Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

donalg1 wrote: »
    The relevance of this to the HHC is what exactly? Or do you always have to insist on dragging things off topic, I believe there have been warnings about this by the Mods before, and I also believe there is a thread for this in the golf forum so maybe that would be the best place to discuss this.

Or do you prefer to do your trolling here?

You'll notice my reply, aside from 3 words, was completely on topic. I was curious and a yes/no answer would have been sufficient.
    Are you the type of lad that insists on joining other peoples three balls or two balls because you have no one else to play with, despite the fact that they have no desire to spend their one free day a week playing golf with some lad they dont know or dont ever want to know?

However, Im sure mods would appreciate it if long winded off topic posts be kept to the relevant forums. Perhaps "there is a thread for this in the golf forum so maybe that would be the best place to discuss this" hmm??

So has our government decided how many houses are liable yet?

How many more services are they planning on distancing themselves from yet charge us for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Hijpo wrote: »
    You'll notice my reply, aside from 3 words, was completely on topic. I was curious and a yes/no answer would have been sufficient.

However, Im sure mods would appreciate it if long winded off topic posts be kept to the relevant forums. Perhaps "there is a thread for this in the golf forum so maybe that would be the best place to discuss this" hmm??

So has our government decided how many houses are liable yet?

How many more services are they planning on distancing themselves from yet charge us for?

Why is it you insist on mentioning golf almost everytime you reply to me, you want to bring it off topic it seems (or at least that is all I can assume).

So you do grasp that the relevant place to discuss golf would be the golf forum then do you? Is it safe to assume that you will therefore leave the golf talk out of the HHC thread from now on? Or is that asking too much?

Yes and No answers will be sufficient, theres a good fella.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Are you the type of lad that insists on joining other peoples three balls or two balls because you have no one else to play with,

Sex and sexuality forum >>>

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

nice move, so now with your details they can stick you for water rates AND property tax, and when the council get to set the rates you will have no choice or power to fight against whatever amount of money THEY decide to take, not how much you can afford to give.

Before they try to charge people for water-the water meter installation is due to begin in the summer, before any water notices are sent out to people, The battle next summer should be to stop Water Meters being installed. Resistance needs to be at a local level, estates of local people working together to prevent access to the installers-whos in and whos out next summer ?

Am Chile wrote: »
    Before they try to charge people for water-the water meter installation is due to begin in the summer, before any water notices are sent out to people, The battle next summer should be to stop Water Meters being installed. Resistance needs to be at a local level, estates of local people working together to prevent access to the installers-whos in and whos out next summer ?

Thats all good and well stopping people from installing meters to your house but what happens when they cut your water off as a result? What then?

• Advertisement

Thats all good and well stopping people from installing meters to your house but what happens when they cut your water off as a result? What then?

It will be switched back on by volenteers like it was during the last anti water rates campaign.

It will be switched back on by volenteers like it was during the last anti water rates campaign.

Illegally of course sounds like a wonderful plan

when injustice becomes law resistance becomes a duty.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I thought they were being installed at the stop cock?

They're not allowed to cut anyone off afaik.

• Advertisement

Yes i know that. My point was that CAHWT should have taken a test case on behalf of a single property (home) owner and not be relying on this guy who owns multiple properties.
    The CAHWT cannot afford to take such a case. While they say they will offer legal advice to anyone taken to court, that's as far as it goes - offering advice only.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Mr CJ wrote: »
    Crank litigants are usually only mentioned in passing. When someone takes a case as a lay litigant naming Tom, Dick and Harry as defendants and shouting the odds about human rights and the Constitution, it's only going to end one way.

Why is it you insist on mentioning golf almost everytime you reply to me, you want to bring it off topic it seems (or at least that is all I can assume).

So you do grasp that the relevant place to discuss golf would be the golf forum then do you? Is it safe to assume that you will therefore leave the golf talk out of the HHC thread from now on? Or is that asking too much?

Yes and No answers will be sufficient, theres a good fella.

Again with the entire off topic golf post?
    :rolleyes:

Was is not against the law last time?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 122 ✭✭Grass between the tracks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Isn't this the way the anti-HHC believe that it will all end ?

Robbo wrote: »
    Crank litigants are usually only mentioned in passing. When someone takes a case as a lay litigant naming Tom, Dick and Harry as defendants and shouting the odds about human rights and the Constitution, it's only going to end one way.

If Mark McCrystal had of taken that attitude......

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Ghandee wrote: »

If Mark McCrystal had of taken that attitude......
    I raise you Isaac Wunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    Kenny the liar spouting more bull**** lies again....what a load of effing bull**** spin we have to listen to day in day out....f off kenny...f off rte..f off labour...f off fine gael...f off the revenue....I WILL HUNGER STRIKE LIKE MY FELLOW CORK MEN TOMAS McCurtain and Terence McCsweeney did before me....they may come to my front door to threaten me, and if they do ......SOME UNLUCKY PUBLIC SERVICE BISTARD WILL PAY THE ULTIMATE PRICE ....

Did nobody think to thank this post?
    Happy new year to all non payers--for year one non payment of the flat rate property tax was higher then year one regarding non payment of the poll tax is the uk--Most of the 700.000 that boycotted the flat rate property tax last year, never attended any public meetings, never attended any local protests or national protests--while it was all good just passively boycotting staying at home,if people are serious about getting it overturned--I say to people here who passively boycotted the flat rate property tax, in this new year there will be many public meetings on the value based property tax by Sinn fein, and the anti property tax campaign, do your best to attend as many public meetings as possbile, any ideas you have put them forward at these public meetings, and try to attend any local and national protests this year.

It hasn't gone away y'know.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Vizzy wrote: »
    Isn't this the way the anti-HHC believe that it will all end ?

I'd believe the bit about Gilmour buying the carpet though :D

• Advertisement

Robbo wrote: »
    I raise you Isaac Wunder.

I don't know enough about Mr Keegan's background.

It will make for an interesting court case, I don't see how you could claim an 'Issac
    Wunder' without first knowing anything about the man.

I know a lot of folk dismissed McCrystal before his day in court.

I'd believe the bit about Gilmour buying the carpet though :D

Was it red?

(to make his grand exit)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Was it red?

(to make his grand exit)

One of them might have been, probably the one with the hole in the middle.

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2012/10/22/government-send-traveller-carpet-salesman-to-renegotiate-bail-out-deal/

I don't know enough about Mr Keegan's background.

It will make for an interesting court case, I don't see how you could claim an 'Issac
    Wunder' without first knowing anything about the man.

I know a lot of folk dismissed McCrystal before his day in court.
    The key difference being McCrystal was not a lay litigant.

Again with the entire off topic golf post?
    :rolleyes:

Yes and I see you failed to answer my questions, Hijpo I am only following your lead by discussing golf here you seem to think its the place to do it, I have pointed out to you a thousand times before that its not really the place, you cant seem to grasp this concept for some reason only known to yourself I imagine. ;)

Its ok though if you keep trying I am sure you will understand some day.

Now I will ask again. Why do you insist on talking about golf here? Do you realise that this is not the place for discussing golf? Do you think you will be able to keep your posts on topic from now on?

Again yes or no will do. (I wont hold my breath though)
    Was is not against the law last time?

Whats your point, are you saying because a law was broken once its ok to break it again?

Love the way all the anti side lads think its ok to consistently break the law, I mean there is Am Chile in one post telling people to break the law and in the very next one telling them to break a different a law, two post two illegal activities recommended, and you wonder why people dont listen to the anti side.:rolleyes:

Yes and I see you failed to answer my questions, Hijpo I am only following your lead by discussing golf here you seem to think its the place to do it, I have pointed out to you a thousand times before that its not really the place, you cant seem to grasp this concept for some reason only known to yourself I imagine. ;)

Its ok though if you keep trying I am sure you will understand some day.

Now I will ask again. Why do you insist on talking about golf here? Do you realise that this is not the place for discussing golf? Do you think you will be able to keep your posts on topic from now on?

Again yes or no will do. (I wont hold my breath though)

lol still with the golf :rolleyes:

FOUR!!!!
    Whats your point, are you saying because a law was broken once its ok to break it again?

Love the way all the anti side lads think its ok to consistently break the law, I mean there is Am Chile in one post telling people to break the law and in the very next one telling them to break a different a law, two post two illegal activities recommended, and you wonder why people dont listen to the anti side.:rolleyes:

My point is that it was against the law before, they did the moral thing for there fellow citizens. Just because you say "Oh but thats against the law" doesnt mean there are suddenly going to say "jaysus it is, better not touch it so"

Its amazing how the pro side just fall into line, at this rate anything could be passed into law and it would be accepted just because "its the law". What if they passed a law that said "To curb the increase in population and reduce the cost of childrens allowance and healthcare for kids on the state, couples are only allowed have 1 child and when males get to the age of 30 they must be castrated. However politicians and anyone earning over 100k are exempt from this law, aswell as any foreign national who is still entitled to claim full childrens allowance even for children not born in or living in this country, who only exist on paper that can be easily forged, its the law" id say youd be first in the queue with your own scissors and a smile.

Its amazing how the pro side just fall into line, at this rate anything could be passed into law and it would be accepted just because "its the law". What if they passed a law that said "To curb the increase in population and reduce the cost of childrens allowance and healthcare for kids on the state, couples are only allowed have 1 child and when males get to the age of 30 they must be castrated. However politicians and anyone earning over 100k are exempt from this law, aswell as any foreign national who is still entitled to claim full childrens allowance even for children not born in or living in this country, who only exist on paper that can be easily forged, its the law" id say youd be first in the cue with your own scissors and a smile.

What you have to remember is, that a lot of the folk advocating payment of the hhc/pt on these threads are in the PS/CS, Hijpo.

If the money isn't there, they might have to suffer salary cuts in line with the mortals in the private sector, increments might have to be froze, the sky might fall down:eek: etc etc etc.

It'd be like me telling my customers not to buy from me/my company.
    Without that b stream of revenue, my income might well take another hit too.

Its the law?

Our politicians don't do everything by the book either less we forget. ;)

lol still with the golf :rolleyes:

FOUR!!!!

My point is that it was against the law before, they did the moral thing for there fellow citizens. Just because you say "Oh but thats against the law" doesnt mean there are suddenly going to say "jaysus it is, better not touch it so"

Its amazing how the pro side just fall into line, at this rate anything could be passed into law and it would be accepted just because "its the law". What if they passed a law that said "To curb the increase in population and reduce the cost of childrens allowance and healthcare for kids on the state, couples are only allowed have 1 child and when males get to the age of 30 they must be castrated. However politicians and anyone earning over 100k are exempt from this law, aswell as any foreign national who is still entitled to claim full childrens allowance even for children not born in or living in this country, who only exist on paper that can be easily forged, its the law" id say youd be first in the cue with your own scissors and a smile.

No no Hijpo you brought up the golf I want to know why you insist on doing so continuously, I am still waiting on the answer to this and my numerous other questions. If you dont know why you do it then you just have to say so and remember not to do it again.

Your example of a law above is frankly too ridiculous to even respond to, castrating people now good lord what a silly statement. :rolleyes:

There is a fair jump between telling someone that they have to pay for a service they receive (water to their tap) and castrating someone because they turned 30. Where do you come up with this!! Comedy Gold there, rofl.

What you have to remember is, that a lot of the folk advocating payment of the hhc/pt on these threads are in the PS/CS, Hijpo.

If the money isn't there, they might have to suffer salary cuts in line with the mortals in the private sector, increments might have to be froze, the sky might fall down:eek: etc etc etc.

It'd be like me telling my customers not to buy from me/my company.
    Without that b stream of revenue, my income might well take another hit too.

Its the law?

Our politicians don't do everything by the book either less we forget. ;)

And what Hijpo also has to remember is that some of those advocating non payment of the HHC and evading taxes arent liable for said taxes themselves, making it very easy for them to advise others to break the law. ;)

And the PS will be taking another pay cut or two regardless of whether or not the HHC or Property Tax or Water Charges are collected in full. Paycuts in that sector are inescapable once the CPA is up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,576 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Why are councils still chasing people for the money when it will be handled by revenue anyway? Waste of time wouldnt you think - if one was going to pay, they would have done so by now. I smell something...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement