Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

donalg1 wrote: »
    Well of course they are going to take non payers to court they did break the law after all. I'm still waiting for the mass civil unrest and protests and major uproar and riots that were apparently going to happen if they brought someone to court. Now obviously I realise when they did bring the first court case the anti side who were supposed to protest and all just moved the goal posts again because they didn't do anything.

And after the 'violence' what? Then ye lot will throw the insults at us again?

FFS, grow up!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

bgrizzley wrote: »
    if the yes side werent so obsessed with having violence on the streets you would see that the biggest protest that ever happened in this country is into its 8th month
    Interesting logic! So 600,000 people doing absolutely squat diddly can be interpreted as an active political message being sent to the government?

So can the fact that close to 5 million people are doing squat diddly in protesting as how the government is running the counrty be interpreted as the government having close to 100% satisfaction rating?

Goodness, Enda will be pleased! First, he gets his mug on Time mag. Then Euorpean of the year. And now this! All he needs now is Mayo man of the year to complete the trophy haul! :)

(Mind, I was getting the impression that a few of your lads here were a little less than 100% satisfied with the government? But who am I to argue with your logic. :D)

lugha wrote: »
    Interesting logic! So 600,000 people doing absolutely squat diddly can be interpreted as an active political message being sent to the government?

So can the fact that close to 5 million people are doing squat diddly in protesting as how the government is running the counrty be interpreted as the government having close to 100% satisfaction rating?

Goodness, Enda will be pleased! First, he gets his mug on Time mag. Then Euorpean of the year. And now this! All he needs now is Mayo man of the year to complete the trophy haul! :)

(Mind, I was getting the impression that a few of your lads here were a little less than 100% satisfied with the government? But who am I to argue with your logic. :D)

LOTS of squat diddlies here. Wow, you bunch are easily amused.

On the kenny front, seems he is once AGAIN ending up an embarassment to the country. Appears his gung ho attitude to this referendum and his ignoring of the SC ruling, is blowing up in his face: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/just-a-trickle-of-voters-so-far-in-childrens-referendum-3290389.html

I for one declare my hand here, and will NOT vote as I cannot see why!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,027 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Hear Hear BG.......WELL SAID!!!

I'm a man of peace, never been in trouble wit the law, and no matter where this charade ends up, I'll still have my pride and dignity intact, despite what the 'yes' brigade think!

Your pride and dignity allows you to condemn your fellow human beings as clowns, idiots, morons, imbeciles etc. It must be nice to live in your superior world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Lugha, you have heard of a boycott before I presume?
    A boycott is an act of voluntarily abstaining from using, buying, or dealing with a person, organization, or country as an expression of protest, usually for political reasons. It can be a form of consumer activism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boycott

I especially like this part.
    Etymology
    Vanity Fair caricature of Charles C. Boycott

The word boycott entered the English language during the Irish "Land War" and is derived from the name of Captain Charles Boycott, the land agent of an absentee landlord, Lord Erne, who lived in Lough Mask House, near Ballinrobe in County Mayo, Ireland, who was subject to social ostracism organized by the Irish Land League in 1880.

very apt indeed. (another Mayo man ostracised)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Kenny won't reschedule the referendum, to do so would call for an election (I believe)
    Wonder what he's so worried about?

Your pride and dignity allows you to condemn your fellow human beings as clowns, idiots, morons, imbeciles etc. It must be nice to live in your superior world.

You quote my message above. Where in this message do I call anyone clowns, idiots, morons, imbeciles etc ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Ghandee wrote: »
    Lugha, you have heard of a boycott before I presume?
    Boycott me arse!

One of the dafter things the “no” side are trying to claim (in a very strong field!) is that doing nothing amounts to protesting!

A Boycott would at least cause a degree of inconvenience as products / services would have to be done without, or take more effort to get. The very opposite is the case with the “no” gang. It took effort and money to not protest!

And it is almighty leap to assume that all the “didn’t pay” gang are principled objectors. Pretty much all human life is mixed in there and while I don’t think any have credible reasons for opposing a property tax, some, but only some, may have admirable, if confused, motivation for not doing so.

In that number, as well as the small number of principled objectors, you have the freeloaders, the lazy, the cute hures (wait and see), the mega rich (who will do very nicely ta if there is no property tax) etc. etc.

The HHC / property tax would be stone dead by now if there was any kind of serious, organised opposition to it. There isn’t so its not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

bgrizzley wrote: »

if the yes side werent so obsessed with having violence on the streets you would see that the biggest protest that ever happened in this country is into its 8th month

Really I must have missed it. Sad day when people claim sitting at home is a form of protest surely an actual protest would be better wouldn't it. Just goes to show how pathetic the anti campaign really was.

And after the 'violence' what? Then ye lot will throw the insults at us again?

FFS, grow up!!!

Em I don't think its me that needs to grow up I believe its the anti side that need to do that. They are the ones saying there would be riots and civil unrest not me they are the ones claiming they would do this that and the other yet when the time comes they do nothing at all absolutely nothing. So what were all their wild ridiculous claims about could it be a bunch of childish keyboard warriors talking nonsense.

• Advertisement

Boycott me arse!

One of the dafter things the “no” side are trying to claim (in a very strong field!) is that doing nothing amounts to protesting!

A Boycott would at least cause a degree of inconvenience as products / services would have to be done without, or take more effort to get. The very opposite is the case with the “no” gang. It took effort and money to not protest!

And it is almighty leap to assume that all the “didn’t pay” gang are principled objectors. Pretty much all human life is mixed in there and while I don’t think any have credible reasons for opposing a property tax, some, but only some, may have admirable, if confused, motivation for not doing so.

In that number, as well as the small number of principled objectors, you have the freeloaders, the lazy, the cute hures (wait and see), the mega rich (who will do very nicely ta if there is no property tax) etc. etc.

The HHC / property tax would be stone dead by now if there was any kind of serious, organised opposition to it. There isn’t so its not.

+1 on this

Em I don't think its me that needs to grow up I believe its the anti side that need to do that. They are the ones saying there would be riots and civil unrest not me they are the ones claiming they would do this that and the other yet when the time comes they do nothing at all absolutely nothing. So what were all their wild ridiculous claims about could it be a bunch of childish keyboard warriors talking nonsense.

I am of the anti persuasion. Please point out to me where I advocated civil unrest and riots, or else shut UP!

Maybe I am wrong but............

Am I the only one who thinks dv and don are one and the same? I cannot recall both submitting at the same time, and both have an arrogant halo act obnoxiously:-)

I am of the anti persuasion. Please point out to me where I advocated civil unrest and riots, or else shut UP!

No I won't shut up and thank you for that pleasant post. I said the anti side claimed their would riots and civil unrest I didn't name anyone in particular. So no I won't shut up and would appreciate if you could try keep it civil in future otherwise don't bother talking to me. Disgraceful indeed.

Maybe I am wrong but............

Am I the only one who thinks dv and don are one and the same? I cannot recall both submitting at the same time, and both have an arrogant halo act obnoxiously:-)

Yes you are wrong and thanks again for the abuse.

No I won't shut up and thank you for that pleasant post. I said the anti side claimed their would riots and civil unrest I didn't name anyone in particular. So no I won't shut up and would appreciate if you could try keep it civil in future otherwise don't bother talking to me. Disgraceful indeed.

Now here we are the one SIDE calling names on the other SIDE. You said the anti side said there would be riots and civil unrest on the streets - IE generalising.

Oh and I am being civil...I only ASKED I didn't make an accusation. I totally ignore dv as he/she is beyond comprehending the word 'apologise' so ignoring you won't be any skin off my back.

Guess we'll be saying nowt to each other from here on...doesn't bother me one bit.

Bye!

PS: I also notice You haven't answered my question where You generalised about the anti brigade in post # 1273

Now here we are the one SIDE calling names on the other SIDE. You said the anti side said there would be riots and civil unrest on the streets - IE generalising.

Oh and I am being civil...I only ASKED I didn't make an accusation. I totally ignore dv as he/she is beyond comprehending the word 'apologise' so ignoring you won't be any skin off my back.

Guess we'll be saying nowt to each other from here on...doesn't bother me one bit.

Bye!

Well at least I won't have to listen to you abuse me any more anyway.

Oh and you are not being civil telling someone to shut up is vert uncivil.

Yes you are wrong and thanks again for the abuse.

I cannot let this go: Since when is a QUESTION abuse??? Oh the whims of some people!!!

I cannot let this go: Since when is a QUESTION abuse??? Oh the whims of some people!!!

Very angry and hostile today aren't you.

You called me arrogant which is abusive and you told me to shut up which is abusive. Now if you could apologise that would be great either that or do what you said you would and stop talking to me. Cheers

Oh and for those who claim the 'no' brigade either don't bother marching in the streets, and t
    claim they incite riots and civil unrest, see the following: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/thousands-rally-in-waterford-against-downgrading-of-regional-hospital-3290438.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

So far we've had people being accused of being Fine Gaelers, Civil Servants and now sock puppets. What's next? Germans?

Very angry and hostile today aren't you.

You called me arrogant which is abusive and you told me to shut up which is abusive. Now if you could apologise that would be great either that or do what you said you would and stop talking to me. Cheers

Not angry one bit, you made the assumption that the no brigade ought to 'grow up, and you are also the one who says the no brigade are quote *They are the ones saying there would be riots and civil unrest not me they are the ones claiming they would do this that and the other yet when the time comes they do nothing at all absolutely nothing.*

I will not apologise for something which was NOT ABUSIVE. I will for the shut up, but over my dead body over the question.

Now, PLEASE grow up, and act like an adult.

Now............where is dv?????

Not angry one bit, you made the assumption that the no brigade ought to 'grow up, and you are also the one who says the no brigade are quote *They are the ones saying there would be riots and civil unrest not me they are the ones claiming they would do this that and the other yet when the time comes they do nothing at all absolutely nothing.*

I will not apologise for something which was NOT ABUSIVE. I will for the shut up, but over my dead body over the question.

Now, PLEASE grow up, and act like an adult.

Now............where is dv?????

Clearly very angry. That is the second time today you have told me to grow up however given that I don't resort to abusing other people and telling them to shut to it would seem I am far more grown up than you.

If you want to have a different opinion to me that's fine but I won't tell you to shut up I will talk to you in a civil way as an adult would do, you however seem incapable of this.

Oh and for those who claim the 'no' brigade either don't bother marching in the streets, and t
    claim they incite riots and civil unrest, see the following: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/thousands-rally-in-waterford-against-downgrading-of-regional-hospital-3290438.html

You do realise they are marching over the downgrading of the hospital and not the hhc don't you. Maybe the anti side could take note of this and learn how to protest.

You do realise they are marching over the downgrading of the hospital and not the hhc don't you. Maybe the anti side could take note of this and learn how to protest.

FIRST paragraph of the report:

GARDAI estimate 12,000 people are taking part in a demonstration in Waterford city, protesting about health cuts and other issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Lone Stone

Clearly very angry. That is the second time today you have told me to grow up however given that I don't resort to abusing other people and telling them to shut to it would seem I am far more grown up than you.

If you want to have a different opinion to me that's fine but I won't tell you to shut up I will talk to you in a civil way as an adult would do, you however seem incapable of this.

AGAIN, I refer to YOUR post # 1271

Is saying that a group of people who have a different persuasion to you needing to GROW UP?

AGAIN, I refer to YOUR post # 1271

Is saying that a group of people who have a different persuasion to you needing to GROW UP?

No saying that there will be mass protests then doing nothing when the time comes means they need to grow up and stop making silly claims they never intend to follow up on.

I'm all for people having their own opinions and persuasions I just think lying is very childish. Same way as telling others who have different persuasion to you to shut up is very childish.

FIRST paragraph of the report:

GARDAI estimate 12,000 people are taking part in a demonstration in Waterford city, protesting about health cuts and other issues.

Ha so basically the anti sides campaign has become so pitiful that they want to claim another protest as their own. Wouldn't it be better to actually organise their own protest?

• Advertisement

No saying that there will be mass protests then doing nothing when the time comes means they need to grow up and stop making silly claims they never intend to follow up on.

I'm all for people having their own opinions and persuasions I just think lying is very childish. Same way as telling others who have different persuasion to you to shut up is very childish.

You took offence with me when I told you to grow up, yet You also told the 'non brigade' to grow up in a previous post ( famous #1271 ). Anyhow, I'm not going to get into a shouting match over who needs to grow up - you can work out who does - and I'm going to watch the 2nd half of the rugby.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement