Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Household Charge Mega-Thread [Part 3] *Poll Reset*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Buford Tannen

Ghandee wrote: »
    One gold star for you my friend. :D

I'm afraid to dissapoint you Ghandee but there is no gold stars left in the country, Enda handed them all out to his cabinet on Wednesday night for a job well done.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Buford Tannen

donalg1 wrote: »
    Dont worry I was never going to break out the violins for you. And sure if you can well afford it you wont mind paying the fines and what not next year when the Revenue come knocking.

Next year? Donal there is 800000 of us to get through, it will many years before they come knocking on my door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

robbie7730 wrote: »
    I see you do agree with the poster then, who said everyone can afford it. ……
    Sorry, I don’t really get any of the points you are making here.
    Is that what a civil service paypacket is called nowadays?
    You think the civil service bankroll the state??? :eek:
    Hijpo wrote: »
    Overtime when money gets tight? €900+ mortgage a month? 2 cars at €200+ per car loan a month to provide yourself with transport to work? Little fella in preschool at 45 a week? Car tax at 150 every three months because you cant afford the lump sum to tax it for 12 months. Petrol at 35 a week into 1 car alone. Extra taxes lumped on your pay packet now, aswell as the other taxes and charges and levies that get added to "must haves" that dont seem to get a mention as to where they go/what they are for/ how much they raise.
    This also goes to the matter of affordability, which as Ghandee has pointed out, is something of a side issue. Someone with a couple of kids will likely be hit harder with the child benefit reductions that they will with a property tax but I doubt we will be seeing ~ 30,000 posts on such an "immoral attack on the family". And even more so that property tax (where there is at least some correlation between income and house value) these changes are in no way progressive.
    I mention affordability because there is a very wide spectrum covered by “can’t afford”. The scenario you mention above would certainly be towards one end of it.
    mikom wrote: »
    The jackboot.

Is that today’s word? :) I’d have called it implementing the law but I suppose I don’t have your rich vocabulary!:pac:

Tell me, when poor old Sean Quinn got sent down, was that also jackbootery? ;)

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

I don't know. Why would they?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

Next year? Donal there is 800000 of us to get through, it will many years before they come knocking on my door.

I seriously doubt that the number will remain at 800k we will see that tumble now that the Revenue are involved, a few people I know that havent paid the HHC have paid up already or are now going to pay up as a result of the Revenue becoming involved in it. And sure even if it is a few years before they come knocking on your door well I am sure they wont mind as that will be a few years of late payment fees and fines racking up for them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I don't know. Why would they?

Well that's what I'm asking you to clarify?

You and neverdoescompute used an 'audit by revenue' as some kind of threat that we'd all have to worry about if we failed to cooperate with revenue.

Can I take it then that you're now going to go on record here to say a PAYE worker (which I'd hazard a guess 90%+ of non payers are) have shag all to fear by a tax audit?

They can certainly audit me all they want. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

lugha wrote: »
    Sorry, I don’t really get any of the points you are making here.

They were so simple, that its pointless explaining.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

Tell me, when poor old Sean Quinn got sent down, was that also jackbootery? ;)

If i was Sean Quin and I was in a prison cell with yourself, I'd sleep on my back with one eye opened.
    You seem obsessed with him and attaching him to others.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,269 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Well that's what I'm asking you to clarify?

Why are you asking me? I'm not the Revenue Commissioners.

Why are you asking me? I'm not the Revenue Commissioners.

There you have it.

If you're a PAYE worker, you've sweet fanny adams to worry about by an audit by revenue.

Thanks for clearing that one up Vlad.

You're a sport ;)

(you're also a mischievous rascal for trying to scare monger though)

• Advertisement

There you have it.

If you're a PAYE worker, you've sweet fanny adams to worry about by an audit by revenue.

Thanks for clearing that one up Vlad.

You're a sport ;)

(you're also a mischievous rascal for trying to scare monger though)

Well whatever about the audit, I would be worried about the 8% interest I would have to pay when caught by the Revenue.

I note non of the pro side commented on my civil servant pension fund deficit, and the cut to respite allowance either.

Seems we all have to 'suffer' unless you work in, or belong to one section of society.

Just throwing that out there.;)

It's interesting that you seem to be ascribing to me the decision to audit property tax evaders in the same way as income tax evaders.

Well whatever about the audit, I would be worried about the 8% interest I would have to pay when caught by the Revenue.

The motor tax increases will have you worried so.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

I note non of the pro side commented on my civil servant pension fund deficit, and the cut to respite allowance either.

Seems we all have to 'suffer' unless you work in, or belong to one section of society.

Better not pick on the poor civil servants, some on the anti side might get annoyed.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

Are civil servants exempt from the increased taxes announced in the budget?

I, nor close to another million people won't/don't give a shiny shiite about the fine/tax or anything even remotely connected to it.

I'll take my chances on not being 'caught' by revenue before this govt falls ;)

800,000 people will have a hell of a lot of red tape and paper work attached to them, even if they got through a couple of thousand a year, were still talking 400 years:pac:

It's interesting that you seem to be ascribing to me the decision to audit property tax evaders in the same way as income tax evaders.

Why its it interesting?

Your audit threat was soley directed at folk who won't pay a property tax, on a thread related to the hhc.

robbie7730 wrote: »
    The motor tax increases will have you worried so.

No I wouldnt say they worry me.

You won't be alone there.

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    If i was Sean Quin and I was in a prison cell with yourself, I'd sleep on my back with one eye opened.
    You seem obsessed with him and attaching him to others.

Well thanks for your advice on surviving inside. Some of the lads here might make good use of this in the future. :)

Doesn’t have to be SQ of course. Any other victim of jackbootery (!) would do the job as well. If you have a personal favourite victim I’d be happy to use him instead?

When people come out and proclaim, without thinking things out, that it is just to break the law if you think it unfair and it amounts to bullying and jackbootery (WOTD) when you are compelled to abide by it, it is kinda fun to watch them squirm and fumble about for an answer when you hit them a slap of SQ in the puss. :P

hit them a slap of SQ in the puss. :P

Obsessed bubba !!!

I, nor close to another million people won't/don't give a shiny shiite about the fine/tax or anything even remotely connected to it.

800,000 people will have a hell of a lot of red tape and paper work attached to them, even if they got through a couple of thousand a year, were still talking 400 years:pac:

Wow so Ghandee now has the ability to talk for close to 1,000,000 people!!

Funny how two people I know havent paid the HHC have told me they will be paying it then since Wednesday and one other paid it on Thursday, so of the 3 people I surveyed 100% will be paying. But clearly you have spoken to them too and they have given you a different answer since you are able to speak for them. :rolleyes:

Your audit threat was soley directed at folk who won't pay a property tax, on a thread related to the hhc.

My audit threat?

Also, the Indo is reporting that, as with Income Tax, failure to pay the new Property Tax could lead to an audit:

Well, you know, seeing as how the vast majority of non payers are paye workers, I can't for the life of me work out why you would mention failing to pay income tax, and the property tax would/could result in an audit.

Let's skip the bull and cut to the chase here so.

Would a PAYE worker generally have anything to fear by an audit?

Yes or no?

No I wouldnt say they worry me.

Yes I forgot, you can always have sky or the broadband cancelled, to pay for them. Or sell the violin.

Would a PAYE worker generally have anything to fear by an audit?

Yes or no?

It depends on whether they're fiddling their taxes or not.

Wow so Ghandee now has the ability to talk for close to 1,000,000 people!!

Funny how two people I know havent paid the HHC have told me they will be paying it then since Wednesday and one other paid it on Thursday, so of the 3 people I surveyed 100% will be paying. But clearly you have spoken to them too and they have given you a different answer since you are able to speak for them. :rolleyes:

799, 997 people now.

Fuçkin cowards :cool:

It depends on whether they're fiddling their taxes or not.

What taxes can a paye worker fiddle though?

I'm not asking for a tip or pointers btw:pac:

• Advertisement

What taxes can a paye worker fiddle though?
    Maybe not on their PAYE income. But they may have other income (a few acres of land, or they might be one of these evil types who have a second house! :pac:)
    I'm not asking for a tip or pointers btw:pac:
    Ha! Says the man who earlier gave a master class on how to evade your fiscal responsibilities to the state. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement