Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

robbie7730 wrote: »
    I have the latter, am I ok if I dont pay now?

Its ok, robbie, I got some help to pay the debt. Just have your details ready.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=tXzUde5DMUo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

dvpower wrote: »
    That's the one (he didn't have his arms around her, but feel free to perpetuate the lie).

She is a public servant in his department as far as I'm aware.
    She was slandered most disgracefully. Apparently proximity is now considered to be a crime

It was hardly professional conduct from two married people (not to each other) on a business trip. Just how cosy are our public servants?
    It would be 82 percent of households. These days to get signal you either.....

Noonan said 82% of households are spending a thousand €'s a year on sky subscriptions,. That would mean that every subscriber would be taking movie a sport packages, which is bullsh*t. Most people have the basic package.
    And to think that some people wanted to picket his private family home a while ago.

He voted for a bill to allow people to enter our homes, to see how much they would take off us.
    Compassion. Shame. This rings very hollow from you who regularly rants in the most vile way about TD's. Do I not recall you describing them as self centred assholes? And that is on the mild side of the stuff you come up with. Not a sick country but some very sick people who resort to this sort of abuse.

You weren't so indignant when DV came out with this
    Originally Posted bySlick50
    If their economic circumstances deteriorate to such an extent, rather than the state forcing the sale, the revenue will be there to collect... under your perceived rules.

And while you continue to insist there would be no forced sale, how desperate an economic situation would be allowed to develope before the state decides it can't wait for payment any longer.

Originally Posted by dvpower
    Death of the homeowner.
    Next up.
    "Darkhorse: What Christine Lagarde whispered in my ear at the Ambassador's ball"
    "It's none of your damn business if "I" don't pay any tax.... pay your damn taxes"?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I would like to wish everyone on this thread, pro and anti, a very Happy Christmas and a great New Year. Enjoyed the banter all year lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I would like to wish everyone on this thread, pro and anti, a very Happy Christmas and a great New Year. Enjoyed the banter all year lads.

You too Tayto.
    Now, pay your damn taxes, ye freeloader. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

I'll just echo that wish. Hope You and Your Loved ones Tayto Lover, have a peaceful time too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭pitkan

Many happy returns to the well wishers.
    We're fighting the good fight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Turkey cooked, ham boiled, Santa has just left the Ghandee household (without a charge) but it looks like Santa forgot to drink the glass of whiskey left out for him.

I'm thinking I should drink it for him (I think it wants me to):D

Anyway, Merry Christmas and a happy new year to each and every one of you on this thread.

Eat, drink and be merry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Best wishes to all on thread, even the taxmanmen/women.

Rob

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

Fairplay to Mr Keegan bringing these gangsters to court.

I would like to see all the non payers get together and contribute there household charge payment to help drag the arrogant and ignorant dictator Mr Hogan to the European courts if needs be to bring justice over the countless laws he has broken!!

No I have not paid any household charge nor will I pay any property tax and will resist them all the way as I already did with stamp duty and I have never signed any paper work when purchasing a property that I will pay a tax on it!

PS: Happy Christmas everyone

I wish a buck was still silver, back when the country was strong---Sorry, wrong forum. Ditto from me, tayto. Merry Christmas everyone, wherever you are.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Happy Christmas one and all!

Before I hit the sack, I would just to post this piece, moreso to the pro-tax people, mainly to give you an insight into where any extra taxes may be going(you know, the charge/tax that the govt. tried to ram down our throat is to be used for local services), it is to help finance and perpetrate illegal activities like this:

Lee Harrington’s Home

Golfer Lee Harrington returned home one day to find himself evicted from his home. Lee was disconcerted to find his normal key not working, but also the electricity and water having been cut off. The odd part about this issue, which from the outside appeared to be a cut and dry eviction, is that Lee Harrington did not owe a single cent to any bank for this home, having made a very healthy living as caddy to Tiger Woods, and having won the Irish Open himself. Lee is currently in contact with his solicitor to deal with the matter.

This says a great deal about how the banks view themselves. They are so unconcerned about the law that they don’t even feel the need to double-check the address they gave to the Sheriff, when they dispatch him to tear families from their homes on a day-to-day basis. This Sheriff then clearly does not feel the need to double-check that the house in question was even purchased using a loan from that bank. They could in theory just hand out any old address, and have the Sheriff sell it! Not only do they break the constitution, wherein Lee Harrington’s home is stated to be inviolable save as to law, but even if that law did not exist, they are breaking and entering as Lee Harrington did not even have a loan arranged with them to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Hope eveyone had a great day and families were happy.

However, you shouldnt have had the money to buy any presents.

Hijpo wrote: »
    Hope eveyone had a great day and families were happy.

However, you shouldnt have had the money to buy any presents.

I had a spare E100 ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Belated Season's Greetings, one and all, hope you had a great Christmas, and a very merry 2013!

Back in work today, someone has to keep the country running ;-)

Here's a message of Christmas Peace from Fine Gael's very own blueshirt bully boy bulldog, Big Phil :pac:

http://www.thejournal.ie/over-1-1-million-have-now-paid-the-household-charge-hogan-731723-Dec2012/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Here's a message of Christmas Peace from Fine Gael's very own blueshirt bully boy bulldog, Big Phil :pac:

http://www.thejournal.ie/over-1-1-million-have-now-paid-the-household-charge-hogan-731723-Dec2012/

im not even going read that tripe because if it contains threats of fines for not paying a charge it will ruin the end of my xmas and if its full of xmas cheer and joy then hes obviously laced it with bull **** (a man like that can never be happy) and that will also ruin the end of my xmas.

So, thanks for the link but ill pass ;)

lol, i see he is still being creative with his figures...

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭pitkan

Howlin is bleating at the teachers from the safety of his bunker, likewise leo darth vader at the church while class act hogan is bullsh...ing with false figures.

The HHC has now shifted focus to July 1st. 2013 when the property tax commences.

Isn't it just convienent that it starts again the day after the presidency of europe ceases for Ireland?

All vested intersets, ie HHC,Carers etc. should make the coming six months a memorable one of continuous protest marches .

Hogan is able to blab away lie after lie on tv yet the fact that this peice of dirt is being dragged to court is kept very quiet. Proof that the media is very one sided trying to keep it hush hush that we are being controlled by a shower of criminals

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Mr CJ wrote: »
    this peice of dirt is being dragged to court

Is this the villa fees?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hogan is able to blab away lie after lie on tv yet the fact that this peice of dirt is being dragged to court is kept very quiet. Proof that the media is very one sided trying to keep it hush hush that we are being controlled by a shower of criminals

Depends on which media is reporting.

Here we have one very recent event, covered by two media organisations.

First up, Independent:
    A JUDGE who fined Senator Fidelma Healy Eames €1,850 for four road traffic offences has described the case as "unprecedented" .

Judge Mary Fahy also commented on a fifth charge of making a false declaration which was withdrawn by the State, describing it as the most serious charge.

"A declaration was made to say the car was off the road but the car was not off the road. However, the State has withdrawn that charge which in my view was the most serious charge," she said.

Ms Healy Eames, of Maree, Oranmore, Co Galway, admitted three charges of driving without tax and one further charge of failure to display a tax disc at Galway District Court yesterday.

The senator, who was not in court, was fined €1,850 in total for driving her Mercedes car without tax for more than six months despite two previous summonses on the matter.

Judge Fahy said she had imposed the hefty fines because Ms Healy Eames had been given "ample opportunity to comply" with the summonses.

The judge said anyone could find themselves in a situation where they fell behind in their car tax but said that in this case the offence was continuous.

"The situation is that this lady continued to drive a Mercedes car while fully employed and in receipt of a good salary from the State and was not paying her car tax," she added.

The charges related to three incidents ranging from March to July of this year where Ms Healy Eames was observed driving without tax. She was stopped by Garda Garrett Cafferkey on the final occasion in July and her car was impounded.

The court heard that March 10 Ms Healy Eames was spotted using a mobile phone while driving her Mercedes in Oranmore, Co Galway.

On that occasion, Garda Cafferkey did not stop Ms Healy Eames but issued a fixed charge penalty which was subsequently paid.

When he checked her car tax on the Garda Pulse system later that morning he discovered it had expired on January 1, 2012, and a summons was issued on the matter.

Contrite

On June 23, Gda Cafferkey observed Ms Healy Eames driving in Seafield, Maree. When he later checked the car on the Pulse system he discovered it was still untaxed. A second summons was issued.

Gda Cafferkey gave evidence that on July 2, at Moneenageisha in Galway city he witnessed Ms Healy Eames driving and checked the tax status of the car on the in-car system.

On discovering that the car remained untaxed he stopped the senator and seized the car.

The court heard that when questioned, Ms Healy Eames told Gda Cafferkey that she had planned to sell the car and it had been off the road.

However, when the garda contacted the Galway Motor Tax office the following day he discovered that arrears owed on the vehicle had only been paid for May.

Arrears were not paid for the outstanding three months of February, March and April until October.

Colman Sherry, defending, said his client was "extremely contrite" but stressed there had been no loss to the State.

In handing down the fines, Judge Fahy said: "Her solicitor says she's remorseful but the court has to take into account that this was continuous."

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/healy-eames-fined-1850-for-driving-car-without-tax-3332300.html

Then we have a report from the Tax payer funded RTE.
    Fine Gael Senator Fidelma Healy Eames has been convicted and fined €1,850 for driving her car without tax.

Galway District Court heard that Senator Healy Eames had been driving her Mercedes car without tax for more than six months when she was stopped in Galway city in July this year.

Judge Mary Fahy said the senator had ample opportunity to tax her car but failed to do so.

Senator Healy Eames was not present in court

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1219/fidelma-healy-eames-court.html

Proof if ever proof were needed that our 'impartial' broadcaster RTE are being told what to report, and what their reports can and cannot contain.

It's like living in Iran.

http://www.thejournal.ie/over-1-1-million-have-now-paid-the-household-charge-hogan-731723-Dec2012/[/QUOTE]

Just on that, am I right in saying that Noonan is FG and Hogan is FG, both of them are ministers in the present government. One of them has been telling us all along that the amount of households that are liable for the charge is 1.6 million, the other one(who, incidently, we are trusting with billions of our euro's, god help us, we are fcuked) tells us the figure liable is 1.9 million. Does anyone in government know what this figure should be.

darkhorse wrote: »

http://www.thejournal.ie/over-1-1-million-have-now-paid-the-household-charge-hogan-731723-Dec2012/[/QUOTE]

Just on that, am I right in saying that Noonan is FG and Hogan is FG, both of them are ministers in the present government. One of them has been telling us all along that the amount of households that are liable for the charge is 1.6 million, the other one(who, incidently, we are trusting with billions of our euro's, god help us, we are fcuked) tells us the figure liable is 1.9 million. Does anyone in government know what this figure should be.

You know what they say liars have to have a good memory so I hope hogan is taking down records of all his lies.

Their is just under 2 million housing units in the state

Here is the real break down http://nohouseholdtax.org/the-real-figures-for-registration-majority-still-boycotting/

This is why we are constantly listening to lies... does anyone else notice hogans nose getting bigger??

Going by this I would be almost certain they are over exagerating the actual figures registered

Ghandee wrote: »
    Depends on which media is reporting.

Here we have one very recent event, covered by two media organisations.

First up, Independent:

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/courts/healy-eames-fined-1850-for-driving-car-without-tax-3332300.html

Then we have a report from the Tax payer funded RTE.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1219/fidelma-healy-eames-court.html

Proof if ever proof were needed that our 'impartial' broadcaster RTE are being told what to report, and what their reports can and cannot contain.

It's like living in Iran.

I am surprised RTE mentioned this http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1220/high-court-challenge-to-household-charge-begins.html

i expect if he has any success it will be kept fairly low key and if he loses RTE WILL SHOUT IT FROM THE ROOFTOPS. THIS COULD HAPPEN TO YOU!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

I am surprised RTE mentioned this http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1220/high-court-challenge-to-household-charge-begins.html[/QUOTE]

I notice they are not providing a facility for comments - wonder why?:cool:

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    I am surprised RTE mentioned this http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1220/high-court-challenge-to-household-charge-begins.html[/QUOTE]

I notice they are not providing a facility for comments - wonder why?:cool:

Maybe in case too many comments might contain the truth about the state of the country.

Maybe, just maybe, they are not being told what to report, as Ghandee implied.

*Edit: Wonder when the High Court will rule on this? Can't wait to see this challenge fail epically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Maybe, just maybe, they are not being told what to report, as Ghandee implied.

*Edit: Wonder when the High Court will rule on this? Can't wait to see this challenge fail epically.

I hope it does fail.
    Now if it was a man protesting about a tax being dreamed up to attack his home (the only home he has) then he would have my strongest support.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement