Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is there a point to life?

• 19-10-2012 6:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Seriously?

I'm not particularly depressed at the moment, nor am I religious but I often wonder - beyond reproduction - is there really much of a point to anything?

From dust - to dust.....................

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,300 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

MOD CLOSING COMMENT:
    Please be advised that this OP has not been framed as a philosophical discussion. Please review our guidelines, especially:
    Black Swan wrote: »

Forum Guidelines:

You are encouraged to elaborate upon or challenge a philosophical position, logic, significance, relevance, analytical method, context, interpretation, prediction, historical antecedents, empirical foundation...

Citing philosophers and their works in support of your position taken is greatly encouraged. Links are sometimes helpful too.

Further to what Black Swan has said above, there's a thread titled "What is the reason for life or living?" near the bottom of this page in the forum. If you'd like to discuss this topic, then I invite you to share any thoughts you have in that particular thread. Please bear in mind what Black Swan has said above, though: elaborate on your opinions and beliefs; don't post completely open-ended, one-line remarks. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement