Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Aquarius34

barrackali wrote: »
    Is this Jim Corr's boards account? lol

Not every conspiracy theorist is Jim Corr.:rolleyes:
    The only people defending this issue, are the freaking cronies and puppet stringers of the elite in this country who sit back and live off our taxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

The majority paid the household charge, and eventually you will pay the h charge, property tax and penalties...you and the others will all end up paying.

I don't pay my taxes so that others can evade them.

The majority paid the household charge, and eventually you will pay the h charge, property tax and penalties...you and the others will all end up paying.

No I won't. You're not going to win this argument. I didn't fill the census form and didn't abide to many other rules and yet there is serious fines to all those things. I don't pay it and won't pay them. That is because I said so. Trust me I am not someone who rolls over when he is told to by anyone. You're wasting your time, been snaky with me on this subject. If you met me in person and said the above I'd laugh in your face.

So if I go and buy a jumper, does that mean the can government ask for a tax after when you wear it? If I say no, they can fine me? It's actually absolutely unreal at this stage lol.

Not even politicians would talk this abrasive and dictatorial. You think you can get away with saying such tripe behind a computer as an unknown so it wont backfire. You know full well that it would make you stick out like a sore thumb in a crowd if you actually said all the above as you had on this thread. You won't be long seeing people up in arms telling you where to go next. You just simply would not do it and that is the reality. These kind of tactics is what will turn the whole country against the government and that is already starting happen now. It's not going to be fun at all to see it when it happens. It's coming and it's going to be very ugly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

A round of anti family home tax public meetings will begin nationwide in the near future,people who are opposed to the family home tax should try and attend as many public meetings as possbile, over the next six months protests will be required, I don,t think the old marching style protests will be enough, if people come out in numbers, Id call for to start blocking bridges, picketing tds homes who support the family home tax, occupy their constituency clinics, last but not least occupy revenue office buildings, posters who are opposed to the family home tax, besides not paying how far are most of you prepared to go on this issue ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

source?

Am Chile wrote: »
    A round of anti family home tax public meetings will begin nationwide in the near future,people who are opposed to the family home tax should try and attend as many public meetings as possbile, over the next six months protests will be required, I don,t think the old marching style protests will be enough, if people come out in numbers, Id call for to start blocking bridges, picketing tds homes who support the family home tax, occupy their constituency clinics, last but not least occupy revenue office buildings, posters who are opposed to the family home tax, besides not paying how far are most of you prepared to go on this issue ?

The idea is to not react, that's what they want. They have the police force on their side. Protest don't work.

What needs to be done, is for people to wake up and see the corruption in full sight and not buy into it anymore. It's obvious they are stopping at nothing and now they are going to threaten with "fines" People have to wake up and see how absurd this has become.

The idea, is to just stand your ground, encourage others to do the same. You are well within your rights to stand your ground on this issue. Keep it simple. Don't retaliate or retort to anger. You simply state to everyone, you do not have to pay this tax and that's it. You don't. To try talk about it only fuels them to "have you" Which is what they want. The two letter word always work. "No". They will give up eventually if people just stuck by their guns to it. There is to many of us to lock up or try fine.

I always use to laugh at the "fines". They up the price as a means to make people scared or bullied into paying something they don't have to pay for.

The majority paid the household charge

It was the minority that won Ireland its Republic :rolleyes: What they did was against the law.

I think the people not paying it are not Evaders, they are just not bending over as easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Up next on tonight with vincent browne discussion on property tax.

If you don't pay the property tax we will fine you "ONE MILLION DOLLAR" and no more discount on free range eggs in Dunne's stores.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭HabeasCorpus

Excellent speaker on Vincent Browne now speaking about unfairness of this tax, a female reporter. Also brought up next October's EARLY Budget.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

Is Blair Horan for real ?????....does he not realise that there have been 400,000 private sector workers made unemployed over the past 5 years !!!!!.....or that 100,000 + have emigrated, possibly even 200,000 !!!!!.....or that the burden of maintaining the extravagant gravy train has now fallen on the shoulders of a much smaller number of private sector workers......400,000 smaller !......spending needs to be rolled back to pre boom levels...it's as simple as that, anything less will only prolong the destruction of this country.
    Surprised at Stephen o' Donnell, disappointed at his stance on maintaining ps numbers as a means of maintaining the economy....first time I have ever disagreed with anything he has said.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Aquarius34 wrote: »
    So if I go and buy a jumper, does that mean the can government ask for a tax after when you wear it? If I say no, they can fine me? It's actually absolutely unreal at this stage lol.

Realistically they won't try to tax you on the jumper afterwards but there will probably be a tracker in the jumper so they can find where you live and send in the G man to get you and you family when you sleep.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!
    Scary stuff,eh ?

Good man Vincent, reminding Asshole he is earning over 100k plus perks. Asshole can only come up with having to pay property tax and extra 500 quid a year affecting him!!!! In a society where people have nothing, and are trying to scrape a fare to emigrate.

How is Asshole, thick and stumbling able to get a high wage, he cannot debate, he has nothing to offer. I am so enraged when I see these unintelligent incompetent creeps, unable to do anything except grab. Irish people are too easy allowing this.

The govt. want to raise €500m in a full year of the property tax.....UTTER BULL****....all this threatening, lying, pleading, bullying for "only" €500m per year.....don't believe it people !!!.......

€500m is a drop in the ocean, our useless govt. overspend by €15b a year !....they pay €500m in ALLOWANCES every year to teachers alone, and that is just allowances, not pay !....why not go after that ?....no need for a property tax then ?

We must all allways remember these useless cnuts in govt. have very nice pay, expenses, guaranteed pensions and will do and say ANYTHING to prolong their employment, they do not give one fcuk about the effects on families and the lives of Irish people.

The property tax, if introduced, will TRIPLE very quickly to €1.5b per year and possibly anything up to €2.5b per year....I would bet my house on it !!!.....if I still have one :)

Vizzy wrote: »
    Realistically they won't try to tax you on the jumper afterwards but there will probably be a tracker in the jumper so they can find where you live and send in the G man to get you and you family when you sleep.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!
    Scary stuff,eh ?

Very! This stuff makes me wee in my pants out of fear.

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    The govt. want to raise €500m in a full year of the property tax.....UTTER BULL****....all this threatening, lying, pleading, bullying for "only" €500m per year.....don't believe it people !!!.......

€500m is a drop in the ocean, our useless govt. overspend by €15b a year !....they pay €500m in ALLOWANCES every year to teachers alone, and that is just allowances, not pay !....why not go after that ?....no need for a property tax then ?

We must all allways remember these useless cnuts in govt. have very nice pay, expenses, guaranteed pensions and will do and say ANYTHING to prolong their employment, they do not give one fcuk about the effects on families and the lives of Irish people.

The property tax, if introduced, will TRIPLE very quickly to €1.5b per year and possibly anything up to €2.5b per year....I would bet my house on it !!!.....if I still have one :)

Don t forget carbon tax, you breathe out carbon dioxide. We may as well hold our breath then, wait, if we did we'd die? Oh well. If nothing even makes sense, It may well be true to say the Elite breathe out carbon dioxide, but hey they are God!

The only thing that annoys me is the god damn apathy in people these days. I can't get my head around it. It's like sure, look the government said so, so we have too. If the government told us to jump into the fire, would you do it? What level of stupidity does this have to come too.

Also if you're against this tax, stop giving them ideas to tax something else. They are living off our taxes. People are been ripped off, more and more. people don't have money like they used too. It's completely unacceptable what is going on. Wages are going down and yet taxes are going up all the time! There is just simply no logic on this planet. I really do not understand why it has to be this way and why everything has to just get so bad for people to get it. Greed is a serious illness and this is the problem and this is why this property tax is on the agenda. There is no ends to what they can try squeeze out of the working class at this rate. People just roll over to their requests.

Was Vincent Browne on the beer, he is so indistinct when he speaks, rushing his words and slurring half under his breath. I missed quite a bit of what he said, sort of defeats the purpose.

Great post Am Cheile, totally agree with you, I will most definitely be attending meetings in my neighbourhood. The time for more radical action is approaching and I am all in favour of it. I will have no regrets.
    The lunacy in this country has gone on for far too long, it has gone too far and will only keep getting worse !.... enough is enough, we need to take a serious united stand against these fcukers who threaten us and our families futures....

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

Not even politicians would talk this abrasive and dictatorial. You think you can get away with saying such tripe behind a computer as an unknown so it wont backfire. You know full well that it would make you stick out like a sore thumb in a crowd if you actually said all the above as you had on this thread. You won't be long seeing people up in arms telling you where to go next. You just simply would not do it and that is the reality. These kind of tactics is what will turn the whole country against the government and that is already starting happen now. It's not going to be fun at all to see it when it happens. It's coming and it's going to be very ugly.

Very well said!! Its great to see more people on this with some sense rather than the others who seem to be on a different planet outside our solar system, absolute fools to be agreeing with our corrupt, criminal organisation we call a government!!

FFS wake up fools we voted this government in to represent us the people of Ireland not troika/europe, we are being completely blanked and are told what to do like sheep.

If everyone sat back and allowed this to happen are you guys that blind to see that govt would be laughing all the way????????? govt would be like... ok lads whats next? how about a path tax for pedestriants or a tax on children? wait a minute dont sick people cost the state money and fill up our hospitals?? you cant expect these things to be free if your sick now do you? so lets tax the sick, the more sick the more tax you pay! (Im sure the pro people would agree with me on this as you all say we have to pay our way) but lads people might think thats unfair and immoral? ah sure we will just make it law forget about acts its in breach over and our constitution, the people are good boys and girls they will be obedient for their masters WOOHAHAHA

Im glad I only visit this forum once in a while otherwise id go bonkers with the stupid comments in support of the most disastrous government we have ever had in the history of the state... please god make this government fall down like a tonne of bricks!!

Dont forget people its looking like there might be a revolt within the FG party they are turning on each other with this property tax ;)

For the people with sense stay strong ignore revenue and govt scare tactics, let everyone you know your intentions and ask them to join local campaigns/protests etc, simply boycotting it will not be the best way to win this time we need action so get out side and do your part!

As I said before I admirer the people fighting this and have the highest respect for you & you make me realise that their is hope we aint just a nation of herds of sheeple waiting for their masters next command!!

Good night ;)

• Advertisement

Mr_CJ, well said, I support everything in your post.

Do you believe the percentage quoted as paying (see link to article below) is entirely accurate? I have my doubts, they claim that over a million households have paid, that including those ineligable and with waivers brings the LawAbiding Ones to over 70%.

The reason people are doing what they are told is they are absolutely scared witless. The media is pushing everything through, they are afraid Ireland will go down the toilet, they are afraid they will lose their jobs, or go to jail. There is some strong threatening language used by journalists recommending people to pay. The ones who aren't paying are being given very dire warnings, from penalties, to legal action, to a charge placed on your home. Keep in mind some advisors of Government members were high flyers in the media (now retired, on a pension and getting very high salaries). E.g. Ruari Quinn's advisor.

Does anyone have any idea about the REAL percentage which has paid, and those who are excluded/waivered. If you were to believe this, it is just inevitable that the remainder will pay and this tax will go through. Has anyone heard of a person being summoned to Court for non-payment of Household Charge as this article implies:
    http://www.thejournal.ie/household-charge-linked-to-property-tax-735542-Jan2013/

Mr_CJ, well said, I support everything in your post.

Do you believe the percentage quoted as paying (see link to article below) is entirely accurate? I have my doubts, they claim that over a million households have paid, that including those ineligable and with waivers brings the LawAbiding Ones to over 70%.

The reason people are doing what they are told is they are absolutely scared witless. The media is pushing everything through, they are afraid Ireland will go down the toilet, they are afraid they will lose their jobs, or go to jail. There is some strong threatening language used by journalists recommending people to pay. The ones who aren't paying are being given very dire warnings, from penalties, to legal action, to a charge placed on your home. Keep in mind some advisors of Government members were high flyers in the media (now retired, on a pension and getting very high salaries). E.g. Ruari Quinn's advisor.

Does anyone have any idea about the REAL percentage which has paid, and those who are excluded/waivered. If you were to believe this, it is just inevitable that the remainder will pay and this tax will go through. Has anyone heard of a person being summoned to Court for non-payment of Household Charge as this article implies:
    http://www.thejournal.ie/household-charge-linked-to-property-tax-735542-Jan2013/

Thanks!!

I agree with you also, they are using all their weapons (un-lawfully) to scare people into registering simply because they are scared themselves believe it or not that their will be a massive boycott, just like they experienced with the household charge and the last thing they want is a repeat of it... which in-turn shows that we are doing a fantastic job so far and proves that we have won the first round.

Lets put it very simply (hypothetically)... if your going into battle with terminator, how will you preper yourself?? By loading yourself up to the teeth with weapons and ammo!! See a comparison with our government?

Too right they are scared of us and taking out the big guns because they realise if the people of Ireland worked in harmony our government would become the sheep this is what people fail to see... sure what do you expect... once they have football/xfactor/FB they dont care and dont mind bending over for them!!

Im sick of people saying oh god REVENUE... there scared of them, why????? STOP fearing them and they will become powerless (like Noonan with his own stupidity) how can they force the nation if we all stick together? its impossible!

As for the registration numbers... straight away I can answer that for you... hogan kept saying 1.6 million homes which is bull the actual figure is close to 1.9 million + their are errors as to how they calculated it proven by a proffessor and come on who in their right mind would belive that peice of filth?? They exagerated the numbers to try give people like us a false impression that we are fighting a loosing battle.... on the contrary!!

This issue is wrecking my head now, just for how stupid it is. When I look back at some of the comments on this thread you know they have agents on here trying to incite fear into people and that alone shows how frickken ridiculous it is. If you don't pay property tax we come and find you and charge you a FINE?

You know the moment you sometimes have, when you wake up from a dream, and you don't know if you're still dreaming or if you have actually awoken. This is what reading this thread makes me feel like. I posted on this over a week ago, and still, I don't understand why some of these agents or pro elites are still at it. If they had any brains, they'd know that if they push it to much, people are going to bite back. It's happening now big time.

I can't believe they'd even come up with an idea, to tax the home you brought. They have our entire country in a debt that they created themselves, and the truth is we actually owe them nothing. That's the truth, we don't owe anyone anything. It's all make believe shiit. Just as banks offer out money and create make believe interest, loans and policies.. When in reality, by alllowing them keep our money in the bank it just goes round and round by their control and we the masses chases around after it like dogs running to a bone. This ultimately is all in their own doing and its actually theft if you think about it. The bankers, elites and tax man lives off you. They cannot live without this system.

The crisis in this country has gotten so bad, Now that I am seeing families, working families been evicted out of their homes because they can't pay the mortgages. What kind of humanity is that? Why are we allowing this to happen. No one should be forced out of their homes. It just should never be the the case or be the situation for anyone. it's a very rotten feeling to experience and no one deserves this.

We should not be living our lives in Debt. It doesn't make sense. We shouldn't have to be working so damn hard just to have a roof over our heads. Now even, after all the blood and sweat of this nation, the government have the cheek to tax the homes of the people that have spent their entire lives working for just to have a home?!.

I am only waiting for just one representative of the revenue our government to dare come to my house looking for money, They'll get a rude awakening from me and get everything thats coming!

There are two laws here. One for us, another for them.

How many of the Dail tvs have a licence, Guarda station tvs, Ministers' homes. Does our little friend in Áras an Uachtaráin pay for anything? Has HE got a tv licence? We've seen over the years a tiny percentage of the tax evasion, squandering, outrageous expenses of Ministers etc. Their salary and any pensions they are claiming goes straight in the Bank. Usually they have another few jobs, or a farm ticking away as well. Even with the recession, if they are cut, they are on over 100k. That is Lotto money to alloto Irish people.

Today we had rescue jeeps and searchers in our town as the brave men are searching the freezing river and hinterland again for another missing man, the 4th in 2 months. The hopelessness, and never ending austerity has casualties, it isn't just a fiscal or emigration problem. Bad leadership, heavy taxing & absolute robbery of taxation, no provision or hope for our people, this is very serious. We are the electorate, we are the taxpayers. The power regarding tax, and those highly paid to represent us, is in our hands.

Another thing to the donkeys re previous comments... the people who are fighting this are not free loaders/scroungers or anything of the sort and how dare you call them that.

What differentiates you guys to us is that we have eyes connected to a functioning healthy brain with sense and can fully see and appreciate whats going on!!

I myself have been employed for years (good job) worked myself up from sweeping floors and now I am self employed, I have no issue paying tax and other expenses its a necessity (which reminds me... funny stuff re road tax...comments from idiots saying "if you wont pay this would you choose not to pay road tax?" LAUGHING OUT LOUD I wont even comment on this)

Anyway my point is enough is enough and the system has to be completely revamped all politicians should be kicked out and have no benefits they should be replaced by experts who have actually some knowledge of the area they are in also the time you see 2 or more cars parked in homes paid by the state where the occupants are on the social welfare who never worked a day in their lives going on holidays etc must come to an end!! Where in gods name is the incentive to work?? The money should be taken from them and given to the people out working contributing tax to the economy so then they can afford to keep their car next week and even perhaps go on a holiday... the whole system is fkd up and needs to be changed... sorry a little of topic.

PS: Lets not forget this current system is still allowing Ahern to recieve his €150,000/yr... yes thats right the guy who helped fck the country up you might say he needs an income lol he already fkn has it from the International forrestry fund another 150k... and you guys still have no problem with the system... the insanity is mind blowing!!

There are two laws here. One for us, another for them.

How many of the Dail tvs have a licence, Guarda station tvs, Ministers' homes. Does our little friend in Áras an Uachtaráin pay for anything? Has HE got a tv licence? We've seen over the years a tiny percentage of the tax evasion, squandering, outrageous expenses of Ministers etc. Their salary and any pensions they are claiming goes straight in the Bank. Usually they have another few jobs, or a farm ticking away as well. Even with the recession, if they are cut, they are on over 100k. That is Lotto money to alloto Irish people.

Today we had rescue jeeps and searchers in our town as the brave men are searching the freezing river and hinterland again for another missing man, the 4th in 2 months. The hopelessness, and never ending austerity has casualties, it isn't just a fiscal or emigration problem. Bad leadership, heavy taxing & absolute robbery of taxation, no provision or hope for our people, this is very serious. We are the electorate, we are the taxpayers. The power regarding tax, and those highly paid to represent us, is in our hands.

Bertie Ahern, has free transport, free international travel, free cars, 24 hour protection, bodyguards at his home for the rest of his life. He probably has more things paid for his high life.

It just mind boggles me.
    Does he pay tax.
    No
    Will he pay property tax.
    No
    Would it make a difference if he did.
    No

Politicians in this country are the highest paid in the world. What the hell is that about? I never believed in voting and this is exactly why. Has anyone ever been to the Dail? it's empty 3/4 of the year and more than half the politicians don't turn up when they are supposed too.

Will I pay be paying property tax
    No

Will I be paying Income tax
    Never agreed to paying income tax.
    Now I've simply had enough of all this shiit.
    I refuse to support the system and struggle. It's just not morally right for any being on this planet to support a system that actively enslaves them of their birthrights and destroys their freedom.

Like the (Bailed out by the Taxpayer) Banks saying about people crushed trying to pay homes with huge negative equity: These people took the loans out and cannot expect the Bank to write the money off!!!!!!!!!!

I have worked, and this easy money, good time stuff passed me by completely. I was obviously helping pay for all the squandering and gravy training in that decade or so they wasted billions. Now they expect me no only to continue with my usual scrimping, but to increase my scrimping. While they are on over 100k minimum. I am a peaceful person, but my blood is boiling and I am ready to fight.

Yes, Aquarius, I noticed the Dail's whistling empty rows of seats, about 10 people sitting there, even when really important legislation were being put through. The worst debaters I ever heard in my life. Bar Marylou Mcdonald and maybe 2 others. Lazy people used to a cushy life. All that Cute Hoor Taoiseach can say to Gerry Adams is something on the lines of 'how many people have you and your henchmen murdered'. Outrageous, for him to address an elected representative of the Dail with such visible contempt, whilst totally ignoring the points made.

The whole system needs an overhaul. I read that despite Canada being rather larger than Ireland, we had 5 times more civil servants working in a Government Department than were employed in the same Department Canada! Our taoiseach is on 200k.

Yes ex taoiseachi are all costing us, not only Bertie, but Biffo and Albert Reynolds. Why are these massive costs never targeted. They rummage around for small change, taxing everything, with a much smaller workforce paying the tax, while the large fat expensive elephants are all over the place.

This issue is wrecking my head now, just for how stupid it is. When I look back at some of the comments on this thread you know they have agents on here trying to incite fear into people and that alone shows how frickken ridiculous it is. If you don't pay property tax we come and find you and charge you a FINE?

You know the moment you sometimes have, when you wake up from a dream, and you don't know if you're still dreaming or if you have actually awoken. This is what reading this thread makes me feel like. I posted on this over a week ago, and still, I don't understand why some of these agents or pro elites are still at it. If they had any brains, they'd know that if they push it to much, people are going to bite back. It's happening now big time.

I can't believe they'd even come up with an idea, to tax the home you brought. They have our entire country in a debt that they created themselves, and the truth is we actually owe them nothing. That's the truth, we don't owe anyone anything. It's all make believe shiit. Just as banks offer out money and create make believe interest, loans and policies.. When in reality, by alllowing them keep our money in the bank it just goes round and round by their control and we the masses chases around after it like dogs running to a bone. This ultimately is all in their own doing and its actually theft if you think about it. The bankers, elites and tax man lives off you. They cannot live without this system.

The crisis in this country has gotten so bad, Now that I am seeing families, working families been evicted out of their homes because they can't pay the mortgages. What kind of humanity is that? Why are we allowing this to happen. No one should be forced out of their homes. It just should never be the the case or a situation for anyone. it's a very rotten feeling and no one deserves this.

We should not be living our lives in Debt. It doesn't make sense. We shouldn't have to be working so damn hard just to have a roof over our heads. Now even, after all the blood and sweat of this nation, the government have the cheek to tax the homes of the people that have spent their entire lives working for just to have a home?!.

I am only waiting for just one representative of the revenue our government to dare come to my house looking for money, They'll get a rude awakening from me and get everything thats coming!

HOW TRUE!!! Reading that was like the best music to my ears

Spot on and well done!!

Goodnight. I will go to the protests, go to the Ministers 'clinics' (where brains and b***s of voters seem to be removed over the years)

I am reading the affidavit made by the Mayo resident against Noonan etc, challenging the validity of the Household Charge/Tax.

Here is the link.

http://foolscrow.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/phil-hogan-summons-051212.pdf

Short and sweet media coverage on it:

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/cwkfqlgbaugb/rss2/

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

AC, I wonder do You, or anyone else, know the answer to this question?: I have been googling to find out if the Greeks/Portuguese/Spaniards/anyone else pays a HHC/PT?

I honestly don't know, but sure would be interested in the answer.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement