Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

I am a "pillar of society".

That`s nothing unique on boards, but for some reason, not reflected in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,274 ✭✭✭darkhorse

Senator O'Brien predicted the demise of the Property Tax back in August. Has he come up with something new?

Fianna Fáil's alternative budget: Cuts to politician pensions and no ...

• Registered Users Posts: 51,936 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

darkhorse wrote: »

Those fcekers had their chance and ruined the country.
    There is no difference in FF and FG.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭Hijpo

bgrizzley wrote: »
    my first time reading about it but interesting nonetheless, is this what you are refering to Hijpo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_the_Irish_Free_State#Initiative_and_referendum

The Oireachtas responded by removing all provisions for direct democracy from the constitution, save for the requirement that, once the eight year transitional period had passed, it would be necessary to hold referendums on all constitutional amendments. Then in 1929 the Oireachtas extended this period to sixteen years. This meant that, by the time the constitution was replaced in 1937, the provisions for the constitutional referendum had still not come into force.

Thats exactly it BG, was it hard to find?
    Sorry for the delay just finished a 12 hour shift.
    dvpower wrote: »
    Up next - the Cromwellian plantations. :pac:
    No, next is the irish plantations, where developers and politicians buy up land and houses then make it financially impossible for people to own there own homes so they end up renting. Houses and land bought, i would confidently say, with money on the wink and nod from there banking buddies.

This is about articles contained in the Irish Free State constitution from 1922 which were not incorporated into the 1937 version. Is it relevant to the HHC?

it wasnt in relation to the HHC, it was in relation to the question "why cant we just kick out our government" and the reason we cant is because the government have edited the only legal and political process at our disposal to do so.
    Sounds like you have a yearning for a return to British rule.
    Could be better than this so called irish rule.

I think you're confused about what thread you're posting in.

As confused as you are predictable. That's exactly the comeback that I told everyone that you would make, once any poster posts something that you dont like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

As confused as you are predictable. That's exactly the comeback that I told everyone that you would make, once any poster posts something that you dont like.
    You are taking this thread way too seriously. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,026 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I'm interested in this bit but I think it is a masterclass in obfuscation:

While Sinn Féin proposed to reduce the excise on petrol and diesel by five per cent, Fianna Fáil proposed an equalisation of the duty paid on agricultural fuel to bring it into line with other motor fuels. Believing it to lead to a reduction in the illegal laundering of diesel, up to €100 million could be achieved within the first year.

If there was no need for marked diesel for agriculture why would there only be a reduction in laundering and not a complete cessation? What would there be to launder? Unless FF expects that laundered fuel would be smuggled from the North. This is where SF and the Northern government would have to do their part by doing away with marked diesel as well.

There will be a lot of unhappy farmers if "bringing into line" means to the current motor rate. But again that is not made clear. And "up to €100 million could be achieved" too vague for me.

I know this is off topic but no more than the subject of articles in the long defunct 1922 Constitution or people getting penalty points expunged for instance.

You are taking this thread way too seriously. :eek:

Well, is'nt that just the damnedest. I'm goin on that psychic's live, I'll make much more money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

I'm goin on that psychic's live
    Another forum for lunatics spouting mindless drivel - I'd say you'd get a gig. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Le_Dieux wrote: »

If you are not saying, then why mention it?:(

Because I wanted to. Do you know what a pm is the p is for private so thats why I won't say who it was but will only say it happened

• Advertisement

robbie7730 wrote: »

Here.

One more and we can setup a podium:)

What's your point Robbie? I assume you break laws then? And because you do break them you think everyone else does too is it?

Those fcekers had their chance and ruined the country.
    There is no difference in FF and FG.

I know, tayto, but at least they recognize the fact that it is not the right time for a property tax. I dont agree with it (PT) one iota (I'd rather burn my house to the ground), no more than you and a lot of people, but the imbeciles are bringing it in, and are really going to try and tax the country out of the recession, regardless of the consequences. So, I predict either I am going to meet you in jail or in a soup kitchen in the next few years.
    By the way, talking about politicians, that reminds me, I learned a new word to-day, its Kleptocracy.

Are you another non law breaker ever? That will be two in the thread if you can confirm.
    Who is the other one?

Just goes to show, dx, the interest you have in reading posts.

I know, tayto, but at least they recognize the fact that it is not the right time for a property tax. I dont agree with it (PT) one iota (I'd rather burn my house to the ground), no more than you and a lot of people, but the imbeciles are bringing it in, and are really going to try and tax the country out of the recession, regardless of the consequences. So, I predict either I am going to meet you in jail or in a soup kitchen in the next few years.
    By the way, talking about politicians, that reminds me, I learned a new word to-day, its Kleptocracy.

No FF recognise that opposing property taxes could be a way to get their foot back in the door unfortunately some seem to eat their sh1t up. Let's be honest now FF policies didn't really do much for Ireland the last time they were in power so forgive me for disregarding their proposals on our tax systems as they had their chance and fcuked it up good.

donalg1 wrote: »

Because I wanted to. Do you know what a pm is the p is for private so thats why I won't say who it was but will only say it happened

Lol the very chap who cant use the search function thinks its ok to dictate to others what the pm function is for.

Hijpo wrote: »

Lol the very chap who cant use the search function thinks its ok to dictate to others what the pm function is for.

Well you don't seem to understand it so thought it best to explain it you.

No FF recognise that opposing property taxes could be a way to get their foot back in the door unfortunately some seem to eat their sh1t up..

In much the same that a lot of people ate the sh1t that came from FG. Yeah, I hear ya, donny.

In much the same that a lot of people ate the sh1t that came from FG. Yeah, I hear ya, donny.
    Well that's their own fault and the Names not Donny

Well that's their own fault and the Names not Donny

Hit a nerve, have I.:pac::pac:

Hit a nerve, have I.:pac::pac:

No I just think petty names are petty and will only undermine any point you try to make but sure hey if you like being petty then knock yourself out ill just laugh and ignore.

• Advertisement

Hijpo wrote: »
    No, next is the irish plantations, where developers and politicians buy up land and houses then make it financially impossible for people to own there own homes so they end up renting. Houses and land bought, i would confidently say, with money on the wink and nod from there banking buddies.

You are spot on the mark, Hijpo.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

my first time reading about it but interesting nonetheless, is this what you are refering to Hijpo?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constitution_of_the_Irish_Free_State#Initiative_and_referendum

The Oireachtas responded by removing all provisions for direct democracy from the constitution, save for the requirement that, once the eight year transitional period had passed, it would be necessary to hold referendums on all constitutional amendments. Then in 1929 the Oireachtas extended this period to sixteen years. This meant that, by the time the constitution was replaced in 1937, the provisions for the constitutional referendum had still not come into force.

EDIT
    Article 47.

Any Bill passed or deemed to have been passed by both Houses may be suspended for a period of ninety days on the written demand of two-fifths of the members of Dáil Eireann or of a majority of the members of Seanad Eireann presented to the President of the Executive Council not later than seven days from the day on which such a Bill shall have been so passed or deemed to have been so passed. Such a Bill shall in accordance with regulations to be made by the Oireachtas be submitted by Referendum to the decision of the people if demanded before the expiration of the ninety days either by a resolution of Seanad Eireann, or by a petition signed by not less than one-twentieth of the voters then on the register of voters, and the decision of the people by a majority of the votes recorded on such Referendum shall be conclusive. These provisions shall not apply to Money Bills or to such Bills as shall be declared by both Houses to be necessary for the immediate preservation of the public peace, health or safety.
    Article 48.

The Oireachtas may provide for the initiation by the people of proposals for laws or constitutional amendments. Should the Oireachtas fail to make such provision within two years, it shall on the petition of not less than seventy five thousand voters on the register, of whom not more than fifteen thousand shall be voters in any one constituency, either make such provision or submit the question to the people for decision in accordance with the ordinary regulations governing

p.27
    the Referendum. Any legislation passed by the Oireachtas providing for such Initiation by the people shall provide that

that such proposals may be initiated on a petition of fifty thousand voters on the register.
    that if the Oireachtas rejects a proposal so initiated it shall be submitted to the people for decision in accordance with the ordinary regulations governing the referendum: and
    that if the Oireachtas enacts a proposal so initiated such enactment shall be subject to the provisions respecting ordinary legislation or amendments of the Constitution as the case may be.

A wiki link to the constitution of the Irish Free State.

Sounds like freeman of the land nonsense posted on Facebook by some spammer who thinks he's had a Eureka moment.

I respect the guy who has put thought into it and thinks he has find the Eureka moment, the muppet who puts faith in a Facebook share from a "friend" telling them what they weant to hear? Snake oil sales men only profited from the gullible.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

No I just think petty names are petty and will only undermine any point you try to make but sure hey if you like being petty then knock yourself out ill just laugh and ignore.

Good on you. But, let me just say that 40 odd years ago, millions of guys, including myself, would have loved to have been called donny, but as you dont like it, I will refrain from calling it to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭bgrizzley

K-9 wrote: »
    A wiki link to the constitution of the Irish Free State.

Sounds like freeman of the land nonsense posted on Facebook by some spammer who thinks he's had a Eureka moment.

I respect the guy who has put thought into it and thinks he has find the Eureka moment, the muppet who puts faith in a Facebook share from a "friend" telling them what they weant to hear? Snake oil sales men only profited from the gullible.

easy tiger:P, i wiki'ed it for a brief synopsis of what OP was refering to before finding the relevant articles in the old constitution online (i found them at UCC.ie) and adding them to my post in an edit. just interested in a bit of history i hadnt known about.

dont know about fcukall about facebook:rolleyes: or freemen:rolleyes::rolleyes: (both populated by cnuts IMHO)

:D

http://www.ucc.ie/celt/online/E900003-004/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

easy tiger:P, i wiki'ed it for a brief synopsis of what OP was refering to before finding the relevant articles in the old constitution online (i found them at UCC.ie) and adding them to my post in an edit. just interested in a bit of history i hadnt known about.

dont know about fcukall about facebook:rolleyes: or freemen:rolleyes::rolleyes: (both populated by cnuts IMHO)

:D

http://www.ucc.ie/celt/online/E900003-004/[/QUOTE]

DH learnt about a new word 'Kleptocracy' & I have now - what is 'freeman'?

Apologies I know it has nowt to do with the thread. Just nosy:-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

What's your point Robbie? I assume you break laws then?
    Yea i`ve went above speed limits before. Even got a ticket once, in the 90`s.
    And because you do break them you think everyone else does too is it?
    No, I just think in real life, away from the sometimes fantasy land of boards, almost everyone has at some stage.

Well you don't seem to understand it so thought it best to explain it you.

You have the wrong guy donny

• Registered Users Posts: 21,026 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

If he is Donny I think I will call you Darko. Well it almost works Donnie Darko geddit? Before you burn down your house why not go to your local rogue Garda and ask him to take you off the list for HHC, ala the penalty points story.

Yea i`ve went above speed limits before. Even got a ticket once, in the 90`s.

No, I just think in real life, away from the sometimes fantasy land of boards, almost everyone has at some stage.

Almost everyone but some don't

• Advertisement

Good on you. But, let me just say that 40 odd years ago, millions of guys, including myself, would have loved to have been called donny, but as you dont like it, I will refrain from calling it to you.

40 odd years ago I wasn't close to being born so have no clue who this donny fella is.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement