Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

I hope it does fail.
    Now if it was a man protesting about a tax being dreamed up to attack his home (the only home he has) then he would have my strongest support.

Lads who's side are you on??

Tayto I did not think you would be in support of hogan & noonan getting away with crime. I am delighted to see someone taking these fckers to court and it might wipe their arrogant smiles of their faces.

If you managed to see the summons served you will see the large amount of laws they are in breach of, if he did win the household charge as we know it, it could be scrapped and people's 100euro will be returned so why would you not want this??

If your wish comes true and if he did loose it will be a blow to trying to fight the household charge and will allow our corrupt government to continue on with their dictatorship breaking laws left right, centre & ignoring the people of Ireland.

So I hope to god he wins and wish him the very best of luck, we need more people like this with big balls... let justice be served for once!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Mr CJ wrote: »
    So I hope to god he wins and wish him the very best of luck, we need more people like this with big balls... let justice be served for once!!
    Big balls but miniscule brains.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

The last 2 pages of this pages of this thread are absolutely hilarious :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

dvpower wrote: »
    Big balls but miniscule brains.

Your surname must be hogan or kenny is it? or you must be very close pals to one

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Lads who's side are you on??

Tayto I did not think you would be in support of hogan & noonan getting away with crime. I am delighted to see someone taking these fckers to court and it might wipe their arrogant smiles of their faces.

If you managed to see the summons served you will see the large amount of laws they are in breach of, if he did win the household charge as we know it, it could be scrapped and people's 100euro will be returned so why would you not want this??

If your wish comes true and if he did loose it will be a blow to trying to fight the household charge and will allow our corrupt government to continue on with their dictatorship breaking laws left right, centre & ignoring the people of Ireland.

To a point I would agree but the test case should have been taken by someone who has only one house, his home. I think CAWTH fell down on this tbh. Had they taken a case on behalf of a one house person then everyone would have supported it on the NO side, now we have a landlord taking it which will only muddy the waters.
    If he does lose will he just increase his rents anyway?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

To a point I would agree but the test case should have been taken by someone who has only one house, his home. I think CAWTH fell down on this tbh. Had they taken a case on behalf of a one house person then everyone would have supported it on the NO side, now we have a landlord taking it which will only muddy the waters.
    If he does lose will he just increase his rents anyway?
    I don't think the CAHWT are involved in this case at all. Even they wouldn't back this loser.

The case has had the effect of delaying other pending prosecutions, so it could be seen as a minor, albeit temporary, victory.

dvpower wrote: »
    I don't think the CAHWT are involved in this case at all. Even they wouldn't back this loser.

The case has had the effect of delaying other pending prosecutions, so it could be seen as a minor, albeit temporary, victory.

Yes i know that. My point was that CAHWT should have taken a test case on behalf of a single property (home) owner and not be relying on this guy who owns multiple properties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Well lads, with just over three hours left of 2012, the HHC will be obsolete from midnight too.

Well done to all the folk who refused to register, and be charged in the process for setting up a database on behalf of a corrupt govt, which would then be used to later screw the home owner.

I think at just over a 50% compliance rate (regardless of what Hogan tries to spin) it would be fair to say that this sham was as far removed from a success for the govt as they could ever hoped to have achieved.

Its now time for all to pat yourself on the back, pour yourself a nice alcoholic beverage and congratulate yourself on a job well done!

Happy new year folks btw! :pac:

Ireland's Presidency of the E.U. will be about "Stability, Jobs and Growth", Enda Kenny 31.12.2012.

Does that mean that the Lisbon Treaty is defunct?

And they all sailed away in a beautiful pea-green boat to Fairyland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

Ireland's Presidency of the E.U. will be about "Stability, Jobs and Growth", Enda Kenny 31.12.2012.

Does that mean that the Lisbon Treaty is defunct?

And they all sailed away in a beautiful pea-green boat to Fairyland.

Kenny the liar spouting more bull**** lies again....what a load of effing bull**** spin we have to listen to day in day out....f off kenny...f off rte..f off labour...f off fine gael...f off the revenue....I WILL HUNGER STRIKE LIKE MY FELLOW CORK MEN TOMAS McCurtain and Terence McCsweeney did before me....they may come to my front door to threaten me, and if they do ......SOME UNLUCKY PUBLIC SERVICE BISTARD WILL PAY THE ULTIMATE PRICE ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    I am surprised RTE mentioned this http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/1220/high-court-challenge-to-household-charge-begins.html[/QUOTE]

I notice they are not providing a facility for comments - wonder why?:cool:

Link not about high court challenge

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

Death and Taxes. They will take it off your children when you die.They cant get their name on the house if you are in debt.These guys will screw us all for this money in this life or the next.

It would be better if they cut their wages next budget instead of torturing us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

An article in yesterdays Irish Independent reveals debt levels of up to €550 is owed to councils nationwide--but also puts things in perspective a bit.

A
    LITANY of cost-overruns and failure to collect outstanding debts has left local
    authorities with an almost €550m hole in their budgets.

The Irish
    Independent
    can reveal that
    our city and county councils are owed millions in unpaid water charges, rates,
    development levies and housing loans, with collection rates as low as
    32pc in some counties.

And
    it means that households face the prospect of paying higher
    charges

The
    appalling state of their finances comes as households prepare to begin paying
    €500m a year in property tax
    to fund local services.

Had
    councils collected the money owed to them, a full year's tax could be
    avoided

Some
    €547m is owed by businesses, households and property developers.
    This
    includes €165m in rates, with the largest amount in Dublin City, which is owed €74m.

Another €20.5m is owed in unpaid housing loans, and €76.4m in unpaid water charges.

Some €269m is owed in development
    levies, bringing the total owed across all sectors to €530.9m
    – the equivalent of more than a full year's property tax tak

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/councils-facing-550m-budget-black-hole-as-debts-left-unpaid-3339924.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Ghandee wrote: »
    Well lads, with just over three hours left of 2012, the HHC will be obsolete from midnight too.

Well done to all the folk who refused to register, and be charged in the process for setting up a database on behalf of a corrupt govt, which would then be used to later screw the home owner.

I think at just over a 50% compliance rate (regardless of what Hogan tries to spin) it would be fair to say that this sham was as far removed from a success for the govt as they could ever hoped to have achieved.

Its now time for all to pat yourself on the back, pour yourself a nice alcoholic beverage and congratulate yourself on a job well done!

Happy new year to all non payers--for year one non payment of the flat rate property tax was higher then year one regarding non payment of the poll tax is the uk--Most of the 700.000 that boycotted the flat rate property tax last year, never attended any public meetings, never attended any local protests or national protests--while it was all good just passively boycotting staying at home,if people are serious about getting it overturned--I say to people here who passively boycotted the flat rate property tax, in this new year there will be many public meetings on the value based property tax by Sinn fein, and the anti property tax campaign, do your best to attend as many public meetings as possbile, any ideas you have put them forward at these public meetings, and try to attend any local and national protests this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

:confused:

Are you saying that if you didnt pay the HHC in 2012 that you are now no longer liable for it?

This surely isnt what you are suggesting Ghandee, as we all know that those that didnt pay it in 2012 are now in the hole for €130 and are still liable for it, the chiming of the midnight bell on the 31st had no affect on the HHC whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Am Chile wrote: »
    An article in yesterdays Irish Independent reveals debt levels of up to €550 is owed to councils nationwide--but also puts things in perspective a bit.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/councils-facing-550m-budget-black-hole-as-debts-left-unpaid-3339924.html

All the more reason to pay your taxes, Am Chile

donalg1 wrote: »
    :confused:

Are you saying that if you didnt pay the HHC in 2012 that you are now no longer liable for it?

No.
    That's not what I'm saying.

This surely isnt what you are suggesting Ghandee, as we all know that those that didnt pay it in 2012 are now in the hole for €130 and are still liable for it, the chiming of the midnight bell on the 31st had no affect on the HHC whatsoever.

Almost half of the Irish homeowners who were supposed to register or pay the €100 didn't Donal, my post stated that the hhc was not a success for the govt. How could you misinterpret that to mean anything else?

Besides, liable/not liable, with a near 50% refusal to cooperate, it'll take a lot of work to enforce the unenforceable no matter if its revenue/lgma/govt collecting it.

I've said previously on this site, if your details aren't on the register, you've a dam good head start on your neighbour who did register/pay.

Any successful prosecutions yet?
    Any wages been deducted by force?
    Any bank accounts been raided?
    Any street lights turned off?

No.

Try as they might, they can't do it Donal, proofs in the pudding.

No.
    That's not what I'm saying.

Almost half of the Irish homeowners who were supposed to register or pay the €100 didn't Donal, my post stated that the hhc was not a success for the govt. How could you misinterpret that to mean anything else?

Because you said the HHC was to be obsolete from midnight, which it isnt as it is still there and the fines are still increasing for those that havent paid. I am sure it will be collected in line with the LPT when the time comes.

Besides, liable/not liable, with a near 50% refusal to cooperate, it'll take a lot of work to enforce the unenforceable no matter if its revenue/lgma/govt collecting it.

I've said previously on this site, if your details aren't on the register, you've a dam good head start on your neighbour who did register/pay.

Any successful prosecutions yet?
    Any wages been deducted by force?
    Any bank accounts been raided?
    Any street lights turned off?

No.

Try as they might, they can't do it Donal, proofs in the pudding.

As above the HHC will be collected eventually including the late payment penalties.

Because you said the HHC was to be obsolete from midnight, which it isnt as it is still there and the fines are still increasing for those that havent paid. I am sure it will be collected in line with the LPT when the time comes.

As above the HHC will be collected eventually including the late payment penalties.
    The household charge will cease from January 2013

Obsolete/cease. http://www.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=obsolete

http://www.irishexaminer.com/budget/breaking/household-charge-to-cease-from-january-576768.html

Yes cease for those that have paid it, those that havent paid it are still liable for it which you already know, and they will continue to be liable for it until they pay it.

So its not obsolete for the ones that are trying to avoid it when they are no longer liable for it then it will be obsolete.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Grass between the tracks

I paid mine there before Xmas. Don't want the revenue spooks trawling my affairs. €129 was a small price to pay for peace of mind.

I paid mine there before Xmas. Don't want the revenue spooks trawling my affairs. €129 was a small price to pay for peace of mind.

So, you paid a tax, to make sure revenue didn't find something untoward's in your affairs:confused:

Do you have something to hide?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Grass between the tracks

Many self employed people prefer to keep revenue on the back foot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

nice move, so now with your details they can stick you for water rates AND property tax, and when the council get to set the rates you will have no choice or power to fight against whatever amount of money THEY decide to take, not how much you can afford to give.

Hijpo wrote: »
    nice move, so now with your details they can stick you for water rates AND property tax, and when the council get to set the rates you will have no choice or power to fight against whatever amount of money THEY decide to take, not how much you can afford to give.

Water rates and LPT which he was going to have to pay anyway you mean. It was a nice move as he has saved himself some money already, would have been far better had he paid on time as he would have saved himself €29

Smart move.

As a self employed person, you'll enjoy all the help the govt will offer you if your business fails/gets into difficulties etc.

I believe they get duly thanked at times like that for their revenue contributions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Speak for yourself, i have nothing to hide, revenue are welcome to audit me anytime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Water rates and LPT which he was going to have to pay anyway you mean. It was a nice move as he has saved himself some money already, would have been far better had he paid on time as he would have saved himself €29

All subject to whether people comply or not, he did, so its a definite for him and you.

Saved himself €29 this year, signed a blank cheque to the government every year, for ever more.

Any fourballs lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

i have not shelled out, fro two reasons, the first i am against it, the second my humble abode requires a new roof, as it is on it roughly 112 years, i am trying to put the funds togeather to do this, with all the cuts coming into effect i doubt if i will ever afford it.

• Advertisement

Hijpo wrote: »
    All subject to whether people comply or not, he did, so its a definite for him and you.

Saved himself €29 this year, signed a blank cheque to the government every year, for ever more.

Any fourballs lately?

The relevance of this to the HHC is what exactly? Or do you always have to insist on dragging things off topic, I believe there have been warnings about this by the Mods before, and I also believe there is a thread for this in the golf forum so maybe that would be the best place to discuss this.

Or do you prefer to do your trolling here?

Are you the type of lad that insists on joining other peoples three balls or two balls because you have no one else to play with, despite the fact that they have no desire to spend their one free day a week playing golf with some lad they dont know or dont ever want to know?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement