Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

My Dad got a letter earlier this week demanding payment including a fine......despite the fact that he paid before the deadline and they acknowledged receipt of the payment a few weeks ago. So even when you pay, they don't know if you've paid.

Idiots.

Jebus.

At this rate of going, the clowns won't need a mass of non payers to clog up the court's, there won't be any room for the non payers, what with 'did payers' been summonsed at the same time.

Total imbeciles. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Where are all the 'Pro' Gang gone?

Miss You Guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,941 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

My Dad got a letter earlier this week demanding payment including a fine......despite the fact that he paid before the deadline and they acknowledged receipt of the payment a few weeks ago. So even when you pay, they don't know if you've paid.

Idiots.

Now if we all got letters and rang them saying we already paid i'd say they couldn't tell whether we did or not.

There could be great fun to be had with this yet :D

Now if we all got letters and rang them saying we already paid i'd say they couldn't tell whether we did or not.

There could be great fun to be had with this yet :D

Personally, I think ringing them either way would only confirm they had a direct name/address combo on the database.

We could all ring and say we'd all passed away though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,719 ✭✭✭jluv

I did half think should I chance my arm and call and say I paid them. But think now I should just stay as I am. Not lying just proud!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Le_Dieux wrote: »

Miss You Guys!

I'm waiting for some of you to get taken to court so I can gloat!

MadYaker wrote: »
    I'm waiting for some of you to get taken to court so I can gloat!

You could be in for a wait of twelve years, I hope you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

Miss You Guys!

I dont.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Miss You Guys!

What do ya miss about them, their sensible conversation?:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Due to the disappearance of the yes side i am hereby applying for post of resident Pro-HHCer on this thread.

Pay your feckin taxes, ya spongers, or all the libraries will close...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Due to the disappearance of the yes side i am hereby applying for post of resident Pro-HHCer on this thread.
    Youre welcome to it ;)
    Pay your feckin taxes, ya spongers, or all the libraries will close...
    Turncoat.... :pac:.

The first reminder letter made it here last week but I decided not to do what I had planned with it as it didnt feel particularly absorbent, if you get my drift.. :D.

This letter gave me a good chuckle with my morning coffee.

Paying the household charge

A chara, – Like thousands of others who had already paid the household charge, my wife and I both recently received letters from our local authority telling us that “the amount now due including late payment fees and interest is €127 per property”. The letter came from the head of finance in Wicklow County Council, but I gather that a similar form of words was used by councils throughout the country.

I didn’t know whether to be annoyed or amused at this letter. First of all it’s clear the council haven’t a clue whether I’ve paid or not, and there is a reference to the possibility that the letter may have been sent in error “due to the manner in which names and addresses can be entered and recorded differently in computer systems by the public”. God forbid the mistake could have been made by the council! The letter then proceeds to tell me that if I have already paid the charge I’m to contact, not Wicklow County Council, which sent out the letter, but “the Central Bureau at LoCall 1890357357”. I’m expected, it seems, to ring up the central section that I paid the money to in the first place to tell them what they already know! If I need to correspond, again it’s not to Wicklow County Council, which sent out the letter, that I’m to address my issues, but to “Household Charge” at a post office box in Dublin.

Despite the fact that the whole payment system for the household charge was an online one, the letter makes no mention of any contact email address for either “the Central Bureau” or Wicklow County Council. My reward for contacting the Central Bureau will be “to avoid receiving any further letters”. In my innocence, I made a few attempts to contact the LoCall number given, but then I thought to myself why not wait instead for the next instalment of this bureaucratic comedy of errors. – Is mise,

JOHN GLENNON,

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/letters/2012/1027/1224325794233.html

And this letter came from the times, the greatest supporter, and propaganda spreader for the hhc since it began.

We have the lads on here proclaiming on how non payers will be tracked down and harked before the courts etc.

The problem I have with believing this nonsense is, they cannot even 'track down' the people who've already paid. :eek:

Remember, these are people with whom they already have their credit card details/dd firms/cheques postal orders etc.

Hogan should be hung out to dry due to this fiasco!

I note over the past few days on this thread that even the vehement die hard supporters have died a little inside and refused to come on and speak in defence of the shambles.

This one may just be defeated folks. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Ghandee wrote: »
    This letter gave me a good chuckle with my morning coffee.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/letters/2012/1027/1224325794233.html

And this letter came from the times, the greatest supporter, and propaganda spreader for the hhc since it began.

We have the lads on here proclaiming on how non payers will be tracked down and harked before the courts etc.

The problem I have with believing this nonsense is, they cannot even 'track down' the people who've already paid. :eek:

Remember, these are people with whom they already have their credit card details/dd firms/cheques postal orders etc.

Hogan should be hung out to dry due to this fiasco!

I note over the past few days on this thread that even the vehement die hard supporters have died a little inside and refused to come on and speak in defence of the shambles.

This one may just be defeated folks. ;)

Zero chance of that happening Ghandee, despite the best efforts of the Councils to fúck it up, the HHC wont be scrapped and the property tax will be introduced.

donalg1 wrote: »
    Zero chance of that happening Ghandee, despite the best efforts of the Councils to fúck it up, the HHC wont be scrapped and the property tax will be introduced.

Now you don't expect us all to pay again, do you ? :D

Introducing is one thing, a successful introduction is another.

Bearing in mind they still don't have databases, how are they going to work any property taxation system?

I doubt it'll be self assessed, that didn't go down too well with the hhc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Introducing is one thing, a successful introduction is another.

Bearing in mind they still don't have databases, how are they going to work any property taxation system?

I doubt it'll be self assessed, that didn't go down too well with the hhc.

Who knows how they plan on working it, knowing them they will do self registration system again I wouldnt put anything passed them. Its as if they go out of their way to mess things up.

Who knows how they plan on working it, knowing them they will do self registration system again I wouldnt put anything passed them. Its as if they go out of their way to mess things up.

Couldn't agree with You more Donal....phew!

On another note, and not linked to the HHC, but up to today, where has Kenny been through all the terrible press Ireland has been receiving over that poor Lady's tragic death in Galway? I watched the 9 o'clock news last night, and here was the bould Eamonn spinning yarns in DE, but NO sign of dear oul enda. For me, how in the hell this govt will survive this term of office is the biggest conundrum of all.

For me, EK is really turning into a proper gobsh1te.

Speaking of EK.....................

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/most-tds-will-back-legislation-on-x-case-3296831.html

For me, He's either going to cause a General election, stand down as Taoiseach, or lose Labour - as they surely can't carry on with ratings plummeting at the rate they are.

HUGE difference in being a geography teacher, and running a country, and licking Frau Merkel's *rse ( NO insinuations intended here, just putting it as blunt as possible).

The HHC is a tax, isn't that what we've been told repeatedly on this thread?

FINANCE Minister Michael Noonan has said he is unable to "categorically" deny that taxpayers' money was used to prop up pensions of "disgraced senior bankers" in State-owned banks AIB and IBRC (the former Anglo Irish Bank).

Only a week after his department strongly insisted that no State money went into funding the €1.1bn AIB pension bailout, Mr Noonan has conceded that it is very likely that taxpayers' money has "indirectly" been used to prop up pension funds in State-covered and State-owned banks.

The revelation has brought stinging criticism from within his own party and from the opposition, which has called on the minister to make a full disclosure as to the extent of how taxpayers' money has been used. Mr Noonan, who has been under fire for the past two weeks for his admission that he is "powerless" to rein in top bankers' pay and pensions, is adamant that no taxpayers' money has directly gone into the pension funds.

Yet, in what represents an embarrassing climbdown from his position just seven days ago, Mr Noonan admitted in a reply to a parliamentary question to his Fine Gael colleague, Olivia Mitchell, that it is possible that such bailout money may be have been used "indirectly" to prop up the pension funds in banks like AIB and IBRC.

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/banker-pensions-are-indirectly-funded-by-taxes-3296840.html

We have been right in being suspicious.

And on & on the circus goes Ghandee....more shennanigans here:

http://www.independent.ie/business/irish/nama-developer-pays-3m-in-fees-to-its-directors-over-two-years-3296799.html

Is it any wonder the 'yes brigade' are keeping their heads low these days?

BTW, sorry to learn of You getting stuck in the muck in Punchestown today Ghandee ( saw it on the Kildare Forum). Hope You didn't get too wet?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

The HHC is a tax, isn't that what we've been told repeatedly on this thread?

http://www.independent.ie/national-news/banker-pensions-are-indirectly-funded-by-taxes-3296840.html

We have been right in being suspicious.

Talking about Noonan, it seems he is a popular guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-_IR_yNg7c&feature=player_detailpage

Be interesting to see how the govt handle this abortion issue. Seems now there is discontent within the labour party, never mind their senior coalition partners: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gilmore-is-facing-backbench-revolt-on-legislation-motion-3297154.html

For me, this is too BIG an issue for politicians. Since when did they become experts in this emotional and tragic issue? More qualified people than bloody politicians ( gynaechologists for one ) to decide on this.

Also as far as politicians are concerned, the ONLY thing they care about is their re-election, and are sh1t scared their stance on this issue will affect their numbers in an election. Thinking about themselves AGAIN!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Am Chile

Be interesting to see how the govt handle this abortion issue. Seems now there is discontent within the labour party, never mind their senior coalition partners: http://www.independent.ie/national-news/gilmore-is-facing-backbench-revolt-on-legislation-motion-3297154.html

For me, this is too BIG an issue for politicians. Since when did they become experts in this emotional and tragic issue? More qualified people than bloody politicians ( gynaechologists for one ) to decide on this.

Also as far as politicians are concerned, the ONLY thing they care about is their re-election, and are sh1t scared their stance on this issue will affect their numbers in an election. Thinking about themselves AGAIN!!!

The Abortion issue is completely separate from the household/property tax-while its a separte issue-I predict x case legistration will overtake all other issues over the next few months-I was on the march saturday I seen first hand a lot of people are angry about what was happened with Savitas Death and support x case legistration-expect this issue to become the one big issue to divide people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Am Chile wrote: »
    Final Reminder for all non payers-national anti susterity march to take place-a week from saturday on November 24th-I hope all non payers will be able to make the march in a weeks time.

Any further information on this, where, when, time?

Slick50 wrote: »
    Any further information on this, where, when, time?

From facebook the details.

Details
    of protest:-

Meet
    at Parnell Square, Dublin

1p.m.
    Saturday
    24th November

Jointly
    orgainsed by Campaign Against Household & Water Taxes and Dublin Council of
    Trade Unions

http://www.facebook.com/notes/campaign-against-household-and-water-taxes/press-statement-householders-call-for-a-massive-show-of-opposition-to-the-proper/434865499896367

Looks like they have something else to worry about now too.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/john-downing-so-ffs-back-from-the-dead-but-do-we-need-it-3297096.html

Now, you may ask yourself how did they go from being as good as annihilated in the last GE after bringing us to boom, and followed by a very swift bust, to rise back to being second most poular party, and with the most poular leader in Ireland, in less than two years?

No shiit Sherlock, its because they came out and opposed the property tax :rolleyes:.

As much as it sickens me to think of any property tax actually seeing the light of day, I'm more sickened by the fact that the Irish people have such short memories, and seem willing to be duped by this crowd of jokers, even if it is (I believe) largely due to their opposition to a property tax being introduced.

Still though, if FG don't sit up and take note pretty soon, we all know were they can expect to find themselves resigned to, perhaps a lot sooner than anyone predicted.

Am Chile wrote: »

I'll be there ;)

Anyone wishing to meet up either before/afterward's can pm for details.

(might even get a cheeky pint, hell might even drink €100 worth:pac:)

Looks like they have something else to worry about now too.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/john-downing-so-ffs-back-from-the-dead-but-do-we-need-it-3297096.html

Now, you may ask yourself how did they go from being as good as annihilated in the last GE after bringing us to boom, and followed by a very swift bust, to rise back to being second most poular party, and with the most poular leader in Ireland, in less than two years?

No shiit Sherlock, its because they came out and opposed the property tax :rolleyes:.

As much as it sickens me to think of any property tax actually seeing the light of day, I'm more sickened by the fact that the Irish people have such short memories, and seem willing to be duped by this crowd of jokers, even if it is (I believe) largely due to their opposition to a property tax being introduced.

Still though, if FG don't sit up and take note pretty soon, we all know were they can expect to find themselves resigned to, perhaps a lot sooner than anyone predicted.

When I first heard Fianna Fail had come out opposing property taxes I predicted they would rise in opinion polls as a result-I hate to say I told you so to some people-a question for all those who support property taxes-if Fine Gael go ahead and Introduce this property tax I predict the long term long term consequences will be Fianna Fail voted back in at the next general election-my question is would you rather comprise and Introduce an alternative revenue raising measure instead of a property tax in order to keep Fianna Fail at bay/ or introduce the property tax and see Fianna Fail returned to power at the next general election ?

Recently enough I went to a protest at my local council where the group binned the first set of reminder letters some people received-on the way into the council meeting when a fianna fail couciller walked past us he stated his opposition to the property tax to the group saying Fianna Fail would do everything in their power to oppose a property tax-some of the older people in their fifties were saying fair play to him etc-I said straight out to his face Il always remember your crowd got everyone in the current mess we are in/ he didn,t reply or answer me-at a local public meeting about three weeks ago in relation to cut backs in the health service the same Fianna Fail counciller was in attendence in the crowd-he stood up and went on about the need to fight the cuts he had children and a familly etc-to my surprise most of the crowd clapped him after speaking-Im amazed at how some people have very short memories of who got us all into the s/hit we are in.

• Advertisement

Is there something big about to happen?
    All Noonan / Hogan's troops seem to have been called back from the front.
    Watch they don't come up behind us lads. Time to post look-outs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement