Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Small weddings -?ideal venues

Options
  • 19-10-2012 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Getting married in April 2013 dv. Looking for a venue in Dublin for a meal (no afters)for 30 people.Shocked at price restaurants asking for just to host event ( 700euro min) before we even pay for a single dinner!! ....Would love somewhere nice, but budget is an issue...HELP!!!:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Winnie21

Hi Fioc,

Have you looked at The Cliff Town House restaurant? I'm looking into this myself. Also, Fallon & Byrne. Guinness also apparently can accommodate this amount of people. Out of curiosity, what is your budget for this roughly? Are you going to get a photographer etc. for the day / any evening entertainment? I have a small budget but want the day to be really enjoyable for my guests also and don't want the evening to drag (which I'm afraid of if we stay in the same room all day). Trying to plan on a budget is difficult!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We used the restaurant in the Carnegie Court in Swords.
    We had the early bird menu which gave everyone choice.
    They set apart the back of the restaurant which was curtained off for us and set out a top table.
    There was no additional charge.We just paid for what everyone ate and drank. It was €19 head for the meal at the time.
    They even put on Slovak staff as some of the guests were Slovak and didnt speak english.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

http://www.themartello.ie/

Try this place. I had my reception here and would recommend it.

Advertisement