Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Hijpo wrote: »
    You pretty much said the entire anti HHC side, then copied a post from one person, that doesnt come anywhere near proving your claim.

This forum, like every other forum has a search function, you know where you type in a word or series of words and it does the work for you? :rolleyes:

back to 0.00 you go

But how can I find a post from everyone?

LD asked me to show them where it was said that someone doesnt get paid enough to find alternatives to austerity I showed them this. What cant you understand about this?

Glad to see I am back to 0 too I wouldnt want you to put me above yourself or any of the rest of the anti side. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

While we're on the subject of 'goal post moving' I recall a poster on these threads early on in a dilemma as to whether or not they would actually pay the charge, they said they didn't want to pay it for fear of it being wasted.

They also said they feared not paying it, and probably would pay, if for no other reason than to avoid late penalties etc.

Now, with evidence that the money is indeed being wasted on a near weekly basis, yet this poster is consistently on these threads not only defending the charge, he's hoping some non payers get prosecuted.

That's moving the whole football pitch IMO, never mind the posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,941 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

lugha wrote: »
    I know. Great news isn't it? And guess what? The deficit as a ratio to the workers in the state is now down to a paltry €8,000 per worker per year!

Sure that's buttons! What kind of a Mickey Mouse job would you be doing if you couldn't cough up an additional 8 g per year without breaking sweat?

Austerity me arse! Sure everything is grand. :pac:

Exactly. Why would we complain about some of "our" bankers getting paid over half a million a year?
    Why would we cap the wages of Govt advisers or un-vouched expenses?
    Why stop new crony appointments and quangos?

Sure if that's all we owe just let the ordinary middle and low income families pay for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

Here's another reason to be against the property tax.
    Why should people in Dublin, where property is worth more, have to pay more than people from other cities/towns.
    Surely, with a bigger population, it's cheaper to provide local services to larger urban areas than it is to smaller rural towns.

It just proves that the whole thing is nothing more than an ill thought out scam!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

donalg1 wrote: »
    But how can I find a post from everyone?

LD asked me to show them where it was said that someone doesnt get paid enough to find alternatives to austerity I showed them this. What cant you understand about this?

Glad to see I am back to 0 too I wouldnt want you to put me above yourself or any of the rest of the anti side. ;)

Jesus christ :rolleyes:

You said THE ANTI SIDE, THEY, THEM meaning all, quoting one line from one person does not cover THE ANTI SIDE, THEY, THEM therefor the statement you made using THE ANTI SIDE, THEY, THEM is inaccurate (as usual)

Now, had you gone and clicked "search this thread" and typed in the words you were lookng to find it would display the results, you can even do an advanced search to find posts from a certain user name, imagine that!!

lmao and then he goes on to say he is glad he has no credibility

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    While we're on the subject of 'goal post moving' I recall a poster on these threads early on in a dilemma as to whether or not they would actually pay the charge, they said they didn't want to pay it for fear of it being wasted.

They also said they feared not paying it, and probably would pay, if for no other reason than to avoid late penalties etc.

Now, with evidence that the money is indeed being wasted on a near weekly basis, yet this poster is consistently on these threads not only defending the charge, he's hoping some non payers get prosecuted.

That's moving the whole football pitch IMO, never mind the posts.

The vagrancies of youth, eh Ghandee?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,941 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

gerryo777 wrote: »
    Here's another reason to be against the property tax.
    Why should people in Dublin, where property is worth more, have to pay more than people from other cities/towns.
    Surely, with a bigger population, it's cheaper to provide local services to larger urban areas than it is to smaller rural towns.

No. There's a lot of S*** to be removed from the Dail after a hard day eating and drinking so there will be extra charges for that service. The sewer pipes have to be a lot wider in Dublin.

Jesus christ :rolleyes:

You said THE ANTI SIDE, THEY, THEM meaning all, quoting one line from one person does not cover THE ANTI SIDE, THEY, THEM therefor the statement you made using THE ANTI SIDE, THEY, THEM is inaccurate (as usual)

Now, had you gone and clicked "search this thread" and typed in the words you were lookng to find it would display the results, you can even do an advanced search to find posts from a certain user name, imagine that!!

lmao and then he goes on to say he is glad he has no credibility

No No No my statement is perfectly accurate I said the anti side talk nonsense which is true clearly, I said they claim they dont get paid enough to answer a simple question on boards which is true as proven by Ghandees answer to the simple question, (wasnt surprised by the non answer he gave, he does that quite regularly master of deflection that fella)

I am glad you think I have no creditibility puts us on an even par.

No. There's a lot of S*** to be removed from the Dail after a hard day eating and drinking so there will be extra charges for that service. The sewer pipes have to be a lot wider in Dublin.

And I don't even make use of the sewer pipes. I take care of my own waste water and I pay an annual charge for that too!

No No No my statement is perfectly accurate I said the anti side talk nonsense which is true clearly, I said they claim they dont get paid enough to answer a simple question on boards which is true as proven by Ghandees answer to the simple question, (wasnt surprised by the non answer he gave, he does that quite regularly master of deflection that fella)

Ouch Donal.

Personal attack on moi?

Would did I post or say that has you singling me out?

Btw, I see your location is still 'on the fence'........ Are you serious?

Some of us have had the same principles from day zero, that really put's your 'credibility' into Perspective :pac:

• Advertisement

And I don't even make use of the sewer pipes. I take care of my own waste water and I pay an annual charge for that too!

In before someone says 'clearly not enough' :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

I have been trading for almost 25 years and I'm pricing work now as keenly as I can in order to keep the 3 staff I kept on in work and not put them on the dole.

If your staff rent, nice of you to support the passing of the forthcoming property tax onto the tenants, rather than the owners making a stand against the tax. A bit of mé féin right there.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81807039&postcount=105

I said they claim they dont get paid enough to answer a simple question on boards which is true as proven by Ghandees answer

And yet again he fails to see that you cant use one post from one user to back up a statement you made generalising everybody :rolleyes:

Now if instead of "ghandees answer" you said "Hijpo, Le Deux, Darkhorse, bgrizzely <inster rest of list here>" with links to the posts were we have all said "i dont get paid enough to answer" then fair enough.

So I just used the search function to find your post there, in it you say
    when you ask them for alternatives to austerity they say they don't get paid enough to make those decisions

Which is inaccurate because when we have been asked suggestions have been given. except ghandee that one single time, probably because he worn out repeating himself so many f**kin times

lol and oul donal is still glad he has no credibility

gurramok wrote: »
    If your staff rent, nice of you to support the passing of the forthcoming property tax onto the tenants, rather than the owners making a stand against the tax. A bit of mé féin right there.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81807039&postcount=105

What?
    Another nonsense post by a pro-taxer!
    Scraping the barrel now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

So all of it is nonsense or some?

Ouch Donal.

Personal attack on moi?

Would did I post or say that has you singling me out?

Btw, I see your location is still 'on the fence'........ Are you serious?

Some of us have had the same principles from day zero, that really put's your 'credibility' into Perspective :pac:

Not really a personal attack on you Ghandee just pointing to the fact you're a master in deflection actual more of a compliment really.

I have had the same principles from day zero also, them being those that dont pay the HHC are breaking the law, and because I dont want to break the law I paid the HHC, I may not have wanted to pay it but I also didnt want to break the law. So my principles have never changed, afraid I cant say the same about those on the anti side.

For example I will give a rough outline of changing principles on the anti side:

Anti Side: Just wait until the first person is brought to court over this, then there will be riots and civil unrest and the Govt will be sorry ra ra ra.

Breaking News: A person has been brought to court over non payment of the HHC.

Me: Well where is the civil unrest and riots you were promising lads?

Anti Side: Oh well that doesnt count because he is a landlord.

Me: Ha ha :rolleyes:

What?
    Another nonsense post by a pro-taxer!
    Scraping the barrel now.

You're anti-property tax as we know. You support landlords passing the tax onto the tenants rather than stand up to the tax, you only oppose it when it suits you.

And yet again he fails to see that you cant use one post from one user to back up a statement you made generalising everybody :rolleyes:

Now if instead of "ghandees answer" you said "Hijpo, Le Deux, Darkhorse, bgrizzely <inster rest of list here>" with links to the posts were we have all said "i dont get paid enough to answer" then fair enough.

So I just used the search function to find your post there, in it you say

Which is inaccurate because when we have been asked suggestions have been given. except ghandee that one single time, probably because he wants to continue prefecting his deflection skills, and couldn't possibly answer a question.

lol and oul donal is still glad he has no credibility

FYP

gurramok wrote: »
    You're anti-property tax as we know. You support landlords passing the tax onto the tenants rather than stand up to the tax, you only oppose it when it suits you.

I think, (now I could be reading it wrongly) that:

That post did not say that he (as a landlord) would be passing any charge on to a tenant, only that that is what landlords will end up doing.

I also believe that Gerry meant , why are renters (private/social/council) should not be charged, as they use the LA provided services ad much as a homeowner.

More so in a council house tenants case.

How could you misread that in any other way?

FYP

Wexford county council must have you on commission at this stage :pac:

Employee of the year, hhc no1 promoter. :pac:

• Advertisement

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81876097&postcount=1670

I do believe thats another shot at you Ghandee, what have you done to him?

Appartently you
    couldn't possibly answer a question

Wexford county council must have you on commission at this stage :pac:

Employee of the year, hhc no1 promoter. :pac:

I dont see how I am promoting the HHC now Ghandee, Mick Wallace must have you on commission I mean you are here all day talking about the HHC and you arent even liable for it.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81876097&postcount=1670

I do believe thats another shot at you Ghandee, what have you done to him?

Dunno tbh, could be exposing him as a turn coat with no principles, or outing him as a civil servant (most likely council employee)

He's a viscous one when he gets going though :D

I dont see how I am promoting the HHC now Ghandee, Mick Wallace must have you on commission I mean you are here all day talking about the HHC and you arent even liable for it.

You know the difference in you and I?

I'm posting in my time...... You're posting on Wexford Coco's (they'll prob not mind though as your championing their cause) ;)

And we've been through the old 'you're not liable' thing before.....

I haven't/nor will not be registering, so without the 'waiver' I am indeed liable.

Dunno tbh, could be exposing him as a turn coat with no principles, or outing him as a civil servant (most likely council employee)

He's a viscous one when he gets going though :D

Turncoat, how so Ghandee, I believe I have held the same stance from day one, as outlined in a previous post above. I wish I was a civil servant or Council employee, would be grand then and would have no worries at all.

You know the difference in you and I?

I'm posting in my time...... You're posting on Wexford Coco's (they'll prob not mind though as your championing their cause) ;)

And we've been through the old 'you're not liable' thing before.....

I haven't/nor will not be registering, so without the 'waiver' I am indeed liable.

I am posting on my time Ghandee you are posting on Micks time. ;)

Turncoat, how so Ghandee, I believe I have held the same stance from day one, as outlined in a previous post above. I wish I was a civil servant or Council employee, would be grand then and would have no worries at all.

Turn coat as in you were the guy fearful of your hhc money being wasted.

You've got umpteen examples that it has indeed been wasted, yet you're on here gloating that tax evaders should be prosecuted etc etc. I've yet to see you advise sometime not to pay, even though your initial fears have proven to be true.

For someone who was so unsure at the start, by Jesus you've fairly nailed your colours to the mast at this stage.

I think, (now I could be reading it wrongly) that:

That post did not say that he (as a landlord) would be passing any charge on to a tenant, only that that is what landlords will end up doing.

I also believe that Gerry meant , why are renters (private/social/council) should not be charged, as they use the LA provided services ad much as a homeowner.

More so in a council house tenants case.

How could you misread that in any other way?

Nope, Gerry supports the landlords passing of the tax onto tenants, no objection whatsoever in said thread.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056809208 . Follow the thread from the start to get an idea of the discussion.

As well as the posts http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showp...&postcount=105 , we have http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81827942&postcount=137 , there are also thanks submitted by Gerry to posters who support passing the tax onto the tenants.(screenshots saved in case they are unthanked :D)

By the way the Irish property tax is an ownership tax. Tenants will get an occupancy tax within the next 2 years. If Gerry was sticking to his principles, he would urge the landlord to simply not pay the tax but oh no, there is unequivocal support of passing the cost of the tax onto another section of society.

Turn coat as in you were the guy fearful of your hhc money being wasted.

You've got umpteen examples that it has indeed been wasted, yet you're on here gloating that tax evaders should be prosecuted etc etc. I've yet to see you advise sometime not to pay, even though your initial fears have proven to be true.

For someone who was so unsure at the start, by Jesus you've fairly nailed your colours to the mast at this stage.

I couldnt possibly advise someone not to pay Ghandee, that would be advising someone to break the law which I could never do. All this Dont Register Dont Pay stuff is very easy for someone to say when they arent liable for it.

I have always maintained that whatever one does with thier money is their own business and far be it from me to advise them to pay or not to pay. They have to make up thier own minds on it.

I am not gloating that tax evaders should be prosecuted I am simply saying those that break the law should be prosecuted I wouldnt call that gloating just stating my opinion.

So I still dont understand the turncoat comment, as that would have to signify I have changed my stance when this is simply not true.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

They used €1.1 billion to shore up the AIB pension fund.

Money that the government borrowed and the people will have to pay back, with interest. But, because the money was borrowed before the HHC was introduced, it doesn't count. The taxpayer isn't paying this bill

I didn't say that taxpayer wasn't bailing out AIB. I said the HHC wasn't being used to bail out AIB.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement