Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about your situation unfortunately it's not uncommon or restricted to Public Sector workers. I've seen people who work in the hotel and retail sectors here get some awful abuse. There are just people out there who treat their fellow human beings as commodities and with little respect. I think I readd that there had been a substantial number of taxi drivers who have taken their own lives in recent years.

It is very sad to read of anyone take their own lives, hopefully this latest tragedy will finally get this country to do something about bullying and mental health.

Since the story broke, some people on Internet threads have commented about a form of bullying put Shane under stress--being blunt and straight to the point shane made unfavourable remarks about carers post budget when a lot of people were angry about the budget--what the fcuk did he expect ? not to receive any Criticism or blowback whatsoever about his remarks ? when someone is the line of work of being a public rep and a politician, when they Implement policies a lot of people don,t agree with, when they look down their noses at people, when they treat people with complete utter contempt, Criticism is gonna come their way whether they like it or lump it, they are not Immune from Criticism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Critisim can be levelled with some level of respect even if its directed towards individuals who have not shown similar levels of respect. Makin death treats and shouting at the top of ones voice is both stupid and ineffective. It also threatens legitimate protest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I am a frontline public servant. Two of my colleagues died of suicide this year and I have no doubt that the abuse that public srvants have received in the media was a factor in their deaths. I know it affects me greatly.
    This is a very welcome post.
    I understand that people are pissed off with the Government and they want to vent a bit. But there is far too much bile on this site and elsewhere on social media

Only a while ago, someone posted a photograph of a woman, obviously a civil servant in Philip Hogan's department having a drink with him after work, and she was abused on this site being as a tart, amongst other things.
    This bile was completely accepted by others here.

Very unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,927 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dvpower wrote: »
    This is a very welcome post.
    I understand that people are pissed off with the Government and they want to vent a bit. But there is far too much bile on this site and elsewhere on social media

Only a while ago, someone posted a photograph of a woman, obviously a civil servant in Philip Hogan's department having a drink with him after work, and she was abused on this site being as a tart, amongst other things.
    This bile was completely accepted by others here.

Very unfortunate.

Was that the same one he had his arms around in Doha?

Was that the same one he had his arms around in Doha?
    That's the one (he didn't have his arms around her, but feel free to perpetuate the lie).

She is a public servant in his department as far as I'm aware.
    She was slandered most disgracefully. Apparently proximity is now considered to be a crime

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

That's the one (he didn't have his arms around her, but feel free to perpetuate the lie).

She is a public servant in his department as far as I'm aware.
    She was slandered most disgracefully. Apparently proximity is now considered to be a crime

Proximity of hand to arse?..... http://www.joe.ie/uploads/story/31231/Hogan%20pic.jpg
    he didn't have his arms around her, but feel free to perpetuate the lie

Really?

mikom wrote: »
    Proximity of hand to arse?..... http://www.joe.ie/uploads/story/31231/Hogan%20pic.jpg

Really?
    Mikom, have you thought for even one moment how that person might feel about your crass innuendo?

There seems to be a lack of morals around these days, especially in politics.
    The last election proved that.
    How? 'cos your lot lost?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Mikom, have you thought for even one moment how that person might feel about your crass innuendo?

Have you eyes in your head?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Meantime, seems the IMF even see the light. Wonder how Kenny will BS His way out of this one to look after His buddies?:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/imf-warns-coalition-on-high-pay-in-civil-service-3334495.html#disqus_thread

• Advertisement

Hogan really does take the piss with all of these little trips away paid by the tax payer. What is an Environmental Minster doing in Doha? Maybe he would be better off working to pay off the money he owes on his apartment in Portugal.

• Site Banned Posts: 48 goose_gladwell

Am Chile wrote: »
    Since the story broke, some people on Internet threads have commented about a form of bullying put Shane under stress--being blunt and straight to the point shane made unfavourable remarks about carers post budget when a lot of people were angry about the budget--what the fcuk did he expect ? not to receive any Criticism or blowback whatsoever about his remarks ? when someone is the line of work of being a public rep and a politician, when they Implement policies a lot of people don,t agree with, when they look down their noses at people, when they treat people with complete utter contempt, Criticism is gonna come their way whether they like it or lump it, they are not Immune from Criticism.

were at a stage now where a sizeable percentage of the public see its as their inaliable right to use politicans as punchbags

How? 'cos your lot lost?

No I stupidly voted for this lot, FF 2. First and last time. They promised to bring honesty and integrity into politics :rolleyes:

Yes but it's hard to tell if he's lying into her or she's lying into him.
    We're back to the lying thing again.

In fairness it does look they are posing for a camera elsewhere. The photograph on the paper is poor looks like it was taken without their knowledge.

I'm not really concerned what Hogan gets up to his personal life unless its at the countries expense. Sending a large delegation to Doha for some UN (another gravy train) convention when sending one person would have sufficed shows this government is still living in the clouds yet are telling us how much trouble we are in.

were at a stage now where a sizeable percentage of the public see its as their inaliable right to use politicans as punchbags

Well, it's these 'punchbags' that are destroying this country - not just the shower in power now I am referring to. They are getting so well paid, with added perks for their 'efforts'.

I'm not for being hounded by the media, but one should think carefully why one goes into politics, or any public life.

• Site Banned Posts: 48 goose_gladwell

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Well, it's these 'punchbags' that are destroying this country - not just the shower in power now I am referring to. They are getting so well paid, with added perks for their 'efforts'.

I'm not for being hounded by the media, but one should think carefully why one goes into politics, or any public life.

destroying the country in what way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

they got E100 of ye, maybe treble that next time out(if you're lucky). now they are using that database to eye up your childrens allowance. what will be next? the world is their oyster with this new database. a self registered list of compliant people who are open to all kinds of taxes.
    glad im not on it.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/housecharge-database-to-help-tax-child-benefit-3335438.html

Let me see:

Taking €3.1Billion out of the economy, and how the money is being removed from the economy, while they ( the govt) go and rub our faces in the mire by still paying themselves excessively. There are too many wrongs here. One leads by EXAMPLE, this lot are doing anything but! Can we all go off to Doha and have a woman snuggle up to us, when we have no business being there in the first place?

bgrizzley wrote: »
    they got E100 of ye, maybe treble that next time out(if you're lucky). now they are using that database to eye up your childrens allowance. what will be next? the world is their oyster with this new database. a self registered list of compliant people who are open to all kinds of taxes.
    glad im not on it.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/housecharge-database-to-help-tax-child-benefit-3335438.html[/QUOTE]

And certain people criticised me for bandying the word 'dictatorship' around?

Remember noonan's comment only yesterday...if You can afford to pay Sky €1g..........................

I'm not on it either, nor will I be!

• Advertisement

Well just look at who's happy with their performance so far --

1. Bondholders.(getting paid when they shouldn't be)
    2. Bankers.(pensions and pay-off protected)
    3. Speculators (re-employed in NAMA)
    4. Politicians (having their perks etc ring-fenced)

Now who caused all the trouble again?

Well just look at who's happy with their performance so far --

1. Bondholders.(getting paid when they shouldn't be)
    2. Bankers.(pensions and pay-off protected)
    3. Speculators (re-employed in NAMA)
    4. Politicians (having their perks etc ring-fenced)

Now who caused all the trouble again?

The only thing we must NOT forget TL is the lot who got us here in the first place. That ahearn is still walking around without even a hint of a tribunal investigating his 'conduct' under his Taosaich tenure is a sad indictment on this country.

The photo doesn't show his hand on her arse at all, so its a pretty scummy innuendo to make about someone who isn't able to defend herself.

How does targeting this particular woman advance the anti HHC cause exactly, or do you just put it down to collateral damage?

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Hogan really does take the piss with all of these little trips away paid by the tax payer. What is an Environmental Minster doing in Doha? Maybe he would be better off working to pay off the money he owes on his apartment in Portugal.
    Now, let me see. What business would an environment minister have attending a UN climate change conference.....

Now, let me see. What business would an environment minister have attending a UN climate change conference.....

See my post above before responding.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

That's the one (he didn't have his arms around her, but feel free to perpetuate the lie).[/QUOTE]

Great comeback from you once again.

darkhorse wrote: »
    That's the one (he didn't have his arms around her, but feel free to perpetuate the lie).[/QUOTE]

Great comeback from you once again.

DH, I would go further.

I have no idea if hogan is married or not, nor is it any of my business. BUT, He IS a PS, he IS paid by the state -IE US, He is cannoodling up to some woman, and he did allow it to go public ( otherwise surely we would have heard of a writ by now).

For me, it just proves how far removed from normal life these 'so-called' representatives are.

Could they not just appoint an "Environment Troika" to come here and tell us where we're going wrong what to do about it. Seems to be the in-thing :)

Save a lot of money and prevent the travelling perks.
    Don't they even get the budget before we see it?

Could they not just appoint an "Environment Troika" to come here and tell us where we're going wrong what to do about it. Seems to be the in-thing :)

Save a lot of money and prevent the travelling perks.
    Don't they even get the budget before we see it?
    You are a genius Tayto. We can simply have all future international conferences hosted in Ireland.
    Our problems are over. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

It would be 82 percent of households. These days to get signal you either.

1) Have a paid subscription, or
    2) Have saorview, which is just RTE + TV.

I have the latter. I bet the vast majority of people with difficulties on the household charge have the former.

I have the latter, am I ok if I dont pay now?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement