Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Right, I have a question for the pro brigade: Please elighten me and tell me what exactly is a ghost estate?
    Maybe you should enlighten yourself and do your own research.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

dvpower wrote: »
    This is the anti tax brigade in retreat.
    "We did it lads. We forced them down to 0.18%. A glorious victory"
    :pac:

WHERE has anyone on the no side said such utter shíte? Pro brigade AGAIN trying to put words in our mouths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Someone has to pay for Big Phil's trips and wine drinking.
    The entitled have to be looked after at all costs.

Speaking of which......

Where's Lugha gone these past few days :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Someone has to pay for Big Phil's trips and wine drinking.
    The entitled have to be looked after at all costs.

He was in some far off land this week,lapping it up and getting rather relaxed with his chums and a younger femals...pics of him doing the rounds in some of the newspapers

• Registered Users Posts: 51,935 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Ghandee wrote: »
    Speaking of which......

Maybe that was her. The one Big "silly grin" Phil has his arms around.

• Advertisement

Yes.

Those on social welfare who lost their job and are having problems paying back their mortgage can apply for mortgage interest supplement, and will then be exempt from the property tax.

How many mansions have you heard of that are in unfinished housing estates?

Well according to RTE news tonight,it will be deffered and it will also have an extra 4% interested (penalty) added to it aswell.

So you get further fcuked over by The Goverment because you cannot afford to pay it.:eek::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Only 0.18% - that's much less than anyone projected here.

And a commitment not to increase the rate for the lifetime of the government, and the valuation lasts up to 2016 too, so the argument that it will go up year on year is also blown out of the water.

The only thing going up is any outstanding HHC not paid by July 1 2013 - it goes up to €200 to be collected by the Revenue.

Time to pay your taxes lads - the jig is up.
    This is the anti tax brigade in retreat.
    "We did it lads. We forced them down to 0.18%. A glorious victory"
    :pac:

You're half right. You can be sure it would have been higher, except they still have to try and get a complete data base, so are trying to go the softly softly route.... for another while.

As for "commitment" not to increase the rate... meh. If there is one thing we have all seen, it is you can't believe anything they say. Plus this going to be handed over to local authorities soon, who have given no such "commitment".

Like I've said already, this is going full circle back to central collection.... and that C*nt Kenny telling us we "can't expect these services for free."

The jig isn't up... not by a long shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

Speaking of which......

Watching the Celtic game. :) TBH, the contributions of the deluded here is even funnier when I’m not contributing myself! :D

But I did notice your recent advise to Lisa. Of course, such brave advise is easy to give when someone else is taking the gamble!

Perhaps if you are so confident that property tax will be defeated you could put your money where your mouth is and offer to pay any fines and penalties that might accrue if she takes your advise? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I agree but why did FG carry on their policies? I though they were going to re-negotiate when I foolishly voted for them.

FG are no different to FF now, there was a time under Garret that they stood for a change and making a difference. Labour are trying to keep a leash on them, they'll get no thanks for it. They always lose votes coming out of coalition.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

K-9 wrote: »
    FG are no different to FF now, there was a time under Garret that they stood for a change and making a difference. Labour are trying to keep a leash on them, they'll get no thanks for it. They always lose votes coming out of coalition.

Labour will lose a massive amount of votes after this. Larkin and Connolly spinning in their graves tonight. No credibility left now.

• Advertisement

Labour are trying to keep a leash on them, they'll get no thanks for it. They always lose votes coming out of coalition.

That's because they're a bunch of lying hoods too lads.
    No other reason.

That's because they're a bunch of lying hoods too lads.
    No other reason.

I think that may be U-Turn number 1 of this budget.

I dont see how Gillmore can say anything to get his way out of this fine mess.

I would like to know what Roisin Shorthall has to say about what Labour have done and resorted to,for this budget????

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    My brother is the sole earner and with child benefit cuts and increases to motor tax he is one that cant afford to pay this property tax.

My parents house used to be valued at around 180k. Its no where near that anymore and to think Noonan wants to use 175k as vaulation for houses between 150k and 200k is so wrong

Always good to look on the bright side. Even with the CB cut assuming two children that is still €60 a week tax free not an ungenerous sum. Probably equivalent to more than €100 earned income.

And you parents are no worse off by the house being worth less, in fact that could reduce their property tax liability.

Always good to look on the bright side. Even with the CB cut assuming two children that is still €60 a week tax free not an ungenerous sum. Probably equivalent to more than €100 earned income.

And you parents are no worse off by the house being worth less, in fact that could reduce their property tax liability.

And the Property Tax will just magic it's way to them too. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Yes, I know you cant afford your bills at the moment, but look on the bright side, we could of took even more off you today than we are going to.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Yes, I know you cant afford your bills at the moment, but look on the bright side, we could of took even more off you today than we are going to.

Meanwhile .... large queues of FG voters are forming outside the Revenue Commissioners offices as they jostle with each other to be the first to pay the Property Tax.
    Gardai are trying to restore order and have moved all the tents onto the grassy area. Some are singing " if you're happy and you know it clap you're hands" while they take photographs of each other posing with life-size posters of Eamon Gilmour, Phil Hogan, Seanie Fitzpatrick and Fingers Fingleton.

Meanwhile .... large queues of FG voters are forming outside the Revenue Commissioners offices as they jostle with each other to be the first to pay the Property Tax.
    Gardai are trying to restore order and have moved all the tents onto the grassy area. Some are singing " if you're happy and you know it clap you're hands" while they take photographs of each other posing with life-size posters of Eamon Gilmour, Phil Hogan, Seanie Fitzpatrick and Fingers Fingleton.

Its like being nailed to a cross, and looking on the bright side is seeing them use shiny new nails instead of rusty ones.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    Its like being nailed to a cross, and looking on the bright side is seeing them use shiny new nails instead of rusty ones.

Yes. I lived beside an old woman who had loads of cats. She used to drown the kittens but told me that she wasn't cruel. She said she drowned them in warm water.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,024 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

More likely there will be queues at the off licences stocking up on wine. And something like one million households are paying for TV when there is lots of TV available for free.

More likely there will be queues at the off licences stocking up on wine. And something like one million households are paying for TV when there is lots of TV available for free.

Didnt think there was any way of watching tv for free here for a household.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭martinnew

So true,.. it was crazy in Tesco.. Women buy 18-24 bottles of wine today??
    Whats with Wine and women?

Property tax is nothing compared to PRSI increase.. That is the real killer.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Working-Families-against-the-2013-Irish-Budget/502872579747162

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭loggedoff

martinnew wrote: »
    Whats with Wine and women?

Ask Phil Hogan that one.........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

donalg1 wrote: »
    Ah well he had me fooled as kr7 when pretending to be the female for a while but figured it out eventually didn't know about ncdadam til I saw the prison forum. Wouldnt be surprised if there was more too.
    It wouldn't be at all surprising.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Bishop_Donal

Genuinely fierce disappointed with this Property Tax.

They get one bite at the cherry and they make a complete balls of it. All the crap and whinging we have to listen to about it from the NIMBY's, and it is being used to collect about half the revenue they should have targeted. It should have been levied at at least double the rate they (the muppets) introduced.

As for the pathetic cuts, they are just taking the piss.

The only group who are making a meaningful contribution out of all this are the pensioners aged over 70 who earn between 60k and 70k and consume lots of medication. and there's about 4 of them.

This government will simply never close / reduce the deficit. Maybe we should try Fianna Fail again.... FFS.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Labour will lose a massive amount of votes after this. Larkin and Connolly spinning in their graves tonight. No credibility left now.

Along with Collins and DeV. Sure loads of grannies and granddas are spinning in graves over what the church was up to and their grandchildren having a grand ould time shaging in night clubs, the comely maidens initiating it, the dirty vixens.. Wouldn't worry too much about it.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

They get one bite at the cherry and they make a complete balls of it. All the crap and whinging we have to listen to about it from the NIMBY's, and it is being used to collect about half the revenue they should have targeted. It should have been levied at at least double the rate they (the muppets) introduced.

The only group who are making a meaningful contribution out of all this are the pensioners aged over 70 who earn between 60k and 70k and consume lots of medication. and there's about 4 of them.

This government will simply never close / reduce the deficit. Maybe we should try Fianna Fail again.... FFS.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

It wouldn't be at all surprising.:pac:

Jasus dv,you're slowing up if you only copped it now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭loggedoff

Ah Jesus, don't say that.

Along with Collins and DeV. Sure loads of grannies and granddas are spinning in graves over what the church was up to and their grandchildren having a grand ould time shaging in night clubs, the comely maidens initiating it, the dirty vixens.. Wouldn't worry too much about it.

Oh i'm not worried at all. Labour will soon be a thing of the past. As for the Church, I fell out with them years ago.
    What worries me is the increasing numbers of people at the soup kitchens. Many of those people were working a few years ago.

• Advertisement

My oh my ???
    Did you not have a totally different view on the Budget thread.:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement