Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Since the lads are off today can we fight among ourselves? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Since the lads are off today can we fight among ourselves? :D

Well, i am in my 50's male who loves Pink Floyd & Manchester United.

Any arguments? lol:D:D:D

Le_Dieux wrote: »

Are these Manchester United any good on the Hurley at all Le Dieux?:p
    no argument on PF though lol

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

I don't answer my door to anyone, especially strangers, and certainly not the LA. After all they have already told me when I contacted them about blocked drains that my house is private and of no concern to them. Suits me fine now.

what makes you think your house is private to LA

what makes you think your house is private to LA

hmm, they told him when he contacted them about the drains?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

bgrizzley wrote: »
    hmm, they told him when he contacted them about the drains?

ahh, misread the post

• Registered Users Posts: 51,944 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

You're just another brick in the wall and Arsenal are going to beat Man Utd next week :D
    Now defend yourself.

You're just another brick in the wall and Arsenal are going to beat Man Utd next week :D
    Now defend yourself.

Being Just Another Brick in the Wall, I AM Comfortably Numb.

As for Arsenal beating us? Chelsea thought the same yesterday morning
    LOL.

Being Just Another Brick in the Wall, I AM Comfortably Numb.

As for Arsenal beating us? Chelsea thought the same yesterday morning
    LOL.

Very quiet today.
    At least Utd opened the door again yesterday BUT were fairly lucky to win.
    They get the rub of the green a lot ;)

Very quiet today.
    At least Utd opened the door again yesterday BUT were fairly lucky to win.
    They get the rub of the green a lot ;)

I am the 1st to agree TL. But man, it would have been tough if we were 7 points behind chelsea this morning, AND our noisy neighbours above us;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭DoesNotCompute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

mikom wrote: »
    Vested interest public sector workers not at their work pc's today............

Back at the desks now lads and lassies.

Can see many using the "i can't afford another cent as I have nothing left" excuse in court and getting away with it. You can't get blood from a stone.
    I'd say there are many who could scrape 50c a week towards the charge and that will be accepted by judges.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I don't see where it lists any other councils as summoning people to court in that article?

They're trying to be first in line please EK, what with him being a native and all.

How embarrassing would it be if they fcuked the first case up due to some technicality or other (not beyond the bounds of possibility, reading your linked article) paving the way for any other court case to be instantly dismissed!

Anyone know how true this court summonses report is, or is it more hot air?

Ghandee wrote: »
    I don't see where it lists any other councils as summoning people to court in that article?

It doesn't. But they will. Just wait and see.

Come now, Ghandee. You've spent the better part of this thread asking why the govt don't sue people so they can have their day in Court. Now they're finally doing it, you're in denial?

Can see many using the "i can't afford another cent as I have nothing left" excuse in court and getting away with it. You can't get blood from a stone.
    I'd say there are many who could scrape 50c a week towards the charge and that will be accepted by judges.;)

You can't get blood from a stone, but you can certainly put a lien on that stone so that once the stone changes hands, the lien must be paid.

You can't get blood from a stone, but you can certainly put a lien on that stone so that once the stone changes hands, the lien must be paid.

The next Govt will be elected on the promise to change that.
    I have see it all before.

It doesn't. But they will. Just wait and see.

Come now, Ghandee. You've spent the better part of this thread asking why the govt don't sue people so they can have their day in Court. Now they're finally doing it, you're in denial?

I'm not in denial, far from it!

The obvious scepticism in me, that's a result of a continuous lying govt from their first week in office.

Daring move if true, what with the rumours of the most horrible budget in years due.

Could go either way.

They're trying to be first in line please EK, what with him being a native and all.

How embarrassing would it be if they fcuked the first case up due to some technicality or other (not beyond the bounds of possibility, reading your linked article) paving the way for any other court case to be instantly dismissed!

And in the meantime while this is ongoing, a report today, that td's are to get tablet pc's ( I think they are called Ipads ) costing US the taxpayers €100,000 or put another way, another 1,000 HHC charges. This on top of the €4m gone astray in Uganda, and that on top of heavens knows what other waste is ongoing. Didn't Kenny say they were going to abolish the Senators? Yet they are also getting these tablet pc's.

FFS, will this bloody govt EVER wake up to what's going on in the street? What fucking cloud are they on?

Mayo County Council the first of many local authorities to issue summons:

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16440:household-charge-shambles&catid=23:news&Itemid=46[/QUOTE]

And here we go AGAIN - people deceased, people who have paid among the many who got this letter. One man gets FOUR letters in TWO days.

And then MCC has the gall to ask those who have paid to contact them....I wonder where is all the accountability in this? It now appears we have a bunch of gobsh1tes running CC's and whose left hand has NO idea what their right hand is doing.

FF got us into this fcuking sh1t, but FG are doing their damndest to PROLONG the misery. Bastards!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Advertisement

I think Ghandee, reading this report, MCC are doing their best to fcuk it up themselves.

Mayo County Council the first of many local authorities to issue summons:

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16440:household-charge-shambles&catid=23:news&Itemid=46[/QUOTE]

What is the 'household charge bureau'? Also, imho, this report proves that MCC are speaking a load of bollox. Reading through the report it says that 63% paid the charge, then further down it is stated (quote) approximately three out of every four householders in County Mayo have paid the household charge (unquote). I don't know if the people in MCC were taught by master Kenny, but when I went to school, 3 out of 4 was 75%...12% difference from a few paragraphs prior.

They really have NO idea, have they???

The next Govt will be elected on the promise to change that.
    I have see it all before.

While I am in complete agreement with You here Tayto, I must confess to being scared at the options in that election, whenever it will happen.

While I am in complete agreement with You here Tayto, I must confess to being scared at the options in that election, whenever it will happen.

Might be sooner than we think.

http://www.paddypower.com/bet/politics/other-politics/irish-politics?ev_oc_grp_ids=591646

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

:confused: Those odds show Paddy Power thinks the government will run a full term.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Any TD's to recieve summons yet?

or is it just the working class homeowners again?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Hijpo wrote: »

I am sure its just the working class homeowners again, they make the easiest targets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Hijpo wrote: »

I think those bold-boys TDs presents a bit of a dilemma for the DPP. The DPP needs to be non-political and going after said TDs first would undoubtedly be perceived as political. But of course they cannot just ignore them as they flaunt the law.

My guess is that they won't be first up before the old beak, but they won't be too far behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

donalg1 wrote: »
    I am sure its just the working class homeowners again, they make the easiest targets
    It will more than likely start with owners of multiple properties. No doubt the CAHWT will paint them as working class heroes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,836 ✭✭✭Hijpo

lugha wrote: »
    I think those bold-boys TDs presents a bit of a dilemma for the DPP. The DPP needs to be non-political and going after said TDs first would undoubtedly be perceived as political. But of course they cannot just ignore them as they flaunt the law.

My guess is that they won't be first up before the old beak, but they won't be too far behind.

But if they openly admitted refusal to pay they would be easier to catch and would be in a better financial position to pay aswell, two big factors they have over the working class home owner. All ye seem to do is go on about how we are breaking the law and evading taxes blah blah blah, does this mean that working class home owners are being summonsed because they are not politicians?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement