Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Is there something big about to happen?
    All Noonan / Hogan's troops seem to have been called back from the front.
    Watch they don't come up behind us lads. Time to post look-outs.

You'd nearly swear they're just hoping this thread will disappear into the depths of AH.

I think a pm campaign has taken place urging each other not to post here any longer among the pro side, they've no argument worth defending at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Ghandee wrote: »

You'd nearly swear they're just hoping this thread will disappear into the depths of AH.

I think a pm campaign has taken place urging each other not to post here any longer among the pro side, they've no argument worth defending at this stage.

Just caught the end of michael martin on VB, i like his ideas, ring fencing disabilities and education, admitting taxes on huge pensions should be increased and how the current showers budget is shockingly regressive. shame i dont trust politicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Looks like they have something else to worry about now too.

http://www.independent.ie/opinion/analysis/john-downing-so-ffs-back-from-the-dead-but-do-we-need-it-3297096.html

Now, you may ask yourself how did they go from being as good as annihilated in the last GE after bringing us to boom, and followed by a very swift bust, to rise back to being second most poular party, and with the most poular leader in Ireland, in less than two years?

No shiit Sherlock, its because they came out and opposed the property tax :rolleyes:.

As much as it sickens me to think of any property tax actually seeing the light of day, I'm more sickened by the fact that the Irish people have such short memories, and seem willing to be duped by this crowd of jokers, even if it is (I believe) largely due to their opposition to a property tax being introduced.

Still though, if FG don't sit up and take note pretty soon, we all know were they can expect to find themselves resigned to, perhaps a lot sooner than anyone predicted.

I think most people who are in favour of FF are doing so due to the lack of alternatives.

DrumSteve wrote: »

I think most people who are in favour of FF are doing so due to the lack of alternatives.

Which is how the current lot got in, we have to vote for someone. Direct Democracy Ireland might be the breath of fresh air the country needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Sometimes threads just die and posters get sick going over the same old stuff, in my experience of Boards that's far more likely than some conspiracy theory.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

Hijpo wrote: »
    Which is how the current lot got in, we have to vote for someone. Direct Democracy Ireland might be the breath of fresh air the country needs.

It might be or it might be more of the same... Sure didnt the last lot say they were gonna clean things up too?

It might be or it might be more of the same... Sure didnt the last lot say they were gonna clean things up too?

Yeah but the last lot never mentioned article 47 and 48 of the constitution.

Yeah but the last lot never mentioned article 47 and 48 of the constitution.

Im not up to date on my constitutional law so im not familiar with them.

Either way my point still stands, a large proportion of people are only supporting FF as they are pissed with FG. IMO.

Im not up to date on my constitutional law so im not familiar with them.

Either way my point still stands, a large proportion of people are only supporting FF as they are pissed with FG. IMO.

Swings and roundabouts.

How do you think the current coalition was voted in?

Swings and roundabouts.

How do you think the current coalition was voted in?

Through an election?

I didnt infer what I was trying to say correctly in my last post; I know thats the main reason FG got in also.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

I'll be there ;)

Anyone wishing to meet up either before/afterward's can pm for details.

(might even get a cheeky pint, hell might even drink €100 worth:pac:)

I wish I could

AC, I hold my hands up. I can't be there. Trying to stay afloat, and have to trade at Christmas Fairs over the next 4 weeks. I simply cannot afford to not attend any of these - Sorry!

My thoughts WILL be with You Folk though.

I just watched the re-run of the VB programme.

Maybe they are being recalled because EG's secret is out......he got his wife a job on 92G's.

Politicians.................have they any clue???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Either that or they would just be making the same argument over and over again, and getting the same ones back. Nothing has changed as far as the HHC is concerned so no point talking about it, hence the completely off topic posts being put up here recently.

donalg1 wrote: »

Either that or they would just be making the same argument over and over again, and getting the same ones back. Nothing has changed as far as the HHC is concerned so no point talking about it, hence the completely off topic posts being put up here recently.

Wisht hes back, no golf today? Or did someone put there name down beside you and you got pissy about it.

There were plenty of arguments and alternatives put to the pro side but all they wanted to do was add more taxes to struggling homeowners, even ones who spent thousands on stamp duty already all while politicians give themselfs raises, extra holidays and billions get shipped off to bondholders to name but a few reasons not to give them more bloody money.

I can sympathise with you though, if i handed over my billing address and 100 quid and then carried on with an argument so much that i couldnt change my opinion, not to mention looking for people to be brought to court and made an example of, i would probably feel embarrassed, trapped and frustrated to so its ok. All thats left for the pros to argue is that people should be brought to court, that has fallen on its face so they have nothig o argue now and thats why there are no pro taxers on this thread anymore.

Wisht hes back, no golf today? Or did someone put there name down beside you and you got pissy about it.
    what is all this sh1te about? Certainly dont think it has anything to do with the HHC now do you? Think you need to grow up. I am still pretty sure its against the charter to bring stuff from other forums across but sure who cares if you want to go down that route maybe I will start too.

There were plenty of arguments and alternatives put to the pro side but all they wanted to do was add more taxes to struggling homeowners, even ones who spent thousands on stamp duty already all while politicians give themselfs raises, extra holidays and billions get shipped off to bondholders to name but a few reasons not to give them more bloody money.

I can sympathise with you though, if i handed over my billing address and 100 quid and then carried on with an argument so much that i couldnt change my opinion, not to mention looking for people to be brought to court and made an example of, i would probably feel embarrassed, trapped and frustrated to so its ok. All thats left for the pros to argue is that people should be brought to court, that has fallen on its face so they have nothig o argue now and thats why there are no pro taxers on this thread anymore.

How has it fallen on its face people are being brought to court, the only thing to have fallen on its face is the cahwt campaign to get it scrapped, I see there is a protest this weekend, so I assume everyone here on the anti side is going or will there be more lame excuses again this time. At least those that actually protest are doing something about it and not just mashing their keyboards on boards.ie.

Why would I change my opinion anyway, its not as if the anti side have come up with any good argument for not paying other than I didnt want to pay, I dont think you have ever said why you didnt pay or have you?

And can you please tell me what has changed that would warrant talking about the HHC or are you just interested in trolling today and going over the same ground again?

what is all this sh1te about? Certainly dont think it has anything to do with the HHC now do you? Think you need to grow up. I am still pretty sure its against the charter to bring stuff from other forums across but sure who cares if you want to go down that route maybe I will start too.

How has it fallen on its face people are being brought to court, the only thing to have fallen on its face is the cahwt campaign to get it scrapped, I see there is a protest this weekend, so I assume everyone here on the anti side is going or will there be more lame excuses again this time. At least those that actually protest are doing something about it and not just mashing their keyboards on boards.ie.

Why would I change my opinion anyway, its not as if the anti side have come up with any good argument for not paying other than I didnt want to pay, I dont think you have ever said why you didnt pay or have you?

And can you please tell me what has changed that would warrant talking about the HHC or are you just interested in trolling today and going over the same ground again?

Bit of banter lad, maybe you need to grow up to be able to take it. Bring across all you want.

Its fallen on its face because the man introducing it has said you will never be caught unless your on a property database and that they need a complete accurate database for a property tax. If that isnt the biggest incentive not to register ever then i dont know what is. It not only fell on its face its actualy fallen off a cliff and landed on its face and drove its head through its arse. . A boycot is a boycot, if you say the CAHWT campaign hasnt achieved there goal well neither has the government but whos the laughing stock of the country? Whos failure makes the most impact?
    Some people wanted to register our address but not pay lol idiots sure the address is what they need not the 100 quid.
    And the serial thanker there doesnotcompute as usual, how are ye doin.

If your giving out about people not protesting and sitting on there computer why not start up a group that collects the data for the government we all know they need help or sell out a few of the people you might know who hasnt paid. be active about what you beleive in donal, if not then you cant sit there yourself and dictate to others.

Im not trolling just putting you on he right track. The reason why the thread has stopped is because the yes side have no argument and nothing being released in the media has givien them any leverage on the topic.

Bit of banter lad, maybe you need to grow up to be able to take it. Bring across all you want.

Its fallen on its face because the man introducing it has said you will never be caught unless your on a property database and that they need a complete accurate database for a property tax. If that isnt the biggest incentive not to register ever then i dont know what is. It not only fell on its face its actualy fallen off a cliff and landed on its face and drove its head through its arse. . A boycot is a boycot, if you say the CAHWT campaign hasnt achieved there goal well neither has the government but whos the laughing stock of the country? Whos failure makes the most impact?
    Some people wanted to register our address but not pay lol idiots sure the address is what they need not the 100 quid.
    And the serial thanker there doesnotcompute as usual, how are ye doin.

If your giving out about people not protesting and sitting on there computer why not start up a group that collects the data for the government we all know they need help or sell out a few of the people you might know who hasnt paid. be active about what you beleive in donal, if not then you cant sit there yourself and dictate to others.

Im not trolling just putting you on he right track. The reason why the thread has stopped is because the yes side have no argument and nothing being released in the media has givien them any leverage on the topic.

The reason it has stopped is because there is nothing more to talk about no new developments so talking about the hhc would be having the same debates that have been had a hundred times before.

And to me you must be trolling by talking about other forums and trying to debate the same thing over and over and over again. The tone of your posts is clearly an obvious effort at trolling.

I am giving out about people claiming they are protesting while doing nothing because to do so is a joke.

And I know plenty of people that haven't paid but would never report them for it they are grown up enough to make their own decisions and deal with consequences of those decisions if there are any.

Why is it you didn't pay the hhc just out of interest. Now I believe its because you didn't want to and reckon you can get away with not paying but just interested to see what reason you come up with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Sorry i havent been on lads, now that im on the yes side i cant think of anything useful to say.
    Still, i'd like to remind you, its only the price of a half pint every week, so do your patriotic duty and pay the HCC (or we'll get you!!)

bgrizzley wrote: »
    Sorry i havent been on lads, now that im on the yes side i cant think of anything useful to say.
    Still, i'd like to remind you, its only the price of a half pint every week, so do your patriotic duty and pay the HCC (or we'll get you!!)

You haven't gone and joined 'them' BG, have You?:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    You haven't gone and joined 'them' BG, have You?:eek:

i had to mate, we couldnt have a decent argument without the yes side but they seem to have gone to ground:confused:. So ive taken the banner and i'm flying it high.
    Pay your tax tomorrow Le Dieux, or we will fine you for your auld carry on.

Ireland needs this property tax, every other country has one, we should too!!!!!

• Advertisement

bgrizzley wrote: »
    i had to mate, we couldnt have a decent argument without the yes side but they seem to have gone to ground:confused:. So ive taken the banner and i'm flying it high.
    Pay your tax tomorrow Le Dieux, or we will fine you for your auld carry on.

Ireland needs this property tax, every other country has one, we should too!!!!!

ROFLMFAO:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Slick50 wrote: »
    Will be up. But I fear this is lacking in publicity.

No, this has been well publicised slick.

I'm expecting a big turn out for this.

The reason it has stopped is because there is nothing more to talk about no new developments so talking about the hhc would be having the same debates that have been had a hundred times before.

And to me you must be trolling by talking about other forums and trying to debate the same thing over and over and over again. The tone of your posts is clearly an obvious effort at trolling.

I am giving out about people claiming they are protesting while doing nothing because to do so is a joke.

And I know plenty of people that haven't paid but would never report them for it they are grown up enough to make their own decisions and deal with consequences of those decisions if there are any.

Why is it you didn't pay the hhc just out of interest. Now I believe its because you didn't want to and reckon you can get away with not paying but just interested to see what reason you come up with.

there has been loads of developments in relation to why it shouldnt be paid and hardly any as to why it should be paid other than "its your moral duty to support your country, you get everything for free already, councils need it to keep the lights on" and the rest of the huff and puff.

Trolling yeah :rolleyes:

I havent paid and i have the sign in my car to say i havent, im protesting however the fact that others who havent paid are not out in the streets protesting or dont have the sign up doesnt bother me, why should it bother you?

If they went to court would you be glad? would you tell them your glad? would you tell them you were on boards preaching about how you would love to see them being brought to court?

Ok, this is my big big secret that i have never posted in this thread before, so shhhh dont tell anyone else.
    I didnt pay the HHC because i dont want to give my hard earned money to people that are engaged in corruption, lies, back scratching and incompetance.
    I didnt register for the HHC because it is being used to set up a database which in effect is paving the way for those people to charge me whatever they like whenever they are stuck for a few bob for there gravy train that has not taken a hit since the banks crashed.
    Im not paying more money when i will not recieve an increase in services or increase in quality of existing services.
    I am of the extremely strong opinion that home owners already pay enough to the government in the form of charges and levies on loans, insurance, heating and electricity that you MUST HAVE to own your home for little return.

I have been careful not to get myself into trouble with money while still being comfortable and providing for my child as much as they need while being able to treat him now and again like he deserves. There is no way im cutting back and depriving myself, my partner or my son of what we have in order to save money for a shower of gits that couldnt give two fcuks about the average joe. They are completely out of touch with how much the cost of living is for middle to low income workers. The reason for this is because with there big salaries, allowances, benefits and pensions they dont have to know nor do they care. Not to mention there junkets and complete wastes of huge sums of money.

I will not pump more money into a broken system, i would not expect others to do it either and anyone who urges people to do so is a complete and utter moron.
    The argument of "it has always been this way" is a ****in joke and i blame those who spout it just as much as the greedy bastards that implement it.

Thats a quater of my reasons for not paying the HHC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

I'm expecting a big turn out for this.

I hope you're right.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I'd say there will be. Dublin Council of Trade Unions are the main organisers. The unions can be good at getting their people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,941 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I'd say there will be. Dublin Council of Trade Unions are the main organisers. The unions can be good at getting their people out.

You going Vlad?

Well chances are if they are organising it there will be a better turnout than if it is left to the cahwt. Plus they are marching against austerity which will throw the net around more possible protestors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

K-9 wrote: »
    Sometimes threads just die and posters get sick going over the same old stuff, in my experience of Boards that's far more likely than some conspiracy theory.
    And can you please tell me what has changed that would warrant talking about the HHC?

It turns out, K-9, that it was more than a theory when some of us said that we did'nt really believe that the govt. were collecting all the extra charges/taxes to ensure we got better services. What has changed, donalg1, is that Mr Noonan is practically telling us now where the extra money is going, but sure we already had a fair idea anyway.

Banker pensions are 'indirectly' funded by taxes
    FINANCE Minister Michael Noonan has said he is unable to "categorically" deny that taxpayers' money was used to prop up pensions of "disgraced senior bankers" in State-owned banks AIB and IBRC (the former Anglo Irish Bank).

• Advertisement

darkhorse wrote: »

It turns out, K-9, that it was more than a theory when some of us said that we did'nt really believe that the govt. were collecting all the extra charges/taxes to ensure we got better services. What has changed, donalg1, is that Mr Noonan is practically telling us now where the extra money is going, but sure we already had a fair idea anyway.

Banker pensions are 'indirectly' funded by taxes
    FINANCE Minister Michael Noonan has said he is unable to "categorically" deny that taxpayers' money was used to prop up pensions of "disgraced senior bankers" in State-owned banks AIB and IBRC (the former Anglo Irish Bank).

Well nothing has really changed then as we all knew taxpayers money was being used for this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement