Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Any news on the bicycle tax yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

I wouldn't fall for those scam merchants. Nor would I listen to scam merchants here telling me I am above the law because I own private property.

Lol you wouldnt fall for a scammers spiel, is he for real of what lads?

So are you going to answer my questions? Or is these more details they havent thought through and will make up as they go along?

Hijpo wrote: »

Lol you wouldnt fall for a scammers spiel, is he for real of what lads?

So are you going to answer my questions? Or is these more details they havent thought through and will make up as they go along?

Just saw the british cutting the childrens allowance if one parent is earning over 60k, leaving assitance where assistance is needed most instead of the way our shower of out of touch fakes do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

I wouldn't fall for those scam merchants. Nor would I listen to scam merchants here telling me I am above the law because I own private property.

Dear Mr DXhound,

Blessings on you, i need you to register your name and adddress on my website so that i can charge you a tax on your property for services that you already pay for privately and thorough your income tax. i only want E100 this year , but next year it will be more. be assured that the tax will always rise and i dont care if you cant afford to pay. please be aware that if you dont pay, i will send people to your door to collect it. if you dont like it vote against me next time.Western Union prefered.

regards
    Ofino Gaelo, Lagos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Aquarius34

Why are people still defending this argument?

If don't you want to pay it, don't pay it. If you do, go ahead, I'll get a laugh out of it. You have to be be f****king stupid to pay this sort of tax. I don't believe in paying tax. Tax is blood money. It feeds the rich and that's what is always used for. Call me a rebel, please. But I refuse to be this slave who sits on a world to pay the rich tax just so I can actually live. Now we have to pay tax to the house we own and the water they poison? I don't even drink tap water. The only reason they are taxing everything they can possibly think of is because we are too stupid to say no. This whole argument is just futile.

Will you people f****king wake up!

What's wrong with saying no?
    Someone replied to me on this thread, and said do I break anymore rules in response. Yes I do. I am not born onto this planet to abide by rules made by man. I am responsible for myself. I have morals and a brain between my two ears. No one dictates my life or tells me what to do with it. The biggest criminals on this planet are the law makers. It's time people realise that.

If someone comes to your door and wants’ money, he's a beggar
    If a taxman comes to your door and wants money he's the devil dressed in a suit who's a beggar.

SLAM THE DOOR shut. If everyone on this thread, practiced to slam door's on these issues, there would be no issues. The taxman can't send everyone to prison. How will he fund a prison for everyone if no one pay's their taxes and are all sent to jail? The taxman need’s gullible people that's why. We certainly have plenty of those on this planet.

Have a nice day and please do enjoy your flight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

You blabber on about why we should pay the tax and the rath incurred for not paying, yet you dont want to tell us anything about it. I want to know for future reference, so ill know what to expect, so i can plan ahead. Surely you dont leap blindly into situations without prior knowledge of terms and conditions? Id say the fraudsters have a field day with you. Let me guess, your payig the tax because you have no financial problems especially not now that an african king is sendin you 1,000,000,000 euro ;-)

To plan ahead you do need to know what you are up against. So you need to read this.

http://www.oireachtas.ie/documents/bills28/bills/2012/10812/b10812d.pdf

Be prepared for the long haul.

123.—Any local property tax, interest referred to in section 149 or
    other monetary penalty amount which is due and unpaid by a liable
    person shall be and remain a charge on the relevant residential property
    to which it relates.

124.—Notwithstanding section 36 of the Statute of Limitations
    1957, the charge referred to in section 123 shall continue to apply
    without a time limit until such time as it is paid in full.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Are you worried your increments won't be paid?

To plan ahead you do need to know what you are up against. So you need to read this.

to which it relates.

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I didnt ask you whay the penalties are or how they are incurred i asked what happens when the councils set the rates and not revenue? Does the revenue still collect it or the council? Does the council tell the revenue how much to collect? That will be a disaster we all know the level of communication between two institutions in this country is like two deaf mutes having a convo over two cans and a string, How accurate are the county boundaries for the councils? Is it possible for 1 house to be billed twice at different rates because of the boundaries?

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I didnt ask you whay the penalties are or how they are incurred i asked what happens when the councils set the rates and not revenue? Does the revenue still collect it or the council? Does the council tell the revenue how much to collect? That will be a disaster we all know the level of communication between two institutions in this country is like two deaf mutes having a convo over two cans and a string, How accurate are the county boundaries for the councils? Is it possible for 1 house to be billed twice at different rates because of the boundaries?

Read the legislation.

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Dear Mr DXhound,

Blessings on you, i need you to register your name and adddress on my website so that i can charge you a tax on your property for services that you already pay for privately and thorough your income tax. i only want E100 this year , but next year it will be more. be assured that the tax will always rise and i dont care if you cant afford to pay. please be aware that if you dont pay, i will send people to your door to collect it. if you dont like it vote against me next time.Western Union prefered.

regards
    Ofino Gaelo, Lagos

Greetings my friend.

Alas you are a year late. My country was the only developed country in the world without such a tax up until 2012 which is why you must have picked me out. But I have already lawfully registered with my own local authority.

I notice that there are various property taxes in your own country. Maybe you could let me know how the very inventive locals manage to avoid paying. I would like to pass this advice on to similar lawbreakers in my country who are interested in such things.

DX

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

But I have already lawfully registered with my own local authority.

*pats pocket protector*

*straightens dickie bow*

to which it relates.

section 1.45

What a load of sh!t

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cocobear

I paid, can't afford it but paid, I wouldn't tell anyone what to do, each to their own!
    I do believe that people in local authority housing should also pay, why not considering what the charge is intended to cover. To my mind people in local authority housing have remained untouched so far, government has no appetite or balls to do the right thing, it might costs them votes and ultimately every decision and call they make is based on that,.

Read the legislation.

I cant find anything to do with the questions posed.

I cant find anything to do with the questions posed.

I can't help you so. You might react badly if I suggested that you contact the Revenue or your LA. You may get more enlightenment in March.

Revenue will write to residential property owners in March 2013. Revenue will include a detailed explanatory booklet on the operation of LPT, valuation procedures and payments methods, as well as an LPT Return form for completion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

You shouldn't be so worried your protected under CPA.

mikom wrote: »
    *pats pocket protector*

*straightens dickie bow*

No need for a calculator as the rates and valuation bands are fixed up until 2016. I have decided my valuation band so I know exactly where I stand.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/budget_2013.html#l01933

cocobear wrote: »
    I paid, can't afford it but paid, .

So when you had to pay food, you starved and paid the tax instead?

I am sorry but that's pathetic.

I can't help you so. You might react badly if I suggested that you contact the Revenue or your LA. You may get more enlightenment in March.

Revenue will write to residential property owners in March 2013. Revenue will include a detailed explanatory booklet on the operation of LPT, valuation procedures and payments methods, as well as an LPT Return form for completion.

Will it be titled Dear Homeowner like they did with the HHC because they dont know who is liable, exempt, still alive etc??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

So you don't even know yourself until March?

Well played DX. extremely well played.

Very eager man to sign up for something you know nothing about, the LA might make a decision in March, then change their minds again like they've been doing from the beginning.

I'll take my chances over yours thanks very much.

You're the one who has blindly handed over your hard earned cash, and signed on the dotted line, for what you still don't know.

• Advertisement

Read the legislation.

Will you be able to claim a tax allowance on your payment dx like your bin charges?

Will you be able to claim a tax allowance on your payment dx like your bin charges?

Not unless you breathe out oxygen. There is carbon tax now. So I wouldn't breathe out carbon dioxide anymore, you will get a fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

A few weeks ago you declared you would rather burn down your house than pay up. Are you sticking with that declaration now?

Yes.

Having just been introduced to your wife vicariously I am already in great admiration or her.

She says thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Residual Gap: Eur15bn.
    Interest on debt component: Eur7bn.

Real deficit: Eur8bn.
    Budget 2012 impact: Eur: 2bn (ish).

We're gettin there....
    Another few tough budgets (Eur6bn) and we can negotiate a proper agreement. Keep it to yourselves, but the Europeans can then stick the Bank debt, and a lump of the balance where the sun doesn't shine!

Residual Gap: Eur15bn.
    Interest on debt component: Eur7bn.

Real deficit: Eur8bn.
    Budget 2012 impact: Eur: 2bn (ish).

We're gettin there....
    Another few tough budgets (Eur6bn) and we can negotiate a proper agreement. Keep it to yourselves, but the Europeans can then stick the Bank debt, and a lump of the balance where the sun doesn't shine!

When you rob Peter to pay Paul everyone is happy .....................except Peter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

When you rob Peter to pay Paul everyone is happy .....................except Peter.

Fair Enof Paul.

Let's double the LPT then and pay Peter everything then.

to which it relates.

As Charlie McCreevy would say, yid never be able to read all that.

No need for a calculator as the rates and valuation bands are fixed up until 2016. I have decided my valuation band so I know exactly where I stand.

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/money_and_tax/budget_2013.html#l01933[/QUOTE]

Here is the government's most humorous line, see bold:

Payment can bemade by credit or debit card, cash, direct debit or by voluntary deduction atsource from Irish salary or wages, occupational pensions or certain paymentsfrom the Department of Social Protection and the Department of Agriculture,Food and the Marine.
    I wonder will the govt. go guarantor for me in an application for a credit card, and I could use it to pay them the tax that they are looking for on my home.

• Advertisement

darkhorse wrote: »
    As Charlie McCreevy would say, yid never be able to read all that.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement