Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

darkhorse wrote: »
    I just could'nt let this go. I had to come to come back to it.
    OK, Yaker, I want you to be straight with me. I want you to explain to me here on this thread, why, in your opinion,(if it is indeed your opinion, it certainly reads that way) a citizen of this country has not got a right to take a minister to court, whatever the case is about. And are you saying the citizens have no rights.

And why is he/she an eejit for bringing a minister to court?

A few pages ago, I asked Barrackali a question ( to give a source for a claim he/she made), only for him/her to disappear. Hopefully, You won't disappear and You will answer the above questions.

Well, I guess this is where this thread dies a slow death...sad!

It seems the pro ( or certain members) go and make assertive statements and when they are asked for source, they disappear, ala barrackali & MadYaker. We also have had the donal's making statements and now they are ( apparently) banned they can't back up their statements. Also Kevin whom I got to know, and respect for His dogged and brave stance on, what I perceive as, the nonsense spewing from certain quarters, coupled with what for me is the most UNJUST tax in this country.

Anyhow, now that 3 are banned during the past week, and that coupled with Gerry0777 ( still feel we have a right to know why He was banned!!!), I think it's time to bid all adieu here. The heart & soul has been ripped from this thread...which is probably the largest thread since Boards inception. And if there is one person on the pro side whom I hope is okay it's Lugha.

And to Flutered, beat the áss out of that big fúcking C

Oh well.........................Isn't it a pity this mega thread has come down to this, and basically fallen at what I can only say is the 'final hurdle'.

Best of LUCK Folk...and that's to both sides!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

spygirl wrote: »
    I'm not advocating what anyone else should or shouldn't do. Just what I'm doing and why.
    My mother is someone who couldn't afford to pay the 100 euros over the 12 months. My father bought our home when we were children. Sadly he died many years ago. It was bought from the council/corporation and payments on it will last until my mother is in her seventies. Not that much longer in other words.

She gets a widows pension, thats it. She pays her home loan, bills etc from that. it's her only source of income. She never drank, doesn't smoke and never goes on holidays due to ill health. A few day trips away with a ladies group are about it. She couldn't afford it last year even if she wanted to.

She pays bin charges and everything else. Although tough on her when we were growing up, still not as tough as some others are having it now. We may not all want to hear it but some people will find this another bill they can't afford.

Not advising what people should or shouldn't do, each to their own. Sorry if that wasn't made clear at the start.

my symphatys to mother, but unfortunatly is is not alone, i am in the same boat which is why i am going to fight to the bitter end, also to quote my late mother let the last half hour be the hardest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭hju6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Well, I guess this is where this thread dies a slow death.

Yeah, I hear ya, especially since Three of the most aticulate posters have been banned from the thread at the same time.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I hear ya, especially since Three of the most aticulate posters have been banned from the thread at the same time.

Am still around DH:-)

Whatever we feel about the 2 D's, surely we/us would be in agreement on Ghandee? I miss His input.

That is ( as far as I am aware) the 3 who were banned at the same time. And of course, that other thing -dv/noonan - well, he has just disappeared. All the pro diatribe left to dx now....oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

OK, Yaker, I want you to be straight with me. I want you to explain to me here on this thread, why, in your opinion,(if it is indeed your opinion, it certainly reads that way) a citizen of this country has not got a right to take a minister to court, whatever the case is about. And are you saying the citizens have no rights.
    And why is he/she an eejit for bringing a minister to court?

A few pages ago, I asked Barrackali a question ( to give a source for a claim he/she made), only for him/her to disappear. Hopefully, You won't disappear and You will answer the above questions.
    hju6 wrote: »

Whatever we feel about the 2 D's, surely we/us would be in agreement on Ghandee? I miss His input.

That is ( as far as I am aware) the 3 who were banned at the same time. And of course, that other thing -dv/noonan - well, he has just disappeared. All the pro diatribe left to dx now....oh well!

The Co Council lawyers described the action as vexatious and frivilous which it obviously is from the wording of the summons (posted in the thread a few times before). A couple with 21 houses can afford this futile exercise in time wasting.

It's interesting to see the list of characters lined up in the last few pages. A revolutionary Trotskyite, a serial criminal masquerading as a "Freeman" and this landlord with 21 houses. The campaign is in good hands.

Whether I choose to respond to baiting again or if this little discussion group dies a death the law is still there and I expect it will be enforced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

The Co Council lawyers described the action as vexatious and frivilous which it obviously is from the wording of the summons (posted in the thread a few times before). A couple with 21 houses can afford this futile exercise in time wasting.

It's interesting to see the list of characters lined up in the last few pages. A revolutionary Trotskyite, a serial criminal masquerading as a "Freeman" and this landlord with 21 houses. The campaign is in good hands.

Whether I choose to respond to baiting again or if this little discussion group dies a death the law is still there and I expect it will be enforced.

im inclined to agree, and a bit pointless, now that the government have already appeased their well off property owning buddies by allowing them to write off this tax(that some have already added on to the rents of their tenants)

i wonder how many summons have been sent out to ordinary non wealthy homeowners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

I do wish people would not quote DX. His posts are repetative junk. Maybe the site developer could extend ignore lists to include quoting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Id prefer if they were all back myself.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Please outline the part of my post where I said a citizen doesn't have the right to take a minister to court. You seem to be reading words I didn't type.

I don't think any court would entertain a case such as this. Legally speaking the landlord hasn't a leg to stand on.

Edit: and also with the comment on pro property taxers disappearing, 35,145 posts in, are you not getting bored? I am. This is a circular debate thats going nowhere.

Yes, Ghandee, of course. The other two posters are Hijpo and donalg1.
    I find these three of the most articulate and knowledgeable posters that have been on this thread.

The Co Council lawyers described the action as vexatious and frivilous which it is obviously time wasting.

All the same, it was only a coulpe of weeks after that the minister said in the independent:

He said he intends to amend the new legislation to allow the tax to be treated as an expense for landlords.

Coincidence or what?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Bullseye1 wrote: »
    I do wish people would not quote DX. His posts are repetative junk. Maybe the site developer could extend ignore lists to include quoting.

mod:
    Please do not post in this thread again.

Fair warning.

MadYaker wrote: »
    I can't believe he thinks that some ministers might actually be brought to court by some eejit.
    MadYaker wrote: »
    Please outline the part of my post where I said a citizen doesn't have the right to take a minister to court.

I said in my post, if it is your opinion, and it certainly reads like it is, in the context in which you phrased it, and if we put it all into context, although you did not specificially say that a citizen does'nt have the right to take a minister to court, what you did say would be very uninspiring to someone who is in the process of taking a court case.
    Also, it seemed unbelievable to many that the case taken by Mark McCrystal against the Government regarding the Children's Referendum would get anywhere, but there ya go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

guys, who exactly has been banned from here and why?....are Hijpo and Ghandee banned ?...why?....stupid moderators and their stupid rules...if they want to destroy boards.ie then go right ahead, I personally could not give a ****e if this site closed.
    A big thank you to all the anti property tax posters here, decent, LAW ABIDING people who care about their homes and families....the exact opposite to the lying, threatening, bullying, over paid shower of ***** who are supposed to run this country with the best interests of the people in mind !!!

Tax deductible for landlords now eh ?....lets change the rules again guys, that should appease the court action taken against Noonan and co. recently....the s-hite just goes on and on in this banana republic.....it seems that almost every day now there is a new revelation which shows the utter contempt this regime has for it's people, we have become immune to the lies, inequality, waste in this country and worst of all, the bare face cheek displayed by politicians....in most other western democracies, this would result in the sacking of individuals or the collapse of the govt. but not here in Ireland.....
    Our current financial situation is dire, promissory notes, personal debts, deficits etc. .....but for me , the saddest and most frightening thing of all is that fundamentally, NOTHING has changed in this country, promises broken, corruption, nest feathering, lies are still alive and strong.....it is this lack of change that is the most depressing of all....God help us and God help our descendants !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Izzy Skint

mod:
    Please do not post in this thread again.

Fair warning.

just seen the above post....well done Bollocko....destroy boards.ie.....there will be nobody left soon....they have destroyed this thread, perhaps that is what they wanted ?.....anyway I could not give 2 f-ucks anymore.....
    keep up the good fight all, if this property tax gains a foothold WE ARE F-UCKED BIG TIME, make no mistake about it.

I bid farewell now to all, am sick of those mods butting in threatening posters, grow up ffs mods !!!......anyway, good bye all anti taxers (and pro taxers!)...hope to meet some of you outside td's homes in the not too distant future!...I have enjoyed my short time here, it is account closing time for me now.....regards.....IZZY:)

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Not so Happy Gilmore...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/new-polls-show-slump-in-support-for-labour-582648.html[/QUOTE]

Delighted to see this. Personally, I'll never back Gilmore again, not after the way he treated Róisín Shortall, and the way he tried to oust Keaveney out of the chairmanship of the LP.

Izzy Skint wrote: »
    just seen the above post....well done Bollocko....destroy boards.ie.....there will be nobody left soon....they have destroyed this thread, perhaps that is what they wanted ?.....anyway I could not give 2 f-ucks anymore.....
    keep up the good fight all, if this property tax gains a foothold WE ARE F-UCKED BIG TIME, make no mistake about it.

I bid farewell now to all, am sick of those mods butting in threatening posters, grow up ffs mods !!!......anyway, good bye all anti taxers (and pro taxers!)...hope to meet some of you outside td's homes in the not too distant future!...I have enjoyed my short time here, it is account closing time for me now.....regards.....IZZY:)

Ghandee, Gerry0777 & now Bullseye1 get banned while someone of the ilk of dv & dx are not banned? Something not right there! I feel sad and wonder just where is this thread going?

Izzy is right, there will be nobody left soon. which is a pity, this after ( what?) 25,000 messages on ONE topic.

Don't bother your bóllox to ban me Dr. Bollocko...I ban myself.

Good luck all, and hope Gilmore enjoys his Sunday telling the Euro/Latin American group(?) in Santiago, Chile that to not solve Ireland's promisory note issue is catastrophic for Ireland. WTF is he doing in Santiago???:mad:

• Advertisement

Looks like that young lady that was in Doha with Phil has "stepped down"....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2013/0123/1224329191096.html

http://www.joe.ie/easygoing-joe/pic-of-the-day/not-the-sort-of-front-page-enda-kenny-would-want-to-see-on-budget-day-0031231-1

Last night a senior Government colleague, who spoke on an off-the-record basis said she was excellent at her job, was popular with her press officer colleagues in Government and would be missed

Lol, why would someone go off the record in paying a compliment to someone? (unless the official line wasnt as complimentary)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Ghandee, Gerry0777 & now Bullseye1 get banned while someone of the ilk of dv & dx are not banned?
    I always thought you liked my contributions :confused:
    Looks like that young lady that was in Doha with Phil has "stepped down"....

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2013/0123/1224329191096.html

http://www.joe.ie/easygoing-joe/pic-of-the-day/not-the-sort-of-front-page-enda-kenny-would-want-to-see-on-budget-day-0031231-1

Last night a senior Government colleague, who spoke on an off-the-record basis said she was excellent at her job, was popular with her press officer colleagues in Government and would be missed

Lol, why would someone go off the record in paying a compliment to someone? (unless the official line wasnt as complimentary)

It is scraping the bottom of the anti LPT barrel to be abusing a public servant just because she worked in Phil Hogan's department. (and she got plenty of abuse on this site)
    Even after she's resigned, why do you feel the need for posting baseless innuendo? Of what relevance do you think this news has to this thread anyway?

dvpower wrote: »
    I always thought you liked my contributions :confused:

It is scraping the bottom of the anti LPT barrel to be abusing a public servant just because she worked in Phil Hogan's department. (and she got plenty of abuse on this site)
    Even after she's resigned, why do you feel the need for posting baseless innuendo? Of what relevance do you think this news has to this thread anyway?

where did i abuse her? wheres the innuendo(says a lot about your mind)? you're doing the scraping bud;)

edit
    and you could at least answer my question, why would a government official go off the record to compliment someone?

where did i abuse her? wheres the innuendo(says a lot about your mind)? you're doing the scraping bud;)

I didn't say you abused her. I said she was abused on this site.

You're innuendo is very clear. What relevance does her resignation have to this thread anyway.

dvpower wrote: »
    I didn't say you abused her. I said she was abused on this site.

You're innuendo is very clear. What relevance does her resignation have to this thread anyway.

very clear to you, get your mind out of the gutter DV, sure that girl looks young enough to be his daughter...

very clear to you, get your mind out of the gutter DV, sure that girl looks young enough to be his daughter...
    :pac:
    (very good, you almost had me there)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

All the same, it was only a coulpe of weeks after that the minister said in the independent:

He said he intends to amend the new legislation to allow the tax to be treated as an expense for landlords.

Coincidence or what?

Link please.

Link please.

This link was posted at least half a dozen times since it became news. It was only a couple of weeks ago that a poster was berated here for posting a link that had been posted several times, even though the poster was only new to this thread. You, on the other hand, have been consistent on this thread and there's no way you would not have seen this link. Now, if it just did not compute with you, then thats another story, but it was posted several times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Ghandee, Gerry0777 & now Bullseye1 get banned while someone of the ilk of dv & dx are not banned? Something not right there! I feel sad and wonder just where is this thread going?

Izzy is right, there will be nobody left soon. which is a pity, this after ( what?) 25,000 messages on ONE topic.

Don't bother your bóllox to ban me Dr. Bollocko...I ban myself.

Good luck all, and hope Gilmore enjoys his Sunday telling the Euro/Latin American group(?) in Santiago, Chile that to not solve Ireland's promisory note issue is catastrophic for Ireland. WTF is he doing in Santiago???:mad:

Mod

There was a few posters complaining about moderation recently, I think I replied to a pm from yourself with the same sort of stuff.

I hadn't read this thread in a few weeks until last week, and I actually thought it was nearing the stage of locking it up, another mod stated the same on this thread a couple of days after. There maybe 25,000 posts but I'd guess 100's of reported posts, a good few re-reg accounts to sock puppet opinions or get around bans, pm's about moderation, mod on thread warnings, yellow and red cards and bans for posters and mod time taken up with answering pm's about them, threads in the DRP etc.

Posters have got away with a lot on this thread, I believe far more than if it had been a normal thread, we understand things can get a bit heated but it often was the same posters flaming at each other.

As for moderation, a good rule of thumb is that when biased posters from both sides are shouting bias, the moderation is probably fine, it is usually only posters from "their" side that they defend, nothing wrong with what happened the "other" side at all, a couple of noteable exceptions on this thread.

I did spend time last week replying to you and others, don't think you replied and instead took it onto the thread. There's far too much of posters knowingly doing stuff that they know is not allowed on this thread, or repeatedly ignoring moderation, moderation which has been pretty lax on both sides and a few took advantage of that IMO.

Any queries on moderation pm the mods, I'll try and get back to you as quickly as I can.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement