having boycotted the paying the septic tank Inspection fees so far--phil has granted a concession to campaigners .

The
    Minister for the Environment, Phil Hogan, today announced a grant scheme to
    provide financial assistance of up to E4,000 to households whose septic tanks
    need upgrading

A
    household that earns up to E50k can avail of grants of up to E4k and households
    with total earnings of between E50k and E75k can avail of grants of up to
    E2,500.

http://www.businessworld.ie/bworld/livenews.htm?a=3016420

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Am Chile wrote: »
    First Phil wanted
    €5 special offer has ended since september--with a signifigant per % having boycotted the paying the septic tank Inspection fees so far--phil has granted a concession to campaigners .

What type of septic tank is he suggesting? Surely a simple percolation system won't be costing over 4k.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Am Chile wrote: »
    First Phil wanted

The €5 inspection fee offer was like the relatively low €100 HHC, to entice registrations, before it went back to the €50 level.

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    You know the best thing I discovered about Boards recently is the 'ignore' button. Man it spares me grief.

If hiding away is so worrisome for some, why are they hiding behind a pseudonym themselves?
    Oh, I have Bullseye, best thing ever invented was the 'ignore' button.;)
    Don't hold Your breath Bullseye. I have been waiting for about 3 months now for an apology....best thing I ever did was ignore the fg'er!
    You've brought ignoring me to obsessional levels :pac:

Lol he cant see your posts, you know he cant see your posts, yet you still have the urge to have the last word even though it means nothing to the person you aiming it at.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Lol he cant see your posts, you know he cant see your posts, yet you still have the urge to have the last word even though it means nothing to the person you aiming it at.
    He can.
    You've just shown him.

dvpower wrote: »
    He can.
    You've just shown him.

Fixed ;-)

What I do find intriguing is that, after more than a decade of voting for parties that subscribed to the fairytale book of economics, people are getting so excited by next fella to come along promising he can solve all our problems with a few strokes.

What about this guy, would he know what he is talking, or is he talking hot air aswell.

What Part of 'Austerity Isn't Working' Don't People Get ... - Rolling Stone

• Advertisement

darkhorse wrote: »
    What about this guy, would he know what he is talking, or is he talking hot air aswell.

That article doesn't mention Ireland, but does hint at why we have a policy of austerity.
    In a way, our austerity policies are actually less defensible than those in some
    European countries. With the price of borrowing so extremely low here,
    capital markets are basically pleading for our government to borrow and
    get busy with temporary growth measures. That’s not happening in Spain,
    Italy, Portugal, and Greece, and for good reason: government debt in those
    countries is highly risky, and priced accordingly

We haven't either got the savings to avoid austerity or a line of credit.

Have you figured out where we might get the money to spend if we did decide to change course?

darkhorse wrote: »

Most certainly, the oul doll standing next to Him does!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

As I said, its the people who are trying to avoid paying it that are hiding away, vainly hoping that the Revenue don't catch up to them.

Starting to sound desperate, trying to dupe people into provide the info for the data base. Register and don't pay? Hahaha!!!
    They have a massive majority and the opinion polls confirm the majority. Saying that the government is no longer for the people is really just whinging because your chosen lot don't have enough support, isn't it?

What polls are you talking about... I haven't seen any that showed the majority if people supportive of a bunch of c*nts who dropped their election manifestos in their mad scramble for a taste of power... "red line" issues dropped too. And Micheál Martin the most popular leader in the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

pitkan wrote: »

It's good to see that Nicky Kelly has fully embraced the democratic process.

Cllr Brady continued "The information i have received certainly paints a picture that certain Councillors on Wicklow County Council are on the gravy train. The chairpersons of each of the councils Strategic Policy Committees (SPC's) get an allowance of €6,000 and on average each committee sits 4 times a year. That means the chair is paid a staggering €1,250 per meeting.

There are 5 SPC's on Wicklow County council, Nicky Kelly is chair of Housing and Corporate Estate, Vincent Blake chair of Water and Environmental Services, George Jones chair of Community, Cultural and Social Development, Pat Vance is the of chair Planning and Economic development and Christopher Fox is chair of Transport and Roads Infrastructure."

Slick50 wrote: »
    Starting to sound desperate, trying to dupe people into provide the info for the data base. Register and don't pay? Hahaha!!!

What polls are you talking about... I haven't seen any that showed the majority if people supportive of a bunch of c*nts who dropped their election manifestos in their mad scramble for a taste of power... "red line" issues dropped too. And Micheál Martin the most popular leader in the country.

Tell You this much Slick50: Watch this, and then wonder just how anyone can vote for these bullshítters in the next election/

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/41/57183/1/Tonight-with-Vincent-Browne

I had some respect for Varadker up to watching this. Now? He's no better than the rest of them.

That article doesn't mention Ireland, but does hint at why we have a policy of austerity.

We haven't either got the savings to avoid austerity or a line of credit.

Have you figured out where we might get the money to spend if we did decide to change course?

The question was, is he right or wrong?, nothing more, nothing less.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

http://www.tv3.ie/3player/show/41/57183/1/Tonight-with-Vincent-Browne I had some respect for Varadker up to watching this. Now? He's no better than the rest of them.

I find him arrogant, but at least he explained how he and the rest of the government can say "this budget is fair", the first words out of their mouths when asked about it. He has "a different concept of what is fair" to Joe Higgins... and the rest of us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Cllr Brady continued "The information i have received certainly paints a picture that certain Councillors on Wicklow County Council are on the gravy train. The chairpersons of each of the councils Strategic Policy Committees (SPC's) get an allowance of €6,000 and on average each committee sits 4 times a year.That means the chair is paid a staggering €1,250 per meeting.

That's why our economy is bolloxed. :eek:

€1250 x 4 = €6000????

• Advertisement

Slick50 wrote: »

What polls are you talking about... I haven't seen any that showed the majority if people supportive of a bunch of c*nts who dropped their election manifestos in their mad scramble for a taste of power... "red line" issues dropped too.
    Well then you are blind.
    Every single poll taken since the election puts FG/LAB in front.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement