Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

i see the ACA have swapped their Blue Shirts for Blue Hoodies...

19 year old protester hospitalised: plainclothes Garda ‘smashed my head on wall’

Campaigners against the property tax – who staged one of a number of peaceful protests at Councils today – have questioned why Gardai at South Dublin County Council used brutal and unnecessary force against them, including some plain clothes Gardai. Cannisters of pepper spray were also waved at locals who were manhandled and handcuffed. One is currently being kept in Tallaght Hospital for observation of his injuries.
    Aaron Nolan (aged 19, now in hospital):
    “I was standing in front of Shane Donnelly when one of the uniformed police pulled me to the ground. I stood up and tried to get in front of Shane again. A stocky man, with a light blue hoody, who I thought was one of the protesters, grabbed me and pushed me against the wall. He then grabbed my head with his two hands and smashed my head against the wall. I fell on the ground and when I was on the ground, he choked me with his two hands. I was dazed and unable to stand as he handcuffed me.”

http://nohouseholdtax.org/eyewitness-reports-of-garda-violence-at-south-dublin-county-council/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

mikom wrote: »
    Reds Under the Beds.
    Straight out of the Joseph McCarthy playbook dxhound2005.

It's not only me who thinks they are Trotskyists. Listen to David Begg at the end of this interview. From 6 minutes on.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_thisweek.xml

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

It's not only me who thinks they are Trotskyists. Listen to David Begg at the end of this interview. From 6 minutes on.

http://www.rte.ie/radio1/podcast/podcast_thisweek.xml

As opposed to Troikaists :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

I see Revenue are set to employ a "taskforce" of professional people to valueate all the properties in Ireland.

If you value your house under the "Revenue valuation" of your house,then Revenue will challenge you and have you up in court for undervaluation and underpayment.

I see a load of big fcuk ups here in the comming months with Revenue eh..."valuations"...:pac:

I wonder how much this "taskforce" will be payed for their services???????

paddy147 wrote: »
    I see Revenue are set to employ a "taskforce" of professional people to valueate all the properties in Ireland.

If you value your house under the "Revenue valuation" of your house,then Revenue will challenge you and have you up in court for undervaluation and underpayment.

I see a load of big fcuk ups here in the comming months with Revenue eh..."valuations"...:pac:

Where did you see this? The Revenue won't have anyone up in court for undervaluation. But if any jokers decide their €500,000 house is worth only €10,000 they will apply their valuation and deduct the tax from wages, Social Welfare etc. Just as they are entitled to do now by law for peope who refuse to co-operate at all (Dont Register Dont Pay Just Do Nothing). That is my reading of the legislation.

• Advertisement

Where did you see this? The Revenue won't have anyone up in court for undervaluation. But if any jokers decide their €500,000 house is worth only €10,000 they will apply their valuation and deduct the tax from wages, Social Welfare etc. Just as they are entitled to do now by law for peope who refuse to co-operate at all (Dont Register Dont Pay Just Do Nothing). That is my reading of the legislation.

Todays newspapers.

Revenue trying to overvalue properties perhaps???????

Nah..theres no way they would........or would they??:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

We will be getting chipped at birth next.

Todays newspapers.

Revenue trying to overvalue properties perhaps???????

Nah..theres no way they would........or would they??:pac:

Any particular article? Some journalists have their own agendas. Like the one who told us that the average property tax would be €1000.

Any particular article? Some journalists have their own agendas. Like the one who told us that the average property tax would be €1000.

I was sitting in the girlfriends dads house earlier today and was reading through several of the daily papers he buys.

Happened upon this story and decided to read it.

I,ll check what paper it was in when Im back down in the dads house tomorrow.

But I wonder would Revenue and this taskforce purposely over valuate properties and then make people pay more property tax.

I wouldnt put it past any of them at this stage.

And then get the ....."Oh that was an oversight"... horseshyte excuse to get out of it.

I was sitting in the girlfriends dads house earlier today and was reading through several of the daily papers he buys.

Happened upon this story and decided to read it.

I,ll check what paper it was in when Im back down in the dads house tomorrow.

But I wonder would Revenue and this taskforce purposely over valuate properties and then make people pay more property tax.

I wouldnt put it past any of them at this stage.

And then get the ....."Oh that was an oversight"... horseshyte excuse to get out of it.

Well we won't know until March when the valuations are issued. And if their valuation comes close to mine (I have decided already) then I won't be worried about some big conspiracy theory in the papers. You must know roughly into which valuation band your house falls. So you should see in March as well if the conspiracy theory has been proved in your own particular case.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0107/breaking30.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Geuze wrote: »
    The LPT is to be given to LA to pay for local services, that is true.

But the central Govt grant to LA will be reduced.

So LA income won't rise, so no extra services.

All this was known from the start.

The LPT is to pay for existing services.

The central Govt grant falls, so helping to close the fiscal deficit.

The LPT plays a (small) part in reducing the deficit.
    That's a long winded way of saying, "the LPT is to go towards reducing the deficit". It has nothing to do with services. That is just a label to try and justify levying it against our homes.

I see Wicklow Co. Co. has sent out bills to people, for the development levies that they failed to collect from the developers that they gave the planning permission to. It seems the "development levy" is a charge against the property, not the developer, sound familiar.? It will be interesting to see how long it takes them to try and get revenue to use their new powers, to take this directly from the property owners bank accounts.

I think the fact that they failed to collect it, before the houses were sold, is proof of their incompetence.
    Coming to a property near you (all too) soon. It would have been already, but for the ammount of objections/non compliance to date.

Well we won't know until March when the valuations are issued. And if their valuation comes close to mine (I have decided already) then I won't be worried about some big conspiracy theory in the papers. You must know roughly into which valuation band your house falls. So you should see in March as well if the conspiracy theory has been proved in your own particular case.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2013/0107/breaking30.html

How can a person value their house if prices are still dropping down and down and down???

But then according to Revenue you are evading them and trying to purposely misslead them.

Tw^ts indeed.:rolleyes::mad:

How can a person value their house if prices are still dropping down and down and down???

But then according to Revenue you are evading them and trying to purposely misslead them.

Tw^ts indeed.:rolleyes::mad:

The valuation date is May 1st. I don't think the market is quite that volatile that your house will fall by €50,000 between now and then. But in any case you don't have to decide until May and the Revenue will be issuing your guidance booklet next month.

The valuation date is May 1st. I don't think the market is quite that volatile that your house will fall by €50,000 between now and then. But in any case you don't have to decide until May and the Revenue will be issuing your guidance booklet next month.

House drops from 305,000 euro down to 295,000-297,000 euro.

Thats 2 different price brackets right there and also 2 diifferent property tax fees too.

Revenue will then try it on with you and claim that you undervalued the house to not pay the higher rate.

Ah but hey Revenue are and will be allways right though???:pac::rolleyes::mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Some journalists have told us that the average property tax would be €1000.

Give it three years max, dx.

darkhorse wrote: »
    Give it three years max, dx.

The same thing will happen with the water charges too.

Imagine if/when Irish Water is sold off to be privatized??

And even if it stays in state hands...it will still go through the roof.:eek::mad:

42% of water wastage is from leaking pipes/infastructure that is not the fault of any householders.

But we all get bent over and bumfcuked for it now.

So much for a human beings basic right to life and water.:(

The same thing will happen with the water charges too.

Imagine if/when Irish Water is sold off to be privatized??:eek:

Those journalists have really got into your head. It will just be the same here as other countries paying property tax and with water charges. The world won't come to an end. I don't worry too much about what will happen in two or three years time, none of us know how long we will be around.

Those journalists have really got into your head. It will just be the same here as other countries paying property tax and with water charges. The world won't come to an end. I don't worry too much about what will happen in two or three years time, none of us know how long we will be around.

I just added some more to that post above.......after reading the lovely water meter leaflet from Irish Water that was sent into my house today.

The world will come to and end for a quite few households in this country when they CANT pay all these extra taxes and charges though.

I don't worry too much about what will happen in two or three years time.

Neither do Ministers, funny enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

none of us know how long we will be around.

Well then, dont pay it.

• Advertisement

Am Chile wrote: »
    I have to ask the question is DDI in anyway linked or affiliated with the freemen on the land group ?

Not that I know of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

I just added some more to that post above.......after reading the lovely water meter leaflet from Irish Water that was sent into my house today.

The world will come to and end for a quite few households in this country when they CANT pay all these extra taxes and charges though.

I received an Irish water leaflet also today,the one thing I didn,t see mentioned on it was waivers/excemptions for people who can,t and won,t be able to afford to pay water charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

From pictures I have seen of the the launch from different facebook photos-a good few people in the photos I recognize straight away as known members of the local freemen on the land group-I won,t post any links of any photos because of possible legal issues uploading other peoples photos on a public forum-while Im strongly in favour of a direct democracy system like Switzerland and would be in favour of a similar system here-the very fact DDI has (freemen on the land members) I have to ask the question is DDI in anyway linked or affiliated with the freemen on the land group ?
    Ben Gilroy would be a common figurehead for the Freemen and DDI.

Not that I know of.

If DDI has no links or affiliations with the freemen on the land Id go to one of their public meetings to hear them out, but from observations about the local freemen group I have my reservations about DDI which Il go into detail-for a while in my local town the local freemen on the land group held a good few public meetings under their own name (freemen on the land ) then they stopped holding public meetings under their name-next the local occupy group was run by local freemen on the land members-when all the various occupy groups were occupying different areas in different towns-the local occupy group was def a freemen front- after the all the occupy groups folded up and called it a day, next there was a local awaken group which was once again run by local freemen on the land members, a second freeman front-when I see the exact same local freemen on the land members in DDI photos I have suspicions, I can,t help but question is DDI another freemen front group yet again ?

Robbo wrote: »
    Ben Gilroy would be a common figurehead for the Freemen and DDI.

Just another One of the reasons I have my reservations about DDI.

Anyone living in the Waterford constituency ? for those of us here who oppose the family home tax, there will be an anti family home tax public meeting next monday night at 20.00 in the granville hotel hosted by SF senator David Cullinane, if anti family home tax boards.ie posters hear of anti family home tax public meetings by CAHWT or Sinn Fein due to take place please post up details on here.

http://www.facebook.com/dcullinane1/friends?ref=ts&ft_ref=mni#!/photo.php?fbid=159225794227072&set=a.150581845091467.36068.100004189562127&type=1&theater

Yet Again......Fine Gael and Labour not in touch with the real world and genuine hard pressed people in Ireland.:rolleyes:

They couldnt give a flyin fcuk either.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 51,920 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone know what percentage has now paid the HHC?

My missus was going to try a sneaky one and pay ours as well as save for the Property Tax but I found out and kicked up. She hates hassle but I would not give a hoot. Our daughter and her husband are struggling as he is now on short time at work. They had no heat in the house as their oil ran out and they couldn't afford a re-fill. Struggling with their mortgage too. Imagine their two kids of 4 and 6 being cold with the bad weather.
    That's where my wife's 400 euro went. Oil for their tank.
    Better our grandkids being warm than those fcukers up in the Dail bar wanting to look good in Europe.

If DDI has no links or affiliations with the freemen on the land Id go to one of their public meetings to hear them out, I can,t help but question is DDI another freemen front group yet again ?
    Just another One of the reasons I have my reservations about DDI.

Why do some people have a bad opinion of freemen, A.C.? Also, why would it make a difference if they were affiliated. The reason I ask this question is, because, if, just for example, the relevant articles were to be re-introduced into our constitution, would it not give power of referendum to the whole of the population of our country, (not just the freemen) and if it did, what would it matter whether we called ourselves freeman, or any other kind of men (if taxe's and charges keep going the way they're going, then the most appropriate name for a lot of us would be oppressed, imo).
    Personally speaking, I wish that I understood the law of the land a bit more than I do, and if I did, and I seen anything that I thought was not in accordance with the law, I would advise people what was right and help them the best I could, just like Ben Gilroy is doing, (and being criticised for doing so in some circles). Finally, I would like to say, A.C., that whether ddi are involved with freemen or not, I think I would rather have them, or someone with their ideals, representing us from the start and dealing with the people who got us into the mess that we are in, that, incidentally 5 years on, no one has yet been held to account. I know it is a bit off topic, but I was just trying to answer a post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Why do some people have a bad opinion of freemen, A.C.? Also, why would it make a difference if they were affiliated. The reason I ask this question is, because, if, just for example, the relevant articles were to be re-introduced into our constitution, would it not give power of referendum to the whole of the population of our country, (not just the freemen) and if it did, what would it matter whether we called ourselves freeman, or any other kind of men (if taxe's and charges keep going the way they're going, then the most appropriate name for a lot of us would be oppressed, imo).
    Personally speaking, I wish that I understood the law of the land a bit more than I do, and if I did, and I seen anything that I thought was not in accordance with the law, I would advise people what was right and help them the best I could, just like Ben Gilroy is doing, (and being criticised for doing so in some circles). Finally, I would like to say, A.C., that whether ddi are involved with freemen or not, I think I would rather have them, or someone with their ideals, representing us from the start and dealing with the people who got us into the mess that we are in, that, incidentally 5 years on, no one has yet been held to account. I know it is a bit off topic, but I was just trying to answer a post.

Rather than getting too in depth on it, can you actually quote me a case that the freemen actually won?

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement