Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Now everyone can accept credit cards

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JaneF

I posted this somewhere else, but this looks like a better place.
    I am self employed in a very small business.

My problem is with Elavon Mobile Merchant app. and Android 4 OS on a new Scroll Excel2 tablet.

Elavon advertised a way to accept credit/debit card payments using a special pinpad and a smartphone or tablet with Android 2 or higher. (Elavon's mobile rates are much cheaper for small volumes of sales than AIBMS).
    So I joined up with Elavon, bought a tablet with Android 4 installed, got the app. and got the pinpad. Then I cancelled my old AIBMS account.

Next I tried numerous times to install the app but each time it is disabled due to "card scheme security" issue.
    Evalon now tell me that I should have made sure the Android software "would not violate the MobileMerchant software". I did ask the retailer for "a tablet with Android 2 or higher", as instructed by Elavon, and that's what I got.

The manufacturers of the tablet, StorageSolutions.com, now tell me that all their products are "rooted". (Why?) They are telling me to ask Evalon for the name of a compatible tablet. Elavon are refusing to name a device, saying they can't tell if any device has been rooted. I don't understand this. I am getting no help from either of them. But I need a workable inexpensive way of accepting credit cards.
    Has anyone out there any experience with Elavon's mobile merchant service?
    Or does anyone know how to fix this tablet?

I looked up SumUp.ie, it's a German bank, you can do it with an iPad or phone, but they only do visa and mastercard, not Laser or Maestro, and as far as I can see, you can't do mail order sales (customer not present). And they hang on to your money for 7 to 10 days, whereas Elavon say you get it within 2 days. PayJack looks very expensive, with a monthly charge of €25 PLUS 3% bank service charge. Elavon is quoting €10+VAT per month to rent pinpad, (which connects to your tablet with bluetooth), and 2.95% for credit card transactions, or 49 cent for laser mastercard & visa debit, with no other charges. For me this would be the cheapest option, IF IT WOULD ONLY WORK!
    Help please someone!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 JaneF

Just to tell anyone interested that we got the Elavon software to work with the Asus Nexus 7" tablet. Insist on talking to Elavon Supervisor while you are in the shop, so they can talk you through the installation, and don't buy any tablet until you have successfully installed the software on it. If the shop won't let you do this, go somewhere else. Got mine in DIDElectrical in Bandon, where they are very helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Son

Any updates on the Elavon mobile terminal,good or bad?

From my understanding its €25 sign up fee and 10 plus vat per month rental and 2.95% transaction fee

Does the customer have to be present always?

Advertisement