Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

pitkan wrote: »
    I feel I'm paying enough.
    The Council privatised the refuse collection years ago.
    The Public Service is rife with people who think, regardless of previous performances, that they are entitled to 100,000 euro tax free golden handshakes and a ring fenced index linked pension.

Unfortunately feelings are irrelevant in this instance you dont go to a shop and pick up a carton of milk with a price of €1 and say I feel that 60cent would be a better price and hand that to the cashier and leave.

And unfortunately the sense of entitlement throughout Ireland is a disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Ghandee wrote: »
    Just to appease Donal.

Don't register!

Happy?

You dont have to appease me Ghandee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

donalg1 wrote: »
    Unfortunately feelings are irrelevant in this instance you dont go to a shop and pick up a carton of milk with a price of €1 and say I feel that 60cent would be a better price and hand that to the cashier and leave.

The council can set their own rates in a few years Donal.

Whats a man to do when they put it up to whatever they feel like, and he feels the service ain't up to scratch?

Not as plain sailing as your milk example then is it?

For example, I can buy apples in Tesco for €2, but they're never that fresh, and always bitter.

Aldi do the same apples, these are always fresh and sweet, but cost a euro.

I've a choice who deserves my cash, and if their service is up to scratch.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Whats a man to do when they put it up to whatever they feel like, and he feels the service ain't up to scratch?

Vote for someone else next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Based on the candidates pre election promises... oh wait a minister has already come on TV and said that they practicly mean **** because these campaigns are just something you do to get into a position of power and your not actually accountable for the promises you make to the people voting for you.

I like the way you say instead of paying 80% people now have to pay 100%, well if everyone paid 80% for the public services that everyone avails of then the liable households wouldnt need to pay the 100%.
    To use your milk analogy, you pay €1 so the guy behind you in the queue gets it for free instead of you paying 70c and him paying 30c.

• Advertisement

/clap's slowly.

Nice answer Vlad.

Which council will be running in the next election?

FG and labour haven't fulfilled any of their pre election promises remember.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

donalg1 wrote: »

Ay especially from the government.;)

Like that really works. Are you guys for real?:rolleyes:

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    Like that really works. Are you guys for real?:rolleyes:

This is the ' Modus operandi ' of the usual suspects on this thread.

If they don't have a valid answer, they give deflected, smart arsed ones instead.

Must be a requirement on the PS/CS app forms?

I wonder if they actually believe this? Its a serious question do people actually believe voting FG or FF or Labour actually makes a difference in how this country is run? I suggest they watch Yes Prime Minister and educate themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Lol @ vote for someone else the next time.
    this isnt the Nice/Lisbon referendum you know!!!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Who'd have thought that the idea of replacing a government you're unhappy with would be so controversial?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Who'd have thought that the idea of replacing a government you're unhappy with would be so controversial?
    It shouldn't be... but is when there are no consequences for screwing up your own election manifesto and binning it, once it has achieved it's purpose of getting you elected.

The last bunch were turfed out... only to be replaced with a new shower of lying c*nts.

But you don't replace a government you replace people like Enda Kenny with people like Michael Martin....but the real government... the Civil Service are never elected. And when these civil servents cock up there is no accountability just jobs in Europe waiting for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Only when you get their twin sister instead.

This is the ' Modus operandi ' of the usual suspects on this thread.

If they don't have a valid answer, they give deflected, smart arsed ones instead.

Must be a requirement on the PS/CS app forms?

I'm sure they all speak with the same accent too LOL.

Slick50 wrote: »
    The last bunch were turfed out... only to be replaced with a new shower of lying c*nts.

And you can turf this shower out three years from now.
    But you don't replace a government you replace people like Enda Kenny with people like Michael Martin....but the real government... the Civil Service are never elected. And when these civil servents cock up there is no accountability just jobs in Europe waiting for them.

It's a democracy. We can vote in whoever we want. If enough people voted for a party that advocated firing all the civil service, you'd get that.

And you can turf this shower out three years from now.
    And what good will that achieve when the next bunch only have to lie through their teeth untill they are in... then do whatever they feel like, with no consequence?
    It's a democracy. We can vote in whoever we want. If enough people voted for a party that advocated firing all the civil service, you'd get that.
    Probably not.... it would be a lie.

I love your optimism. Like that will ever happen.

And what good will that achieve when the next bunch only have to lie through their teeth untill they are in... then do whatever they feel like, with no consequence?

Well there are consequences. They're kicked out of government and possibly lose their seat.

What are you saying here? That there is not one single person in the country that can be trusted in government?

• Advertisement

Well there are consequences. They're kicked out of government and possibly lose their seat.
    That's too late, they've feathered their nest for the future by then, and payed no direct penalty for breaking their promises to the electorate.
    What are you saying here? That there is not one single person in the country that can be trusted in government?
    You'll have to forgive my cynicism. But from what I have seen, anyone who tries to stand by their election promises, or calls foul gets steamrolled over or booted out.

Like Colm Keaveney?

Not sure, ask Colm Keaveney

There you go, we've got one name to start with. There's got to be a few more.

There you go, we've got one name to start with. There's got to be a few more.

You're getting it the wrong way round Vlad.

Colm Keaveney got booted out for trying to keep his pre election promises.

FYI. I'm not the only one who lacks confidence in our politicians...
    Any politician who told it like it is wouldn't get elected in the first place - you end up with the politicians you deserve.
    K-9 wrote:
    Yep, if anybody has listened to Enda questioned on it they'd have known he was evading the question, passing it onto the Councils.

Politician lying shocker. Voters in shock about politicians lying shocker!
    You're right, its all the idiotic ordinary Irish peoples fault for actually having the gaul to expect an honest person to go into Irish politics.
    Aaahhhh sure ye know how it tis, wink wink, nudge nudge.
    Sure making promises at election time is "just what you do"

He didn't get booted out by the voters though did he?

If enough people like Keaveney's stance, they should re-elect him and try and put more people who share his views into the Dail, no?

How can the whip system be considered democratic? Your told to vote the party line or your booted out.

FYI. I'm not the only one who lacks confidence in our politicians...

Of course you're not. What I'm saying is that anyone can be a politician. Don't like the current batch, vote them out and find some others. Or stand yourself.

How can the whip system be considered democratic? Your told to vote the party line or your booted out.

Well you could argue that someone who votes for a member of a party would expect them to tow the party line.

If you want an elected representative that doesn't have to adhere to a whip, then vote for an independent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

Those on social welfare have little to fear.

no exceptions, the disabled and the carers have to cough up as well, where the fcuk do they expect them to get it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement