Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What GPU setup to run three monitors for gaming

Options
  • 19-10-2012 8:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭

I'm half thinking about a winter gaming rig build. I would be playing iRacing and some other decent race sims at high resolutions. But I would also be playing DCS A-10c and other sims from this same company (the most amazing flight sim ever).

I'd like to look into going down the three monitor route and would like to run these at their native resolutions which is gonna be quite high these days. So I need a good GPU setup. I'd invest in a over-clockable Ivy Bridge i7 and motherboard, PCIe 3.0 and so I'd like a GPU that can harness this bus.

Would a new high-spec dual gpu card be better than 2 cards in SLI?

I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭deravarra

dnme wrote: »
    I'm half thinking about a winter gaming rig build. I would be playing iRacing and some other decent race sims at high resolutions. But I would also be playing DCS A-10c and other sims from this same company (the most amazing flight sim ever).

I'd like to look into going down the three monitor route and would like to run these at their native resolutions which is gonna be quite high these days. So I need a good GPU setup. I'd invest in a over-clockable Ivy Bridge i7 and motherboard, PCIe 3.0 and so I'd like a GPU that can harness this bus.

Would a new high-spec dual gpu card be better than 2 cards in SLI?

I'd appreciate any recommendations.

Hi dnme. Do you have a budget for this? Also, do you have a preference as to whether the GPU would be nVidia or AMD based?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭dnme

deravarra wrote: »
    Hi dnme. Do you have a budget for this? Also, do you have a preference as to whether the GPU would be nVidia or AMD based?

Hello deravarra,
    For the sake of research, I'm going to say no budget limitations. I have no preference between the two manufacturers either.

Advertisement