Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to get a razor honed?

• 19-10-2012 7:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

I'm looking to get my straight honed somewhere in Ireland as the edge is starting to catch a bit on shaves aren't as comfortable as they were when I first got it. Is there anywhere I could send it to?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Shaving.ie

uncle-mofo wrote: »
    I'm looking to get my straight honed somewhere in Ireland as the edge is starting to catch a bit on shaves aren't as comfortable as they were when I first got it. Is there anywhere I could send it to?

In Ireland your choices are limited. Liam in Waldorf Barbers will probably do it however I am not sure if it is an official service or if he is just being decent. Someone on boards might do it also...

Otherwise the best bet is posting to the UK. The best value is probably www.strop-shop.co.uk otherwise theinvisibleedge.co.uk also offer a honing service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,918 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

I'd be happy to hone it for you - just post it to me and I should be able to get it back to you in a couple of days.

PM me for my address if you're interested.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭Toft
    TangoTwit

Hi I'm in the same boat. I'm in Galway and I'm hoping to find some one near by to hone my razor (god that sounds like a euphemism)

I've asked my local barbers who sharpens their scissors and blades, no joy they just buy new.

So is there anyone in Galway who does this, or can any one suggest where I might look. I'd prefer not to post off my razor as that costs more than the blade its self.

And what about strops being sold in Ireland?

Advertisement