Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I know you don't believe in democracy or law and order and all that crazy stuff. But just think for a moment. Did you ever lower your principles to apply to the state for some taxpayers money? Ever?

If you did they don't need to come calling to your door. You are on file and they will just take your money.

They will probably take everyone's money anyway whether we agree to pay or not.
    That does not make what they are doing right.
    We are actually living in a Dictatorship with the measure being forced on the people by this so-called Government who were elected on a platform of lies.
    I see the graduate nurses saw through their measures to pay 80% of the wages too. Many more people will follow suit in the future and call their bluff especially with the Water Tax and the Property Tax. People have had enough and have no more to give.
    Why should we pay for the failed gamblers.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭Mr CJ

I know you don't believe in democracy or law and order and all that crazy stuff. But just think for a moment. Did you ever lower your principles to apply to the state for some taxpayers money? Ever?

If you did they don't need to come calling to your door. You are on file and they will just take your money.

Better still as im self employed they have my account number, but when they come looking they wont find anything more than a few cent!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Aquarius34

I am on a file, whoa, is that what my purpose is on earth, pay to live and be on a file.

Keep this up, you won't like where I will go with this. Interesting response from you, very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Aquarius34 wrote: »
    I am on a file, whoa, is that what my purpose is on earth, pay to live and be on a file.

Keep this up, you won't like where I will go with this. Interesting response from you, very interesting.

You won't impress me unless you can outdo the one who is going to burn down his own house. Or the one who is going to jump off a cliff. Or the other one who is going on hunger strike. It better be good.

You won't impress me unless you can outdo the one who is going to burn down his own house. Or the one who is going to jump off a cliff. Or the other one who is going on hunger strike. It better be good.

Ok. Read this much.

Everyone is watching

Carry on, I am on file and?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Oh please don't quote him its great not having to read that nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

What about all the taxpayers money you are getting. Why should we have to pay for you? You could be a little bit grateful instead of moaning all the time.

How did you you know that I was a TD?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Ok. Read this much.

Everyone is watching

Carry on, I am on file and?

You are on file and:

118.—(1) The Minister, after consultation with any other Minister
    of the Government who, in the opinion of the Minister, is concerned
    with respect to the particular matter, may, by order, make provision,
    analogous to that made by Chapter 1, 2 or 3, as appropriate, enabling
    the Revenue Commissioners to give a direction to a Minister of the
    Government (including the Minister) or an office of the State requiring
    that the Minister of the Government or the office of the State
    deduct from sums due to any person under any enactment such
    amounts as the Revenue Commissioners specify for the purpose of
    satisfying a liability to local property tax on the part of the lastmentioned
    person.

You are on file and:

118.—(1) The Minister, after consultation with any other Minister
    of the Government who, in the opinion of the Minister, is concerned
    with respect to the particular matter, may, by order, make provision,
    analogous to that made by Chapter 1, 2 or 3, as appropriate, enabling
    the Revenue Commissioners to give a direction to a Minister of the
    Government (including the Minister) or an office of the State requiring
    that the Minister of the Government or the office of the State
    deduct from sums due to any person under any enactment such
    amounts as the Revenue Commissioners specify for the purpose of
    satisfying a liability to local property tax on the part of the lastmentioned
    person.

And who wrote that?

Do you think I allow these words affect my reality?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Latest report from the 'what's left tracker' from the Irish league of credit unions makes interesting reading.

Released this morning it reports that:
    Results Of The Final ILCU 2012 'What’s Left' Tracker

Media Release: 17 January 2013

61% of respondents say they have €100 or less left at the end of the month once essential bills are paid

1.59 million left with €50 or less at the end of the month once the essential bills have been paid.

56% of the adult population believe that the worst is yet to come in terms of financial hardship this year

1.59 million are now left with €50 after paying their essential bills each month, that's down from the previous €100:eek::

It's time some folk in govt (and this thread) copped themselves on to fcuk. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to some suit wearing govt/revenue A-hole ringing my doorbell now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

And who wrote that?

Really?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Ghandee wrote: »
    Latest report from the 'what's left tracker' from the Irish league of credit unions makes interesting reading.

1.59 million are now left with €50 after paying their essential bills each month, that's down from the previous €100:eek::

It's time some folk in govt (and this thread) copped themselves on to fcuk. :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to some suit wearing govt/revenue A-hole ringing my doorbell now.

€50... I wonder how they will try and tax that away from us, the credit unions should be saying people have €- or €0 left after paying "essential taxes"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Wonder how they define "essential bills"? Does your Sky+HD bill and your broadband get included in this calculation? :pac:

Wonder how they define "essential bills"? Does your Sky+HD bill and your broadband get included in this calculation? :pac:

Doesn't look like it.
    Two-fifths of adults have had to sacrifice spending on other household items such as food and entertainment to pay energy bills.

Working adults have emerged as among those most financially put-upon, according to the survey that was conducted by iReach among 1,000 adults in December.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/16-million-of-us-have-just-50-left-at-end-of-the-month-3355777.html

They can't ignore the harsh realities forever.

Hate to repeat it, but you can't take knickers off a bare arse.

Doesn't look like it.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/16-million-of-us-have-just-50-left-at-end-of-the-month-3355777.html

They can't ignore the harsh realities forever.

Hate to repeat it, but you can't take knickers off a bare arse.

Again, define "entertainment". Are people so hard up that they have to sacrifice coke and hookers to pay their bills?? :eek:

Again, define "entertainment". Are people so hard up that they have to sacrifice coke and hookers to pay their bills?? :eek:

Mocking 1.6 million people unlucky enough to find themselves in poverty.

Well done you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Another of the people who believe you can always afford to pay more tax once you have broadband.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

Bruthal wrote: »
    Another of the people who believe you can always afford to pay more tax once you have broadband.

Or a mortgage

[...]
    Using 1.6 million people unlucky enough to find themselves in poverty to justify your own wrongdoing.

Well done you.

• Advertisement

dvpower wrote: »
    Using 1.6 million people unlucky enough to find themselves in poverty to justify your own wrongdoing.

Well done you.

Care to elaborate on that one?

Using 1.6 million people unlucky enough to find themselves in poverty
    The display of empathy there, very unusual in people unaffected by the possible hardship of others, and who judge their actions due to it.
    Well done you.

Mocking 1.6 million people unlucky enough to find themselves in poverty.

Well done you.

Hyperbole, much?

This report does nothing more than show how terrible Irish people are at budgeting.

Hyperbole, much?

This report does nothing more than show how terrible Irish people are at budgeting.

Is it possible that the difficulty of budgeting is inversely proportional to the level of available funds?

Care to elaborate on that one?
    Aren't you in breach of Section 5 of the 2011 Local Government (Household Charge) Act.

You probably don't see it as wrongdoing.

Hyperbole, much?

Some people find it tough budgeting on ever fluctuating wage and salaries.

Others, this isn't so tough on, what with increments etc.

So, to sum it up, you're sneering at folk who have very limited control, or knowledge of what their future financial circumstances are?

We've reached a new low it seems.

Aren't you in breach of Section 5 of the 2011 Local Government (Household Charge) Act.

You probably don't see it as wrongdoing.

Govt tell me 'fill in a form'.

I ask govt what do I get for filing it in?

They say 'your details added to a data base to extort money from you'.

I tell govt 'piss off'.

Section 5 me hole.

I tell govt 'piss off'.
    Good man yourself.

Good man yourself.

The govt should start taxing lube to the hilt.

Judging by the unquestionable willingness by some of you lot, the bend over and take it attitude, would have us well on the way to recovery by now.

• Advertisement

So, to sum it up, you're sneering at folk who have very limited control, or knowledge of what their future financial circumstances are?
    To sum up, the pro "tax people until they have to cancel the sky sub", just like like enda and crew, tell us we have to make sacrifices. And in common with enda and co, have to sacrifice little or nothing themselves.

Example...
    Bruthal wrote: »
    I have a feeling he wont have much problem.(with extra taxes and reduced income)
    :)

Quite clearly saying it wont affect me, fuck everyone else.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement