Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

lugha wrote: »

But of course, if you have no alternative plan, it wouldn't matter if there was 10,000 or 100,000 or 1,000,000. They may as well protest about the weather. :)
    bgrizzley wrote: »
    You keep repeating about alternative plans. has it ever happened in the history of the state that a government has listened to an alternative plan? i cant remember it happening once. So whats the point putting one forward?
    I am taking about the broader question of austerity and how it can be avoided. Didn’t you already concede that there wasn’t an alternative to austerity? Didn’t you say you could take everything that might be thrown at you, fine man that you are? :)

doesnt really answer my question, when have the governemnt ever listened to an alternative suggestion?

And i still have no problem with austerity...wink.png

Not sure what you mean exactly?

You will. When it really begins.

Lulz, ive lived through a lot tougher times than there will ever be here, but shure we were happy!!! :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭gerryo777

So lets say we fully agree on all of this and decide that austerity is a bad thing (and it certainly has a negative effect)

We need to find someone who will fund our deficit with no reform strings attached.

Who? (It's a very, very , very simple question)

You tell me, who funds other countries who are running deficits?
    Other countries do run deficits you know. Indeed are encouraged to run deficits in time of recession, a cyclical deficit.

http://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CCwQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gfmag.com%2Ftools%2Fglobal-database%2Feconomic-data%2F10395-public-deficit-by-country.html&ei=7D6xULrmKoyFhQeuj4GICQ&usg=AFQjCNEEnQ7-m2J9OOb1FLVrRJ2S6mWsdQ&sig2=bQ9Pt_WrgMU1_8SOlB6Bfg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

gerryo777 wrote: »
    There's been plenty of other plans and ideas put up here in about 25,000 posts on this subject.
    You dismiss them all because you think you know it all.
    Maybe your the chief flagellator, or maybe your incapable of thinking of any other way.

Don't worry Gerry. He/She couldn't even answer my question yesterday about the bus! All that bothers this 'proer' is how do we avoid paying the 13.5Billion.

Just a thought, does Merkel speak english? Any chance Lugha is Merkel in disguise?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed.

Someone on this thread, with seemingly intimate knowledge on all things govt related has taken a very sudden and instant absence from this thread (and site)

Does he know something the rest of us don't, and got out while he still could :pac:

Le_Dieux wrote: »

Just a thought, does Merkel speak english? Any chance Lugha is Merkel in disguise?:rolleyes:
    I hope not, for all our sakes.

• Advertisement

Ghandee wrote: »
    I'm sure I'm not the only one that's noticed.

Someone on this thread, with seemingly intimate knowledge on all things govt related has taken a very sudden and instant absence from this thread (and site)

Does he know something the rest of us don't, and got out while he still could :pac:

I think the men in white coats took his laptop away!:D I week and 1 day ago. He was asking too many questions, lugha's next.

You seem to be under the illusion that the 13 billion is a loan. And we could perhaps simply decide not to pay it back? Surely this is not what you think? :eek:

Where did I say we don't pay it back? AGAIN assumptions!!! I said call the Frau's bluff, and threaten DEFAULT. It got the Greeks an extra 2 years.

AGAIN I ask the question: You mouth on and on and on about OUR thoughts...WTF are Yours???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Well that should make your task easier then. See if you can find a lender who is prepared to put a few quid our way with no strings attached. :)

And maybe you could explain why the government would not borrow from such a lender seen as how the current conditions imposed on their borrowings will make them seriously unpopular?

I think the men in white coats took his laptop away!:D I week and 1 day ago. He was asking too many questions, lugha's next.

Something definitely has happened with him.
    'last word syndrome' surely would prevent him not wading back in here at this stage!

Well that should make your task easier then. See if you can find a lender who is prepared to put a few quid our way with no strings attached. :)

And maybe you could explain why the government would not borrow from such a lender seen as how the current conditions imposed on their borrowings will make them seriously unpopular?

Ok, where do I fill in the forms? I'll apply tomorrow.:rolleyes:
    Or maybe I could leave it to the goons we elected to run the country.

• Advertisement

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    All that bothers this 'proer' is how do we avoid paying the 13.5Billion.
    Wow! You really don't know that this 13 billion figure is, do you?

'last word syndrome' surely would prevent him not wading back in here at this stage!

Perhaps we should ask his err..... relative on here. Maybe the ? key is broken on his laptop and he's waiting to get it fixed.

FYI Lugha...don't assume anything, or expect me to reply pronto. Am off to join maggie.....oops, go where she has gone, most certainly NOT join her:D

Think about that question yesterday I asked - you remember, the BUS? What would You do? You expected me to answer a query from you after I said i was going up to Dublin, yet You haven't answered my question which is over 24 hours old.

I'm not going to lose any sleep though over your lack of response, good night.'yawwwwwn'

I thought it was €20 billion?

Er...is this english?

I thought you had gone to bed after your day of drinking! :pac:

Still with the aul conspiracy theories I see! (Not sure who you are referring to though. I think all the regulars have been posting here in the last few days?)

Still with the aul conspiracy theories I see! (Not sure who you are referring to though. I think all the regulars have been posting here in the last few days?)

He's not referring to you, lugha.
    Think about it......
    Speaking of drinking, that bottle of wine in over there is calling my name....Lovely.

I thought it was €20 billion?
    No it is about 13. But it would be 20 if there were no austerity measures.

But if you can find an imbecile lender who might give us 13 billion a year without reform perhaps you could pass their details on to me? I have a nice line in free range fresh air I could flog to them? :P

(Seriously, would you take a business decision to lend to a neighbour who had seen a massive collapse in income but insisted (even with a compelling argument) that he was going to continue to spend at the same rate as before? If you would, you might be just the man to take some of this air of my hands! :pac:)

No it is about 13. But it would be 20 if there were no austerity measures.

But if you can find an imbecile lender who might give us 13 billion a year without reform perhaps you could pass their details on to me? I have a nice line in free range fresh air I could flog to them? :P

(Seriously, would you take a business decision to lend to a neighbour who had seen a massive collapse in income but insisted (even with a compelling argument) that he was going to continue to spend at the same rate as before? If you would, you might be just the man to take some of this air of my hands! :pac:)

I don't know how merkel & co are putting up with us then when she sees the money our politicians get, not to mention our overpaid PS including a city librarian on over €120k, city and county managers on €160k - €180k, allowances, un-vouched expenses, ex-taoiseach on €150k pensions etc etc, that list goes on and on and on........ Oh yea, and the fact that the same PS are still getting pay rises 4 years into the worst recession this country has ever seen.

No, no drinking today Lugha, (unless coffee counted) I had the car with me.

Supping on an Erdinger winter brew now though, first beer in a week......

• Advertisement

Nice, enjoy that one G.;)

I don't know how merkel & co are putting up with us then when she sees the money our politicians get, not to mention our overpaid PS including a city librarian on over €120k, city and county managers on €160k - €180k, allowances, un-vouched expenses, ex-taoiseach on €150k pensions etc etc, that list goes on and on and on........ Oh yea, and the fact that the same PS are still getting pay rises 4 years into the worst recession this country has ever seen.
    Exactly.And that is what any potential lender will think too.

(Who is getting a pay rise?)
    Supping on an Erdinger winter brew now though, first beer in a week....
    Good, holy God!!! Me too! :) Though I am on the regular stuff.

Good, holy God!!! Me too! :) Though I am on the regular stuff.

You sir, have excellent taste. (you should definitely try the winter brew though ;))

Goddammit, can't slag that post! :pac:

Exactly.And that is what any potential lender will think too.

So, do you not think that scandalous carry on would be sorted out before they come cap in hand to people who own houses.
    It's the same thing really, they're coming looking money off us but won't cut out the waste.
    Why should we give it to them any more than a potential international lender?

You sir, have excellent taste. (you should definitely try the winter brew though ;))

Goddammit, can't slag that post! :pac:

Feck ya's anyway. Have a goo for the auld Erdinger now and the off license is closed.
    Mind you, it is German, isn't it....

• Registered Users Posts: 51,941 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

No, no drinking today Lugha, (unless coffee counted) I had the car with me.

Feckin' German beer.

Now now lads.

As Basil Fawlty would say....

We're all friends again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

Jaysus lads, between wine and fancy beer do ye think there's no feckin recession on? this is what im on...

http://hywelsbiglog.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/image341.jpg

looks like beer tastes like flat guinness...

Now now lads.

As Basil Fawlty would say....

We're all friends again.

Don't mention the war...... well, the one in the 40's

• Advertisement

Jaysus lads, between wine and fancy beer do ye think there's no feckin recession on? this is what im on...

http://hywelsbiglog.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/image341.jpg

looks like beer tastes like flat guinness...

Yea, we're all sitting in having a beer because we can't afford to go to the pub!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement