Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

mikom wrote: »
    Whereas those running the household charge (paid state employees) would probably run a bath for a dead person, then threaten them that they must get into the water............. multiple times over.

And claim a 'get corpse in bath' allowance for doing so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Ghandee wrote: »
    And claim a 'get corpse in bath' allowance for doing so!

Maybe you could organise a protest!!

donalg1 wrote: »

Or, I could refuse to fund more wastage?

No property Tax for me. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Whereas those running the household charge (paid state employees) would probably run a bath for a dead person, then threaten them that they must get into the water............. multiple times over.
    Ah look, another poacher! :pac:
    I wonder would they beat the record for the turnout in Westport yesterday? :D

Seems the poachers are not so hot at their game either? ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Coming to a cinema shortly........... "Weekend at Phils"

I believe the tagline will be "Bring out yer dead....Bring out yer dead".

• Advertisement

Or, I could do nothing and pretend thats my big protest?

No property Tax for me. ;)

FYP

lugha wrote: »
    Ah look, another poacher! :pac:

I wonder would they beat the record for the turnout in Westport yesterday? :D

Seems the poachers are not so hot at their game either? ;)

That wouldnt be too hard to beat, sure if even one of them went down theyd have it beaten.

FYP

do nothing/pay nothing.

Same result really. :confused:

Coming to a cinema shortly........... "Weekend at Phils"

I believe the tagline will be "Bring out yer dead....Bring out yer dead".
    Will you be bringing out the CAHWT campaign? :pac::pac:

do nothing/pay nothing.

Same result really. :confused:

Not when we are talking about protesting. Do nothing / do nothing same result really absolutely nothing happens other than some claim they are protesting. Although I am protesting against violence all across the world by doing nothing, its going well though I can see world peace just round the corner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

lugha wrote: »
    Will you be bringing out the CAHWT campaign? :pac::pac:

I'm not affiliated with them, but if they want to see the comedy they are free to come.
    Everyone must pay for their ticket though, even those in local authority housing.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭keithrus

Whats not applicable?

MYOB?

Not when we are talking about protesting. Do nothing / do nothing same result really absolutely nothing happens other than some claim they are protesting. Although I am protesting against violence all across the world by doing nothing, its going well though I can see world peace just round the corner.

Stupid summarisation tbh. (outdone yourself this time)

You're familiar with the term 'boycott' yeah?
    A boycott is an act of voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest, usually for political reasons. It can be a form of consumer activism.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott

I have to say though Donal.

You've certainly come on in leaps and bounds from someone who was 'anti hhc' but paid it just to save money at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭mel1

Got my first official letter from the council this morning looking for my household charge payment and registration.

Charging me penelties every month from here on in. Whats a girl to do? I chucked it in the bin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

i love the way the pro taxers vehemently deny being FG supporters but automatically assumed every anti HHC poster is a member of CAWHT...

well fcuk FG and Fcuk CAWHT. figure that one out boys... ;)

bgrizzley wrote: »
    i love the way the pro taxers vehemently deny being FG supporters but automatically assumed every anti HHC poster is a member of CAWHT...

Straw's. Grasped at.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,944 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

dvpower wrote: »
    Tax evaders are now giving lectures on wastage. A bit rich.

Did I sense Pat Rabbitte beginning to have doubts about Govt policies this morning on the Pat Kenny radio show. Will the house of cards creak even more after the budget?

Shouldn't the campaign be monitoring the court lists waiting for the cases that they knew summons has been issued for to come up for hearing?

Were they waiting for a letter from the council to tell them about the cases? *awaits predictable response*

I'm not part of any campaign but I definitely would not support multiple property owners anyway.
    I would support people who are defending their own (sole) homes from this unjust and unfair tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,427 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

The household charge aimed to raise €160 million from all homeowners in the state. The local authorities are determined to pursue even the poorest households for this flat €100 charge.

At the same time councils and local authorities are owed €700 million in outstanding commercial rates and development charges. The figure for development charges still outstanding is €395 million. Why would anyone have confidence in the council's ability to collect the €100 for which we get nothing in return when they could not collect €395 million in development levies from which many builders and developers made billions?

I have no confidence in (a) the council's ability to collect the charge (b) their ability to spend the funds they do collect in a constructive, efficient way.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/county-councils-owed-395m-by-developers-3272847.html

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/councils-living-on-overdrafts-3195885.html

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

Don't they freely admit on that blog that they're plucking some figures out of the air?

Are dead people also getting letters for non-compliance?

• Advertisement

I don’t assume anyone is a member of anything. Unlike some, I don’t come over all conspiratorial when I encounter someone with a different opinion to me.

Mind, if you were a member of CAWHT I would blame you for denying it this morning after yesterday’s hilarious fiasco. :)
    Did I sense Pat Rabbitte beginning to have doubts about Govt policies this morning on the Pat Kenny radio show. Will the house of cards creak even more after the budget?
    Perhaps Pat is playing a little game? Surely you can see the advantage from Labour's perspective of putting out the notion that they pursuing some policies with great reluctance, whether this is true or not?

Stupid summarisation tbh. (outdone yourself this time)

You're familiar with the term 'boycott' yeah?

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott

I have to say though Donal.

You've certainly come on in leaps and bounds from someone who was 'anti hhc' but paid it just to save money at the start.

I think you need to reassess your understanding of stupid. For example someone saying they are protesting about the HHC while doing nothing is stupid. Surely actually going out and protesting would be better.

Ghandee, why are you thanking the above, as you are the very one assuming that anyone that has paid the HHC is a member of FG or a supporter of FG, you accused me of it yesterday and I am still waiting for a response from you clarifying why you claim that I am a member of FG or support FG or am in some way affiliated with them.

Ghandee, why are you thanking the above, as you are the very one assuming that anyone that has paid the HHC is a member of FG or a supporter of FG, you accused me of it yesterday and I am still waiting for a response from you clarifying why you claim that I am a member of FG or support FG or am in some way affiliated with them.

I never did!

Not once.

I never did!

Not once.

You certainly implied it yesterday, I asked you directly if you were claiming it and if you were I asked you to provide evidence showing where I ever declared allegiance to FG, your silence in responding said it all as far as I am concerned.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Perhaps it would save on confusion if you just clarified who exactly you were claiming was an FG supporter.

Perhaps it would save on confusion if you just clarified who exactly you were claiming was an FG supporter.

Yes I agree with this, can you do this Ghandee.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Are dead people also getting letters for non-compliance?

What does that have to do with Moneyguideireland's estimation of the number of liable houses?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Yes I agree with this, can you do this Ghandee.
    I think he was implying that I'm a FG member. He would be wrong (unsurprisingly).

• Advertisement

I think he was implying that I'm a FG member. He would be wrong (unsurprisingly).

But then why did he get me and Vlad mixed up in it, he directly pointed Vlad to one of my posts so this is why I am assuming he claims me to be a member or supporter of FG.

His silence is deafening again though

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement