Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 425 ✭✭barrackali

Am Chile wrote: »

Section 12 provides that the Revenue Commissioners are not
    required to establish ownership of a residential property for the
    purposes of administering the tax or enforcing the provisions of the
    Act.

I was aware of this, many in here seem to be trying their best not to believe it exists. They will all end up paying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

id be surprised if even FG stooped so low as to take property tax from Childrens allowance. what next, robbing the coins from a dead mans eyes?

bgrizzley wrote: »
    id be surprised if even FG stooped so low as to take property tax from Childrens allowance. what next, robbing the coins from a dead mans eyes?

If some people won't pay, then the government will use any measures they have to....it will be just taken at your source of income.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

barrackali wrote: »
    If some people won't pay, then the government will use any measures they have to....it will be just taken at your source of income.

Mmm self employed, no income, no welfare, no pay, should I sell my house that I have worked 35 years to buy? During that time I have paid all taxes etc and have not cost the state a penny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

That's a bold, brazen and assertive statement. Care to back it up with proof?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Section 12 provides that the Revenue Commissioners are not
    required to establish ownership of a residential property for the
    Act.

Oh lads, thats it now so, we better pay up :rolleyes:

Explain what that means exactlly lol?

(now, I'm no lawyer but bear with me)

'Not required to establish ownership of a residential property for the
    Act'

Would that mean, they dont have to prove who owns a house to put the value of the tax on it? Much like a car, based on its engine size/fuel/emissions etc will automatically have a tax band assigned to it, the authorities dont need to find out who actually owns the car, just that if you go to tax it thats what will be owed?

Or will it be similar to the 'Dear Home owner, our records show no tv license has been purchased for this property' blah blah blah....

They do not know who owns every tv in the country either, but I'll bet the €160 license fee still applies to them.

That the height of their 'threats' ? LOL tbh.

They might not need to establish the owner of the house to place the tax on it, but as an educated guess here, they will have to establish the owner to be able to issue a summons to court/deduct from source etc etc etc.

Nothing but regurgitated BS once again from someone that seems to have a very vested interest in this tax.

(If its any consolation to you, your post pleased your master though;))

More wind and piss from 'the dictatorship' , if I could afford boots I would quake within them :)

Ghandee wrote: »
    Oh lads, thats it now so, we better pay up :rolleyes:

Explain what that means exactlly lol?

(now, I'm no lawyer but bear with me)

'Not required to establish ownership of a residential property for the
    Act'

Would that mean, they dont have to prove who owns a house to put the value of the tax on it? Much like a car, based on its engine size/fuel/emissions etc will automatically have a tax band assigned to it, the authorities dont need to find out who actually owns the car, just that if you go to tax it thats what will be owed?

Or will it be similar to the 'Dear Home owner, our records show no tv license has been purchased for this property' blah blah blah....

They do not know who owns every tv in the country either, but I'll bet the €160 license fee still applies to them.

That the height of their 'threats' ? LOL tbh.

They might not need to establish the owner of the house to place the tax on it, but as an educated guess here, they will have to establish the owner to be able to issue a summons to court/deduct from source etc etc etc.

Nothing but regurgitated BS once again from someone that seems to have a very vested interest in this tax.

(If its any consolation to you, your post pleased your master though;))

As I said Ghandee, I just cannot figure out if dx is Kenny, Noonan, or that backstabber posing as a leader of the LP. He'll deny it until he's blue in the face, so Your guess is as good as mine.

tax on childrens shoes anyone, anyone?:D

tax on childrens shoes anyone, anyone?:D

THE VERY thing which sank FG many years ago!!! Seems history WILL be repeating itself.

EK.....WAKE UP & smell the roses while You still can!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

They don't need anything. They can just raise an assessment against you based on their best available information.
    You can appeal that assessment if you want, but then you need to provide evidence as to why the assessment is wrong.
    If you fail to pay the tax assessed or if you fail to win an appeal, they don't need to establish if the basis of the assessment was correct in the first place in order to collect the tax - the CG will just enforce the collection, they don't need to care why it was assessed in the first place.

Obviously you can disregard this information or lol at it if you want, but that doesn't change the facts.

dvpower wrote: »
    They don't need anything. They can just raise an assessment against you based on their best available information.
    You can appeal that assessment if you want, but then you need to provide evidence as to why the assessment is wrong.
    If you fail to pay the tax assessed or if you fail to win an appeal, they don't need to establish if the basis of the assessment was correct in the first place in order to collect the tax - the CG will just enforce the collection, they don't need to care why it was assessed in the first place.

Obviously you can disregard this information or lol at it if you want, but that doesn't change the facts.

Lol, seeing as they don't know who owns what or can be arsed to send out a detailed invoice to anyone, can't see it happening,

Reminds me of the embarrassing anti-bin tax protest, they can lol all they like. This tax isn't going to magically disappear.

Oh yeah, they'll have to do that to 700,000 people?

Should take them what? 1000 investigations a year would be good going from our trusted PS, so 700 years?

Get the boat DV, they can threaten me, they can scaremonger, they'll still get the same reply from me, FCUK OFF!

How will they enforce collection from me, just so I'm clear on that one?

Will they hold me by the ankles, turn me upside down and shake the coppers from my denims lol?:D

I think the time might have come for me to call accounts in my work, tell the girls to start paying into my First trust account in Maghera, tax my income at source in Derry.

You're talking a pile of steamy piss. Threats will work on some folk, they dont work on this person here though. I'm pretty sure there are thousands beside me in the queue.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Big Bad Phil

So you don't believe the Credit Union reports?
    http://www.thejournal.ie/whats-left-over-1-million-adults-have-less-than-e50-after-bills-418778-Apr2012/

You haven't noticed the increase in Soup Kitchens (i work in one)?
    http://www.independent.ie/national-news/irelands-new-poor-join-queue-for-food-parcels-2434282.html

You haven't spoke to teachers who are saying that kids are coming to school with poor lunches and often have no books?
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0417/survey-finds-increase-in-children-reporting-hunger.html

You haven't seen the rise in mortgage arrears?
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/1213/breaking16.html

You haven't read about people who cannot afford to visit their doctor or buy medicine?
    http://www.irishhealth.com/article.html?id=17621

Do you want me to go on or are you convinced that all the above are bluffing or exaggerating?
    Really donal you should get out and about and stop listening to propaganda.

More waffle if people are suffering to the hype you claim them out to be why wont they come out and protest hmm.

Reminds me of the embarrassing anti-bin tax protest, they can lol all they like. This tax isn't going to magically disappear.

You should look up what happened the last time they attempted to reintroduce water charges so.

Not a clue.:rolleyes:

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    As I said Ghandee, I just cannot figure out if dx is Kenny, Noonan, or that backstabber posing as a leader of the LP. He'll deny it until he's blue in the face, so Your guess is as good as mine.

Might be the bogey revene man?

Maybe its Postman Pat?

We'll never know sadly:(

More waffle if people are suffering to the hype you claim them out to be why wont they come out and protest hmm.

Welcome back Phil.

Do much riding over in Doha did you?

Seen your wee trophy in your arms in the paper;)

You seem to have knowledge no one else has, Barrackali.

I asked You in post # 4837 to provide PROOF of the very strong statement You made in post # 4835.

STILL awaiting that proof!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

In English, please.

• Advertisement

Oh yeah, they'll have to do that to 700,000 people?
    They raise millions of tax assessments every year. Shouldn't be a problem.
    Should take them what? 1000 investigations a year would be good going from our trusted PS, so 700 years?
    You weren't paying attention. There doesn't need to be Revenue investigations. They just raise the assessment and collect the tax. Simples. Its what they do every day, quite successfully.
    Get the boat DV, they can threaten me, they can scaremonger, they'll still get the same reply from me, FCUK OFF!
    ' suppose that's one kind of plan.

Welcome back Phil.

Do much riding over in Doha did you?

Seen your wee trophy in your arms in the paper;)

Jaysus, he HAS been gone a GOOD while, must have been some snapper eh:pac:

They raise millions of tax assessments every year. Shouldn't be a problem.

You weren't paying attention. There doesn't need to be Revenue investigations. They just raise the assessment and collect the tax. Simples. Its what they do every day, quite successfully.

' suppose that's one kind of plan.

the black economy loses the state E5000000000 (5 Billion) in tax every year, if they cant track down that how are they going to track down 70 million in E100's?
    Pmsl'ing

the black economy loses the state E5000000000 (5 Billion) in tax every year, if they cant track down that how are they going to track down 70 million in E100's?
    Pmsl'ing
    Granted we do have a bit of a problem with tax evasion in this country - sure some people are willing to proudly proclaim their evasion in public, but I don't see the Property tax being much of a problem to collect; its pretty difficult to hide a house.

Granted we do have a bit of a problem with tax evasion in this country - sure some people are willing to proudly proclaim their evasion in public, but I don't see the Property tax being much of a problem to collect; its pretty difficult to hide a house.

Leave Fidelma out of this discussion for now.

Leave Fidelma out of this discussion for now.

Ghandee, I have dv on my ignore list. Wonder if You could ask Noonan ( think dv & noonan are one and the same ) if he is branding us non payers as tax evaders? I think he should be reprimanded by now - calling names!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Yes we do live in a democracy much as you despise it. Individual citizens like you and me do not get to decide which taxes are a tax too far. Owning private property and earnestly opposing property tax still does not put you above the law. And like the other tax evaders here you won't be coming along to make good the deductions from Child Benefit or whatever which will surely follow for those that you persuade that it is a tax too far. And they won't be coming to your aid if you are caught first.

And yes it did not cause me any hardship to pay €100 last March which will see me through to next July.

You will get a lovely pat on the back from Darcy and the boys at the next meeting when you tell them all that :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

How will they enforce collection from me, just so I'm clear on that one?

Will they hold me by the ankles, turn me upside down and shake the coppers from my denims lol?:D

They will put a charge over the house, so that in the event that the house is sold, they'll be near the top of the queue to get the proceeds (second to the bank), ahead of even you.

If you manage to pay your mortgage off, you won't be able to fully discharge the mortgage until Revenue are paid.

And in the meantime, they'll happily add interest and penalties on to the bill.

I was aware of this, many in here seem to be trying their best not to believe it exists. They will all end up paying.

Blood, stone, frog, feathers etc.

• Advertisement

What ?? How do they know where my biscuit tins are hidden ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement