Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

barrackali wrote: »
    The above nonsense won't happen, it was all madness to think they could avoid the charge....isn't going to work out well for them.

They seem to think "Don't Register"...well hello...they don't need 2...the revenue will have all the details they need to charge them. The Revenue now have access to their ESB/SKY/UPC and other utility company details, all those providers will be obliged to hand over the relevant information.

The best thing is....they will have it deducted directly from their salaries if they refuse to pay up.

Don't worry your increments are protected up until the end of this year under CPA.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    So you believe we haven't been suffering the worst financial markets since the great depression or that 175,000 people have lost their jobs in the construction industry.

Where exactly did I say that?

I believe I said something along the lines of I will be taking claims of civil unrest and protests with a pinch of salt. Dont know how you missed it seeing as you quoted me in your response.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

It is no-ones business what anybody here does for a living. Indeed I know many members of the PS who have yet to pay and feel strongly about not doing so.

It isn't relevant.

Please stop with calling people out as trolls, it's flaming. Report posts.

Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭spikethedog

donalg1 wrote: »
    Where exactly did I say that?

I believe I said something along the lines of I will be taking claims of civil unrest and protests with a pinch of salt. Dont know how you missed it seeing as you quoted me in your response.

We might see civil unrest when the troika's new croke park deal is put through.
    Maybe when the public service workers have to face the reality everyone in the private sector had to face, they might take to the streets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

I see this reported on the Facebook page of the Farming Independent ... following on what Michael Healy Rae has been saying in the media over the past week or so.

But seemingly auctioneering organisations have made statements suggesting they intend to write down the value of farmhouses for property tax by "at least 50%".
    statements
    by auctioneering organisations that they will be discounting farmhouse by “at
    least” 50pc, writes Darragh McCullough

http://www.facebook.com/TheFarmingIndependent/posts/466932653363312

• Advertisement

Maybe when the public service workers have to face the reality everyone in the private sector had to face, they might take to the streets.

I have highlighted the operative word for you above, we will never see such a thing in this country, a bunch of keyboard warriors on boards is about as much as I have seen, all talk and no action, enough hot air to fill a million balloons.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

barrackali wrote: »
    The above nonsense won't happen, it was all madness to think they could avoid the charge....isn't going to work out well for them.

They seem to think "Don't Register"...well hello...they don't need 2...the revenue will have all the details they need to charge them. The Revenue now have access to their ESB/SKY/UPC and other utility company details, all those providers will be obliged to hand over the relevant information.

The best thing is....they will have it deducted directly from their salaries if they refuse to pay up.

Have the Government become money-lenders now?
    They will charge an exorbitant interest rate on a sum people cannot afford in the first place.
    They are causing the recession and making it worse all the time. Fools. You cannot tax and cut your way out of a recession.

I know a nurse and she has had two pay cuts already. She is down 16% on what she had in 2008. She has two kids in university and has many loans. Also not entitled to any grants.
    Many of her friends also cannot afford to pay the Property Tax.

Am Chile wrote: »
    I see this reported on the Facebook page of the Farming Independent ... following on what Michael Healy Rae has been saying in the media over the past week or so.

But seemingly auctioneering organisations have made statements suggesting they intend to write down the value of farmhouses for property tax by "at least 50%".

And they will be allowed to get away with it too.
    The farmers are the big Fine Gael voters and we can't have them feeling what everyone else is feeling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

No I dont Ghandee do you?

This again Ghandee, alot of conspiracy theories here today, I would imagine if the Govt were to introduce a new tax on tin foil ownership you guys would rush away from this thread and start an actual protest somewhere.;)

But obviously you know who "they" are :rolleyes: and have some evidence to back up your claims. I only want to know who around here wants to pay extra taxes?

As Pippa's arse said, I want to leave occupations out of it.

In saying that, you're a staunch supporter of the cpa and all connected to it though.

Right?

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    As Pippa's arse said, I want to leave occupations out of it.

Really could have fooled me there Ghandee seems like you were the one that brought it up, kinda confusing that someone who wants to leave jobs out of it is the very one that continuously brings it up.

In saying that, you're a staunch supporter of the cpa and all connected to it though.

Right?

Wrong.

Right?

Wrong.

Lol...

I'll let followers of this thread make up their own minds so.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=448937&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A&forum=1196

Lol...

I'll let followers of this thread make up their own minds so.

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?user=448937&date_to=&date_from=&query=%2A%3A%2A&forum=1196

Laugh all you want Ghandee but I would love to see you provide some evidence to back up your claims that I am a staunch supporter of the CPA and all connected to it. Providing a list of my posts doesnt really cut it tbh. I wouldnt think you would find me saying in any of them that I support the CPA.

Laugh all you want Ghandee but I would love to see you provide some evidence to back up your claims that I am a staunch supporter of the CPA and all connected to it. Providing a list of my posts doesnt really cut it tbh. I wouldnt think you would find me saying in any of them that I support the CPA.

I think the posts relating specifically to the CPA thread are more than enough to hang you out to dry Donal.

You keep denying it though, if you want to wait until I'm home from work and on my laptop I'll really unearth some 'evidence'.

It's obvious that the one's supporting a property tax are the ones who stand to benefit from it. There would be no other reason to so staunchly support it.
    Either public servants or working for companies with a vested interest, i.e. government contracts.
    I'll dismiss any argument about broadening the tax base, blah blah blah..... it's the same thing. Nobody could have so many posts on one internet thread and not have a vested interest in what they're supporting.

I

I think the posts relating specifically to the CPA thread are more than enough to hang you out to dry Donal.

You keep denying it though, if you want to wait until I'm home from work and on my laptop I'll really unearth some 'evidence'.

Oh please do ghandee would love to see a post from me saying I support the CPA. Can't imagine you finding one though just ghandee making stuff up again true to form though.

Oh BTW how are the protests going is the bum sore from all the sitting around at home, or fingers sore from mashing the keyboard.

In work and on boards all day tis well for some.

It's obvious that the one's promoting a property tax are the ones who stand to benefit from it. There would be no other reason to so staunchly support it.
    Either public servants or working for companies with a vested interest, i.e. government contracts.
    I'll dismiss any argument about broadening the tax base, blah blah blah..... it's the same thing. Nobody could have so many posts on one internet thread and not have a vested interest in what they're promoting.

Who are the "ones" you refer to, like I said earlier I don't think anyone here is promoting it. Why would anyone want to pay more tax?

Who are the "ones" you refer to, like I said earlier I don't think anyone here is promoting it. Why would anyone want to pay more tax?

Because they agree with and don't want to break any laws, ever?

Because they agree with and don't want to break any laws, ever?

Not wanting to break a law doesn't mean you want to pay more taxes, it means you don't want to break a law the clue is in the phrase.

Again I don't remember seeing anyone here promoting the hhc either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Spain and Portugal both have a longstanding property tax. Greece got one last year.

Thanks for the feedback Vlad.

So, Greece got one last year, same time as us, eh? Any idea what either they, or the Spaniards or the Portuguese get for their 'donation' in the form of HHC/PT?

• Advertisement

Not wanting to break a law doesn't mean you want to pay more taxes, it means you don't want to break a law the clue is in the phrase.

Yea, I changed that to "supporting" the tax.
    Some laws are made to be broken, not all laws are correct, some things need to be challenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

But surely if everybody refused to pay then it would have been finished. However people paid and now we have property tax.
    When the people who paid up straight away without a fight are giving out in a few years about constant increases in the tax ill laugh.
    We have missed our chance as a people to defeat this tax because of people who were afraid to break the law

Andrew Doyle on the VB show last night...

When challenged as to how the latest budget had any kind of negative affect on him, based on his take home pay of €100k+ per annum....

'er.... Well there's the property Tax, obviously Vincent, then there's er... Em.... That is, you see... (looks up to the heaven's begging God to help him out) ah, student thing.....'

Even tried to play down his salary! VB had to remind him that it was 92k PLUS expenses.

They aren't living in the real world.

Enda will not be impressed, botched his lines/forgot his script.

Saw that Ghandee - what an aishhole! He screwed it proper, Vinny licked the floor with Him - GOOD!

Also heard the lip Phil on Morning Ireland this morning. Where does he get this 70% compliance from? 70% = 1,330,000 households which paid, according to him. What a bull****tér!

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Saw that Ghandee - what an aishhole! He screwed it proper, Vinny licked the floor with Him - GOOD!

Also heard the lip Phil on Morning Ireland this morning. Where does he get this 70% compliance from? 70% = 1,330,000 households which paid, according to him. What a bull****tér!

See my post earlier, number 4486.

Someone asked the question. I answered.

It was me who asked Vlad, and I do appreciate You answering. I honestly didn't know one way or the other - thanks!

I have been reading the same stuff on here since last year. People talking about a tipping point, mass civil unrest, riots in the streets, burning buildings and more. And all this was supposed to have been coming in 2012, so if I am now reading that it is on its way this year I will take it with a pinch of salt.

If that's the case, why do You bother Donal? Fúck me, if a person moans about reading something over and over, why don't they just píss off?

How bloody hard is that?

flutered wrote: »
    there is a long road to travel before they have each and every householder by the short and curleys, me, i have no notion of paying it, i am fighting cancer at the moment, so the revenue can oool their heels, btw when i pass away can i not by word of mouth say who is to get my gaff, they then do as i have done, not seek title to it.

Flutered, I just want to diverse slightly here. REALLY hope all goes well for You.

BEST OF LUCK!!!

See my post earlier, number 4486.

Yes, saw it Spike. I am just home from work and answered to a submission as I came across it. It was after I saw Yours...Apologies!

Le_Dieux wrote: »

If that's the case, why do You bother Donal? Fúck me, if a person moans about reading something over and over, why don't they just píss off?

How bloody hard is that?

I'm not moaning about it I'm just pointing out the fact people having been making these silly claims for a year now. If it bothered me I wouldn't read it but it does make me laugh so ill keep reading and laughing.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Where was your protest?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement