Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭pitkan

I see our local Council were up to their usual tricks on Saturday. They promptly hired a contractor to pump out the blocked shores after the areas were flooded the night before.
    Glad to see the compliant ones 100 euro is being abused as usual.

Ghandee wrote: »
    Looks like the page was removed AC.

FG and their censors got there first.

Link worked for me Ghandee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Hi Ghandee if you click on this facebook page and scroll down a bit-the video of protesters greeting Joan Burton in waterford, was posted on their page yesterday evening.

http://www.facebook.com/Ireland.Change?fref=ts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

pitkan wrote: »
    I see our local Council were up to their usual tricks on Saturday. They promptly hired a contractor to pump out the blocked shores after the areas were flooded the night before.
    Promptly unblocking blocked shores is abuse how?

Am Chile wrote: »
    A video doing the rounds of facebook-Joan burton attended a conference in waterford the other night, she was greeted by protesters waiting for her outside who gave her a nice warm welcome when she arrived-needs to be a lot more of these protests when people get wind a government td or minister is in town for a conference or a visit, they need to be warmly welcomed by a large crowd of people to let them know what people think of their asuterity polices.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151440526828055

She didn't seem too fazed by it.

You live in a scary world where FG have the ability to take down other peoples Facebook pages.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Hi Ghandee if you click on this facebook page and scroll down a bit-the video of protesters greeting Joan Burton in waterford, was posted on their page yesterday evening.

http://www.facebook.com/Ireland.Change?fref=ts

See it now.

More of these rousing receptions need to be organised.

I would be in strong favour of mass pickets/protests outside of ministers/TD's personal residences also.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Looking at it right now Ghandee on IE. Here's the link I am using: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10151440526828055

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Is that not wastage, Pitkan? Surely ALL councils have means for unblocking drains? What part of the country You in? Reason for me asking is I was out in North Wicklow on Friday, and they had SERIOUS flooding in areas around Bray/Enniskerry.

dvpower wrote: »
    Promptly unblocking blocked shores is abuse how?

What ever you say, dv.

If the Council were doing their job properly then the shores would not be blocked.

Simple?

Simple?
    Yes. All too predictably.

• Advertisement

You live in a scary world where FG have the ability to take down other peoples Facebook pages.

No scarier a world than yours, a man who lives his life by virtue of laws and regulations no matter how unjust, seemingly afraid to stand up and proclaim when something is clearly wrong.

Wouldn't surprise me if you got your daddy to help you out on these threads:pac:

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Is that not wastage, Pitkan? Surely ALL councils have means for unblocking drains? What part of the country You in? Reason for me asking is I was out in North Wicklow on Friday, and they had SERIOUS flooding in areas around Bray/Enniskerry.

I'm in the general Wicklow area and the flooding issue seems to have been Countywide.

No scarier a world than yours, a man who lives his life by virtue of laws and regulations no matter how unjust, seemingly afraid to stand up and proclaim when something is clearly wrong.
    I don't think the HHC/LPT is wrong. I support it.
    I thought that much was clear by now.
    Wouldn't surprise me if you got your daddy to help you out on these threads:pac:
    Sorry, I don't understand that reference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Id say that made you smile with pride

Bruthal wrote: »
    Id say that made you smile with pride
    Meh. I'm not bothered either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Meh. I'm not bothered either way.

You`re unpredictable today, I was expecting the smiley face reply:)

Bruthal wrote: »
    You`re unpredictable today, I was expecting the smiley face reply:)
    I'm still training in the guy who does my late shift. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

That's be because none of our protests effect there salaries and pensions, why would any of them give a **** what hardship the people endure when all they have to do is smile and walk straight past them.

I don't give a **** about people is writen all over her maggoty face.

Hijpo wrote: »
    That's be because none of our protests effect there salaries and pensions, why would any of them give a **** what hardship the people endure when all they have to do is smile and walk straight past them.

I don't give a **** about people is writen all over her maggoty face.

That's exactly why I believe mass pickets and protests should be brought to the front doors of their own homes.

They have all got their beady little eyes on our properties after all. One or two protests and the govt would cave in, I'm certain of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,926 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

That's exactly why I believe mass pickets and protests should be brought to the front doors of their own homes.

They have all got their beady little eyes on our properties after all. One or two protests and the govt would cave in, I'm certain of it.

Dermot Ahern certainly didn't like it when it happened at his house.

• Advertisement

One or two protests and the govt would cave in, I'm certain of it.

You should organise some of these protests - put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.

You should organise some of these protests - put your money where your mouth is, so to speak.

Touched a nerve?

The threat of protests outside their own homes (ironic, I know), seems to be one of the very few 'protests' that gets them jittery.

Cowards.

Touched a nerve?

The threat of protests outside their own homes (ironic, I know), seems to be one of the very few 'protests' that gets them jittery.

Cowards.
    No. Seriously. I think you should organise it. You seem pretty confident that it would be very effective.

Let me know when you've set a date.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

No. Seriously. I think you should organise it. You seem pretty confident that it would be very effective.

Let me know when you've set a date.

The suggestion to picket their homes clearly touches a nerve with you Dv-I made a similar suggestion last summer- your own very words which gives it away the mere suggestion touches a nerve with you for some reason or other.

What
    possible reason could there be to choose to protest outside the family home
    rather that their constituency offices, except to get at them through their
    families. Its a disgraceful tactic that I hope the cahwt don't pursue.
    [/QUOTE

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=79784946&postcount=4918

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Cmon now lads, a man once said "All Irish people believe that a man's house is his castle" that was right before he said "It is morally unjust and unfair to tax a person's home"

The suggestion to picket their homes clearly touches a nerve with you Dv-I made a similar suggestion last summer- your own very words which gives it away the mere suggestion touches a nerve with you for some reason or other.
    I dunno why ye are so interested in my nerves all of a sudden. :confused:

You'd be better served touching the nerves of the people who are actually making decisions about the LPT, and picketing private homes would certainly up the ante.
    But, as you say, you suggested it last summer but you didn't act on it. Maybe yourself and Ghandee can get together and put your words into actions.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for this new phase of your glorious campaign to kick off.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I was going to suggest that someone (not me obviously) organise pickets of compliant taxpayers at Sinn Fein politicians homes to protest at their hypocracy. Gerry Adams even denied that there is a property tax in the North while the agencies of his government there tell us that there is. And SF are not going to move to repeal it.

But then I thought to myself this would be a very dangerous thing to ask people to do so I mentally scrapped the idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Like the mass pickets and protests that were supposed to happen last year. Deja vu much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭Cathyht

Yes we do live in a democracy much as you despise it. Individual citizens like you and me do not get to decide which taxes are a tax too far. Owning private property and earnestly opposing property tax still does not put you above the law. And like the other tax evaders here you won't be coming along to make good the deductions from Child Benefit or whatever which will surely follow for those that you persuade that it is a tax too far. And they won't be coming to your aid if you are caught first.

And yes it did not cause me any hardship to pay €100 last March which will see me through to next July.

Live in a democracy much as I despise it? Me despise democracy? You are not allowed to make such an inaccurate leap and put words in my mouth. I and the many other people prepared to hold back and challenge this tax, are a part of this democracy. More people have not paid than have. Do you even have the intellect to deduct what that means in a democracy?

You are so foolish if you think I don't see through you, you are immediately on my block list. I cannot give your moronic, inaccurate comments any credence. Even your crude, simplistic debate style is transparent. You are pro this tax because you have an agenda which benefits you personally. And not the general good will for all we're reputed to benefit from by paying every penny we have to tax.

You and the likes are sucking the life from people via their taxes one way or another, it is so blatant. Do not put words in my mouth you traitorous blackheart, or underestimate my intelligence. I am fully supporting of democracy. I demand you take that comment back on this thread, to prove that there is not inconsistent moderating on this board.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

I dunno why ye are so interested in my nerves all of a sudden. :confused:

You'd be better served touching the nerves of the people who are actually making decisions about the LPT, and picketing private homes would certainly up the ante.
    But, as you say, you suggested it last summer but you didn't act on it. Maybe yourself and Ghandee can get together and put your words into actions.

I'm on the edge of my seat waiting for this new phase of your glorious campaign to kick off.

Being on the edge of your seat is further than most round here have got when it comes to actually protesting

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement