Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Slick50 wrote: »
    On behalf of Ghandee, and myself.... DON'T REGISTER, DON'T PAY.
    The figures show increasing numbers ignoring that invocation.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,921 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dvpower wrote: »
    The figures show increasing numbers ignoring that invocation.

I'd say you're delighted. It must be nearly time for you to recommend that they double the price so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    bgrizzley wrote: »
    Not so Happy Gilmore...

http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/new-polls-show-slump-in-support-for-labour-582648.html[/QUOTE]

Delighted to see this. Personally, I'll never back Gilmore again, not after the way he treated Róisín Shortall, and the way he tried to oust Keaveney out of the chairmanship of the LP.

linyy is like the country broke.

where did i abuse her? wheres the innuendo(says a lot about your mind)? you're doing the scraping bud;)

edit
    and you could at least answer my question, why would a government official go off the record to compliment someone?

the legal eagels have been busey, busey, the mail on sunday have been in recipt of many writs as regard pics that have not been published as yet.

and takes it out on the disabled the dying and their carers, so much for our caring transparent goverment.

• Advertisement

I've no idea. Maybe she was sick of the online abuse she got, like people calling her a 'tart' on this site, or, what was your take? A 'bit of fluff

it beggers belif that a highly some may say over paid gaverment official makes decisions based on a thread on boards.ie, especially on an after hours thread, now if some one said a thread on the politics fourm, i would remove the cap with thumb and forefinger of my right hand, then scratch my head with the rest of them.

Fianna Fail have not gone away you know.
    The Mk 2 version is alive and well.

pity you did not finish off with the words, and even worse.

An on topic post - how dare you :pac:

I suspect its people taking stock after the new year, most likely figuring that the anti tax campaign had now no prospect of success after more details of the LPT were announced in the budget. Most people are basically honest.

stall the back actor a while old bean, let the dust, or should i say smoke and mirrors settle, then in the middle of febuary see how the stats look, quite easy for one to regester a few gaffs, then apply for a tax rebate.

looking back on this thread, it looks like one will have to produce a copy of their payment recipt to be allowed to post here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

flutered wrote: »

linyy is like the country broke.

working fine for me Flutered. try a cut/paste from the box.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/new-polls-show-slump-in-support-for-labour-582648.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

looking back on this thread, it looks like one will have to produce a copy of their payment recipt to be allowed to post here.

Yea its the new way of proving your an honest person, by paying any tax ever introduced without question.

working fine for me Flutered. try a cut/paste from the box.
    http://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/new-polls-show-slump-in-support-for-labour-582648.html

its a no can do for me, tanks for your help, i have it read before.

stall the back actor a while old bean, let the dust, or should i say smoke and mirrors settle, then in the middle of febuary see how the stats look, quite easy for one to regester a few gaffs, then apply for a tax rebate.
    HHC isn't deductible.

the legal eagels have been busey, busey, the mail on sunday have been in recipt of many writs as regard pics that have not been published as yet.
    That's good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

A lot of off topic sh*te there... and then you come out with this.

??? Hypocrisy!
    Claiming one minute, there is no real protest. The next, there is no point in protesting. More hypocrisy.!

Welcome back. Maybe you'd like to respond to some questions directed at you before you disappeared.

On behalf of Ghandee, and myself.... DON'T REGISTER, DON'T PAY.

The comment that you seem to think displays hypocrisy was clearly sarcasm.

I haven't been dodging questions as far as I'm aware, I answered one directed to me about citizens having the right to bring government ministers to court, if there were others I missed them but please feel free to ask again and I will respond. Getting a bit bored of this thread to be honest so I haven't been checking it everyday.

HHC isn't deductible.

perhaps i am wrong, but i am ov the opinion that i have read about lanlords getting a tax break as a result of the hhc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

perhaps i am wrong, but i am ov the opinion that i have read about lanlords getting a tax break as a result of the hhc.

That was that piece in the Indo? All that said is that it *MAY* be tax deductible for landlords at some point in the future. No such tax credit or relief has been implemented, so for now, at least, that is nothing but speculation and the typical drivel that the Indo put to paper.

That was the LPT I think.

MadYaker wrote: »

I haven't been dodging questions as far as I'm aware, I answered one directed to me about citizens having the right to bring government ministers to court, if there were others I missed them but please feel free to ask again and I will respond. Getting a bit bored of this thread to be honest so I haven't been checking it everyday.

I guess its easier to be pro home tax, when you are not an owner.

Maybe, but I will be an owner eventually, and anyway id say my landlord will be passing this tax onto me through increased rent so does it really make a difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Aquarius34

Why are people arguing with people who create theft.

Just say NO. that's all you have to say. You are not put on this planet to give the tax man money. The tax man is going to get a rude awakening soon and it would be great if the rest of us, awoken too, and got real here.

Maybe, but I will be an owner eventually
    But you are not at this time. Life`s experiences can change your views. If that is not the case, then you know everything you are going to know, already.

and anyway id say my landlord will be passing this tax onto me through increased rent so does it really make a difference?
    You are not liable for this tax. Enough said.

Aquarius34 wrote: »
    Why are people arguing with people who create theft.
    But some of them are conscientious objectors too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Yes, clearly, which is why it was hypocrisy.
    You missed this one...
    You have posted a link to demonstrate what happens in the case of non payment, ie: revenue will deduct it direct from your income... reducing your net pay.

Whilst arguing that it is more counter productive to increase income tax, because of the psychological effect of reducing your net pay.

And you can see no correlation here?, no contradiction?, whether the origional thesis is your own or not.

Yes I suppose there is a contradiction of sorts. I didn't contradict myself though. My suggested reason why the government are bringing in new taxes rather than increasing income taxes was merely a suggestion, I don't know if that's really the reason behind the governments actions in relation to taxes. Also its probably worth noting that the number of people who end up having the tax taken from their pay will most likely be very small.

I am not directly liable for the tax since I am not a home owner, that's my landlord. He's a nice guy, but I don't think he is so nice that he will pay the property tax on the house I am renting without passing the tax on to me, so I will still be paying it through increased rent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Yes, clearly, which is why it was hypocrisy.

You missed this one...

There's a fundamental difference between Tax on Income (which is a disincentive to effort and employment) and a Property Tax collected through the Income Tax system.

The real issue is the impact on the marginal rate of the Taxpayer. Liability to Property Tax does not act as a disincentive to work (as the liability arises regardless of whether incremental income is earned or not).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

. Also its probably worth noting that the number of people who end up having the tax taken from their pay will most likely be very small..
    With C.700k still not registered, it could still be quite a substantial figure. Plus, if the reduced take home pay has such a negative impact, the government shouldn't be offering to have it deductable from your pay pack.
    There's a fundamental difference between Tax on Income (which is a disincentive to effort and employment) and a Property Tax collected through the Income Tax system.
    Yes, you can disproportionately shaft the lower earners, rather than yourself and your ilk.
    The real issue is the impact on the marginal rate of the Taxpayer. Liability to Property Tax does not act as a disincentive to work (as the liability arises regardless of whether incremental income is earned or not).
    Which makes it inherently unfair.

Property Tax does not act as a disincentive to work (as the liability arises regardless of whether incremental enough income is earned or not).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Yes, you can disproportionately shaft the lower earners, rather than yourself and your ilk.

An(other) unsubstantiated view.
    Which makes it inherently unfair.

We'll have to disagree on that. I remain firmly of the viewpoint that effort and work should be rewarded and encouraged.

• Advertisement

We'll have to disagree on that. I remain firmly of the viewpoint that effort and work should be rewarded and encouraged.

Where is the connection between that, and a low earner struggling to get by, and now having to pay extra tax on no extra income?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement