Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    And therein is the problem - WHO to vote for next?:rolleyes:

New political party 'Direct Democracy Ireland' launched in Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

darkhorse wrote: »

Yep,launched 3 months ago and not a word about them since.
    The acid test will be when VB has them on with Victor Gorbachev(or whatever his name is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Vizzy wrote: »
    Yep,launched 3 months ago and not a word about them since.
    The acid test will be when VB has them on with Victor Gorbachev(or whatever his name is.

They've probably been more of an asset to the country this last three months than the current bunch of clowns we have sitting in In D.E supposedly working with our best interest at hearts anyway, that's for sure.

Cost the state less too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Ghandee wrote: »
    They've probably been more of an asset to the country this last three months than the current bunch of clowns we have sitting in In D.E supposedly working with our best interest at hearts anyway, that's for sure.

Cost the state less too.

Isn't that the case for everyone in the state ?
    Doesn't mean that we qualify for the group hugs just yet though.

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Politicians are out to screw us public, and just line their own pockets. The SYSTEM must change, otherwise we'll all be bankrupt while politicians or ex politicians are living the life of reilly.UTTER DISGRACE!

It seems to be everywhere, LD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sok0oU8R-uU&feature=player_detailpage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The sad truth is that Ron Paul is a consummate politician. He's just better at tailoring his message to his different audiences than, say, Mitt Romney, whose adjustments are painfully obvious. Ron Paul is the cool grandpa pothead to college kids, the prophet of racial fear to neo-Nazis, an opponent of public schools to Christian home-schoolers, and a crusader against the coming One World Government to the anti-flouride conspiracy crowd. And each group thinks he's their own, special warrior.

The sad truth is that Ron Paul is a consummate politician. He's just better at tailoring his message to his different audiences than, say, Mitt Romney, whose adjustments are painfully obvious. Ron Paulis the cool grandpa pothead to college kids, the prophet of racial fear to neo-Nazis, an opponent of public schools to Christian home-schoolers, and a crusader against the coming One World Government to the anti-flouride conspiracy crowd. And each group thinks he's their own, special warrior.

He's not as cool as Ron Jeremy I bet.

The sad truth is that Ron Paul is a consummate politician. He's just better at tailoring his message to his different audiences than, say, Mitt Romney, whose adjustments are painfully obvious. Ron Paul is the cool grandpa pothead to college kids, the prophet of racial fear to neo-Nazis, an opponent of public schools to Christian home-schoolers, and a crusader against the coming One World Government to the anti-flouride conspiracy crowd. And each group thinks he's their own, special warrior.

In other words, he dos'ent know what he's talking either.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Would'nt it be something if we could get someone that would represent the people, and that would talk up for them, maybe someone like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez-88_hIrLY&feature=player_detailpage

If he gets his way and the UK leaves the EU we will have to have customs posts on the border again.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cocobear

Aquarius34 wrote: »
    hmmm. This post makes me suspicious. hmmmm.

I see you're blatantly ignoring my responses. What part of no do you not understand? if a taxman demands 10,000 euros, are you just gonna hand it to him as if there is no escaping NO?

Who are you again?

What in the name of god are you suspicious of????????
    And what responses are being ignored?????
    I haven't been using boards.ie long maybe I am missing something?
    There seems to be a lot of people on here, who cannot accept that other people may have opinions that differ from their own, and have major difficulty with that!?
    A lot of aggression floating around, that. serves no purpose other than rising blood pressure,
    Christ it's supposed to be a discussion forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

donalg1 wrote: »
    I am sure with Revenue involved it will be far higher than 50%, they may have a 50% compliance rate to begin with however, this will increase over time as will the fines and late payment charges that Revenue will be taking in. ;)

Mod you dont have to remind me I know posts should not be personel but I cant help it... sorry

Donal I honestly dont know what kind of a person you are and I completely fail to comphrehend how you have the nerve to constantly insult & throw negative comments at people of Ireland who have a back bone and the courage to stand up against something that is wrong and I admirer these people very much so.

If I were to guess I would say your the kind of person that stood outside the gas chambers in the early 40s in Germany pushing in citizens to there deaths as you are simply following orders/laws.

Or maybe a traitor/informant to the british during the Irish war of independance (British will say this is beyond moral obligations and somewhat patriotic to HM)

Moral duty to comply with laws you say? Is it not our moral duty not to comply with an unjust law??

If only you had an ounce of common sense their maybe some hope for you, there is no point in me repeating the reasons why this new tax is completely wrong as they have been stated over and over again.

I am sure I speak for over half of the population when I say people like you should be completely ashamed of yourselves!!

PS: Do you honestly think I give an absolute care in the world if revenue fine me for not paying?? They can fine me 10,000 an hr until I pay I could not care less, I will not be bullied into complying for a morally wrong, unjust and unfair tax, if we allow them away with this... what is next a path tax for pedestrians?? The yes side are not looking at the full picture this is your biggest flaw!

If you are led up the garden path, like our politicians are leading, us, their people, there's only one way back.

Hand on heart, dx, would you not like us to have a democracy such as this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=y5W45Va0cPE

bgrizzley wrote: »
    so unless they throw in firing squads at dawn or something next...:rolleyes:

Sunday January 06 2013
    YET another of Ireland's biggest developers has emerged from bankruptcy in the UK, leaving debts of some €300m behind him.

Just goes to show, ya gotta think big.

Lol......

The Revenue Commissioners are to write to homeowners in the coming The Revenue Commissioners are to write to homeowners in the coming months, telling them how much they think their property is worth. months, telling them how much they think their property is worth.

It is part of the preparations for the property tax, which is being introduced It is part of the preparations for the property tax, which is being introduced in July. in July.

In most cases, the amount of the new payment will be calculated by self-In most cases, the amount of the new payment will be calculated by self-assessment, and the letters will provide advice for people on how to value assessment, and the letters will provide advice for people on how to value their homes and how to calculate how much tax they owe. their homes and how to calculate how much tax they owe.

However, people who do not pay the tax on that basis will face a bill based However, people who do not pay the tax on that basis will face a bill based on what Revenue thinks their home is worth.

That's gas.

So if revenue tell a homeowner his home is worth 400k, and after several years on the market and forced to pay property tax on this valuation, if the home owner only gets 250k can the homeowner then chase revenue for the shortfall?

Only true way to value a home is to put it on the market and let the buyers decide its value.

Revenue are crossing the line into a dictatorship here.

dvpower wrote: »

Only for the folk who foolishly registered lol.
    Revenue is trawling through "third party details" like stamp duty records, electricity bills, rental details and records from the controversial €100 household charge to figure out the size and value of every home.

Welcome back our DV, nice holiday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Only for the folk who foolishly registered lol.
    ... for mortgage interest relief.
    Ouch!

... for mortgage interest relief.
    Ouch!

Oh, where have I heard that one before lol?

Why didn't big Phil access these records? He promised to, but never got around to it.....

Kinda makes one think its not as easy as they like to make out.....

Btw, will revenue then tell the councils how much to raise the amount when they get free reign.

So, revenue will tell the council how much a house is valued at, the council will set a rate of payment due, but get revenue to do the collecting?

You realise the major flaws and stupidity in pace here right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Hey donal, I'd like to ask you, 19 yrs, 119 yrs, why would your morals or your princples change, except to be oportunistic.

Maybe Ghandee could answer that for you darkhorse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Lol i cant believe after all the cock ups and muddied facts on where to pay the hhc etc they are still chopping and changing the details of a tax thas set to be in by when?

and what will happen when the revebue set the vakue of a house at 300k then council takes over the charge and its actually valued at 180k another decline in revenue? Another farce tax to make up the loss?

Maybe Ghandee could answer that for you darkhorse.

Or maybe the person he asked could answer it?

Has your stance changed now? Relying on me now to answer questions on your behalf instead of DV:confused:

Mr CJ wrote: »
    Mod you dont have to remind me I know posts should not be personel but I cant help it... sorry

Donal I honestly dont know what kind of a person you are and I completely fail to comphrehend how you have the nerve to constantly insult & throw negative comments at people of Ireland who have a back bone and the courage to stand up against something that is wrong and I admirer these people very much so.

If I were to guess I would say your the kind of person that stood outside the gas chambers in the early 40s in Germany pushing in citizens to there deaths as you are simply following orders/laws.

Or maybe a traitor/informant to the british during the Irish war of independance (British will say this is beyond moral obligations and somewhat patriotic to HM)

Moral duty to comply with laws you say? Is it not our moral duty not to comply with an unjust law??

If only you had an ounce of common sense their maybe some hope for you, there is no point in me repeating the reasons why this new tax is completely wrong as they have been stated over and over again.

I am sure I speak for over half of the population when I say people like you should be completely ashamed of yourselves!!

PS: Do you honestly think I give an absolute care in the world if revenue fine me for not paying?? They can fine me 10,000 an hr until I pay I could not care less, I will not be bullied into complying for a morally wrong, unjust and unfair tax, if we allow them away with this... what is next a path tax for pedestrians?? The yes side are not looking at the full picture this is your biggest flaw!

Ok I am throwing insults at who now? Most of them seem to come from the anti side tbh.

I should be ashamed of myself why now? Is it because I pay my taxes, realistically I think those that break the law have more to be ashamed about.

If you want to talk about common sense then explain to me where is the sense in paying more taxes than is necessary, why would anyone decide to pay €130 or €200 when they could have paid €100? Where is the sense in that.

Where did I say it was your moral duty to comply with laws, I believe that was Ghandee that said that.

You talk about letting them away with it, well apparently the HHC was going to be scrapped and there was no way the LPT would be introduced (hot air from the anti side and cahwt of course), yet none of that seems to have happened so what is it you are not letting them away it?

It must be a great ability to be able to speak for over half the population, I will ask those that I know havent paid if they are happy to let some keyboard warrior speak on their behalf. :rolleyes:

As for the traitor comments and informant comments well they are too nonsensical to even discuss, more ridiculous ramblings from the anti side, up there with castration of males when they reach 30.:D

Or maybe the person he asked could answer it?

Has your stance changed now? Relying on me now to answer questions on your behalf instead of DV:confused:

Has my stance changed on what Ghandee? And given your track record of avoiding answering questions I wouldnt be too quick to ever rely on you to answer any other questions.

You are the one slating Enda in one post for changing his morals, while saying in the next post that you too are going to change yours. I simply pointed out the hypocrisy of this, and if someone wants to discuss changing ones morals I feel it only appropriate to point them in your direction as you have some first hand experience of this.

Has my stance changed on what Ghandee?

You are the one slating Enda in one post for changing his morals, while saying in the next post that you too are going to change yours. I simply pointed out the hypocrisy of this, and if someone wants to discuss changing ones morals I feel it only appropriate to point them in your direction as you have some first hand experience of this.

Where?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Just another ploy in a long list to try and scare people into paying.
    Truth is they have no data base and are pi***** against the wind.

Where?

You know where Ghandee. You say its your moral duty to pay your taxes, and then you say you wont be paying the LPT and you also advise others not to pay the HHC. Morals indeed. :rolleyes:

You know where Ghandee. You say its your moral duty to pay your taxes, and then you say you wont be paying the LPT and you also advise others not to pay the HHC. Morals indeed. :rolleyes:

I pay all my taxes, I'm a tax compliant citizen.
    I won't pay An immoral tax to live in my own, privately paid for and privately maintained home.

As I've been saying that from the offset, I can't see any hypocrisy Donal.

Please enlighten me as to where it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

up there with castration of males when they reach 30.:D

Only someone who falls for empty threats would have taken that analogy in a literal sense

• Advertisement

I pay all my taxes, I'm a tax compliant citizen.
    I won't pay An immoral tax to live in my own, privately paid for and privately maintained home.

As I've been saying that from the offset, I can't see any hypocrisy Donal.

Please enlighten me as to where it is?

You cant see any hypocrisy in saying Enda cant change his morals but its fine for you to do so?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement