Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Mod

It is no-ones business what anybody here does for a living. Indeed I know many members of the PS who have yet to pay and feel strongly about not doing so.

It isn't relevant.

Please stop with calling people out as trolls, it's flaming. Report posts.

Thanks.

Following on from this mod warning. It didn't stop by some so expect infractions/bans.

This whole thread is coming very close to being put down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭LeftBlank

Am Chile wrote: »
    And like the other tax evaders here you won't be coming along to make good the deductions from Child Benefit or whatever which will surely follow for those that you persuade that it is a tax too far. And they won't be coming to your aid if you are caught first.

QUOTE]

As threatening as it sounds to people they will deduct from child benefit/they will deduct from other areas at source -there is still hundreds of thousands of people not registered-which they to have to find and secondly prove they actually own a property- going through esb bills/records and finding someones name on a esb bill won,t be enough in itself to prove property ownership-as an esb bill could be in a tenants name-anyone who registered made it very easy for Revenue to deduct from their wages/social welfare as people would of registered their prsi number with registering oneself as the owner of a property.

When purchasing a house, you have to provide your PPSN to Revenue. They already have a list of all homeowners in the country so don't need to do any digging.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

More waffle if people are suffering to the hype you claim them out to be why wont they come out and protest hmm.

Hello Alestair:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

When a government takes great care in the wording of legislation that makes it completely possible to financially rape the citizens of a country while doing nothing to investigate, incarcerate or even impliment legislation to prevent more devious financial goings on either by the fat cats, politicians and there buddy's you know the agenda is not to create a financially stable country.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

LeftBlank wrote: »

When purchasing a house, you have to provide your PPSN to Revenue. They already have a list of all homeowners in the country so don't need to do any digging.

No they haven't.
    If they did we would have received bills by now but they don't know where to send them obviously.
    Maybe you could provide a link to substantiate you're claim if you believe it.
    I don't believe they have Am Cheile.

• Advertisement

Thread closed for review. May not re open.

Mod

Do not call people out as trolls or re-reg's please. Report.

Do not keep on harping on about what people believe or work at. There are 25,000 posts on this subject over three seperate threads, feel feel to qoute from any of those to make a point. It's creepy to stalk people across other fora or use data in their profile.

The stupid digs and double teaming is tiresome, stop it please.

A few posters infracted. From here on it, it is straight thread ban.

Think very very carefully before you post.

Fair warning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Still not paying.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

They will put a charge over the house, so that in the event that the house is sold, they'll be near the top of the queue to get the proceeds (second to the bank), ahead of even you.

If you manage to pay your mortgage off, you won't be able to fully discharge the mortgage until Revenue are paid.

And in the meantime, they'll happily add interest and penalties on to the bill.

No better than thieves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

They already have a list of all homeowners in the country so don't need to do any digging.

If its anything like the fiasco that the LGMA was at, should bring in quite an amount of money for the exchequer, what with placing a property tax on dead people, look at all the graveyard's in the country that they may place a tax on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

Mod

Do not call people out as trolls or re-reg's please. Report.

Do not keep on harping on about what people believe or work at. There are 25,000 posts on this subject over three seperate threads, feel feel to qoute from any of those to make a point. It's creepy to stalk people across other fora or use data in their profile.

The stupid digs and double teaming is tiresome, stop it please.

A few posters infracted. From here on it, it is straight thread ban.

Think very very carefully before you post.

Fair warning.

pippa's arse....are you GOD here ?....you are threatening to halt this after nearly 25,000 posts ?....are you serious ?....if you do then I am gone from boards.ie for good, this thread was the only reason i joined boards.ie in the first place.
    What is so wrong with asking someone what they work at ?....what is so horrible about that ?....ffs we are all adults, the nanny state is all too powerful in this crap country, please don't make it any worse.

Finally, as this could be my last post here (I may get a thread ban or thread could be "put down" !!! ) I just want to wish all anti property tax posters on here the very best for the future, keep up the good fight, we will win.....god help this pitiful nation if the sheep win....IZZY

They will put a charge over the house, so that in the event that the house is sold, they'll be near the top of the queue to get the proceeds (second to the bank), ahead of even you.

If you manage to pay your mortgage off, you won't be able to fully discharge the mortgage until Revenue are paid.

And in the meantime, they'll happily add interest and penalties on to the bill.

"They will put a charge over the house".....I thought they were going to take it at source ? ....WHICH IS IT ????????

"you won't be able to fully discharge the mortgage until Revenue are paid".....bull****e....link please ?

REALITY CHECK FOR ALL PRO TAXERS....THIS GOVERNMENT WON'T LAST THE FULL TERM, IF THEY DO, THEY ARE OUT NEXT TIME...THE PROPERTY TAX IS ON DEATH ROW !!!!!!...tick tock tick tock...:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    "They will put a charge over the house".....I thought they were going to take it at source ? ....WHICH IS IT ????????

"you won't be able to fully discharge the mortgage until Revenue are paid".....bull****e....link please ?

Its all in this useful faq I posted earlier

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/lpt/lpt-faqs.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

No better than thieves.
    True enough - but some of them just can't afford it.

dvpower wrote: »
    Its all in this useful faq I posted earlier

http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/lpt/lpt-faqs.pdf[/QUOTE]

thanks DV....must say you are a great man for the govt. related links .....hmmmm.....anyway, I am still not going to pay, any forms i get from revenue are going straight into the bin, don't worry about me, I know the "consequences" , but the "consequences" of signing up to this are worse....you do realise there will be a massive backlash against this don't you ? ....plus plenty of challenges in court.
    I like the idea of td's looking over their shoulders every time they venture out...he he....regards....izzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Le_Dieux wrote: »

What's your point?

juan.kerr wrote: »
    What's your point?

My point is this: We have a government begging it's electorate to pay the HHC/PT. They are supposed to lead by example, yet here we are, charity shops being charged property rates while FG get off scot free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

My point is this: We have a government begging it's electorate to pay the HHC/PT. They are supposed to lead by example, yet here we are, charity shops being charged property rates while FG get off scot free.

If charities can afford to pay their bosses hundreds of thousands (which they do), they can afford to pay their rates.

Politicians should also pay them for their offices.

juan.kerr wrote: »
    If charities can afford to pay their bosses hundreds of thousands (which they do), they can afford to pay their rates.

Politicians should also pay them for their offices.

I totally agree with You.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table At which he's fed.

Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for peanuts Anyway!

Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants, Tax his coat.

Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he Tries to think.

Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways To tax his ass.

Tax all he has Then let him know That you won't be done Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers; Then tax him some more, Tax him till He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in Which he's laid.

When he's gone, Do not relax, It's time to apply The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax Airline surcharge tax Airline Fuel Tax Airport Maintenance Tax Building Permit Tax Cigarette Tax Cooking Tax Corporate Income Tax Goods and Services Tax (GST) Death Tax Driving Permit Tax Environmental Tax (Fee) Excise Taxes Income Tax Fishing License Tax Food License Tax Petrol Tax (too much per litre) Gross Receipts Tax Health Tax Heating Tax Inheritance Tax Interest Tax Lighting Tax Liquor Tax Luxury Taxes Marriage License Tax Medicare Tax Mortgage Tax Pension Tax Personal Income Tax Property Tax Poverty Tax Prescription Drug Tax Real Estate Tax Recreational Vehicle Tax Retail Sales Tax Service Charge Tax School Tax Telephone Tax Value Added Tax Vehicle License Registration Tax Vehicle Sales Tax Water Tax Workers Compensation Tax Tax (VAT) on Tax.

Tax the family home.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Tax his land, Tax his bed, Tax the table At which he's fed.

Tax his work, Tax his pay, He works for peanuts Anyway!

Tax his cow, Tax his goat, Tax his pants, Tax his coat.

Tax his tobacco, Tax his drink, Tax him if he Tries to think.

Tax his car, Tax his gas, Find other ways To tax his ass.

Tax all he has Then let him know That you won't be done Till he has no dough.

When he screams and hollers; Then tax him some more, Tax him till He's good and sore.

Then tax his coffin, Tax his grave, Tax the sod in Which he's laid.

When he's gone, Do not relax, It's time to apply The inheritance tax.

Accounts Receivable Tax Airline surcharge tax Airline Fuel Tax Airport Maintenance Tax Building Permit Tax Cigarette Tax Cooking Tax Corporate Income Tax Goods and Services Tax (GST) Death Tax Driving Permit Tax Environmental Tax (Fee) Excise Taxes Income Tax Fishing License Tax Food License Tax Petrol Tax (too much per litre) Gross Receipts Tax Health Tax Heating Tax Inheritance Tax Interest Tax Lighting Tax Liquor Tax Luxury Taxes Marriage License Tax Medicare Tax Mortgage Tax Pension Tax Personal Income Tax Property Tax Poverty Tax Prescription Drug Tax Real Estate Tax Recreational Vehicle Tax Retail Sales Tax Service Charge Tax School Tax Telephone Tax Value Added Tax Vehicle License Registration Tax Vehicle Sales Tax Water Tax Workers Compensation Tax Tax (VAT) on Tax.

Tax the family home.

And in the meantime, those that want to tax the crap out of You pay NO rates on their own business properties.

This country is CORRUPT!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

dvpower wrote: »
    Granted we do have a bit of a problem with tax evasion in this country - sure some people are willing to proudly proclaim their evasion in public, but I don't see the Property tax being much of a problem to collect; its pretty difficult to hide a house.

its pretty difficult to hide a lorry with a tankard of laundered diesel in it too, but they are flying up and down the country dishing it out .
    theres 300 million Euros PA right there.

its also pretty hard to hide containers of fags, yet they are coming into our ports every day. (or do we have so many ports they are unpoliceable!!!)
    theres 420 million Euros PA

All this shower of incompetent nincompoops have done is turn 700,000 law abiding citizens into tax evaders over E100, and watered down the effectiveness of the Revenue who are already in a losing battle with real tax evaders.
    Good going Enda and Phil!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0131/cigarettes.html

http://www.thejournal.ie/laundered-diesel-fuel-costing-state-up-to-e300million-a-year-239733-Sep2011/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

Earth. What planet are you on?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭apache

i haven't paid yet.

my management fees cost e1,650 per year. i struggle to pay them. if i didn't have them i would probably pay the property tax. but i feel i'm already being rode three ways from saturday. people don't pay their fees and the place goes downhill.

but the difference is when i bought my apartment i signed a legally binding document to pay them. i pay my tv licence etc but this really galls me. i pay more in my wages to suffice the tax need.

what really annoys me is that the government in its wisdom decided to sell social housing in the same units - a massive amount during the downturn. not one of those units has to pay management fees or property tax. people on social have to contribute - end of. you can't keep taking from the tax payers.

their disposable income is more than mine at this stage!

I heard on the six o'clock news this evening.....

You will not be able to place your television on done deal/gumtree/adverts.ie etc unless you can produce viable proof that you had paid your license fee from time of purchase.

License fee = €160
    HHC fee = €100.

May/may not be true. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

A video doing the rounds of facebook-Joan burton attended a conference in waterford the other night, she was greeted by protesters waiting for her outside who gave her a nice warm welcome when she arrived-needs to be a lot more of these protests when people get wind a government td or minister is in town for a conference or a visit, they need to be warmly welcomed by a large crowd of people to let them know what people think of their asuterity polices.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151440526828055

A video doing the rounds of facebook-Joan burton attended a conference in waterford the other night, she was greeted by protesters waiting for her outside who gave her a nice warm welcome when she arrived-needs to be a lot more of these protests when people get wind a government td or minister is in town for a conference or a visit, they need to be warmly welcomed by a large crowd of people to let them know what people think of their asuterity polices.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151440526828055

Looks like the page was removed AC.

FG and their censors got there first.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Ghandee wrote: »
    Looks like the page was removed AC.

FG and their censors got there first.

Strange if you can,t view the video, i was able to view it perfectly on that facebook page, Il try download the video and upload it as an attachment here for people to watch.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement