Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD MBA

Options
  • 19-10-2012 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Dear all/UCD concerns,

I am a bit confused at the different versions of reviews I come accross in different link about UCD MBA's pros and cons.

Just to set the perspective, I am a qualified accountant with accounts, law and commerce degree before this qualification, and with 15 years or more corporate experience at middle level managerial positions.

As the job market becomes very tight and competetive, for anyone like me craving for better progress in career, I am thinking of taking a year break and do a value for money course like MBA from a reputed university in Ireland.

As I am not sure, if my present company will take me back after the course, I am more concerned about post qualification placement assistance from the department than anything else.

No matter how big a name of a university is, in the end of the day, if their products are not sold well in the job market, that absolutely make no sense to me.

If someone can enlighten me with the placement opportunties etc if UCD MBA, that will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance to all.

Bisho

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SmurfitMBA

Bisho,

Firstly, apologies for the delayed response, I'm just back from annual leave.

Here in the UCD Smurfit School, we put a lot of emphasis into careers and have had great success because of this.

This is evidenced by being the only MBA programme in Ireland to have a dedicated MBA Careers office and a programme of careers education which has internal and external speakers and coaches on a range of topics, from establishing which is the right career for you, through to developing a plan for approaching the marketplace.

Our last graduating class were 95% employed at graduation, a figure which competes with and beats most of the top business schools in the world. We also showed a substantial increase in salaries which was great in this climate and given that more than 50% of that class successfully changed careers (function, industry or both).

I'd be happy to discuss with you your individual goals and how we might be able to assist with them. Simply drop me a note private note on here with your contact details and we can arrange a call to discuss further.

Regards,

Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SmurfitMBA

Bishwajit,

Thanks for coming back to me.

I've taken note of the information in your post above. I'd recommend you delete it now as it's probably not the best idea to have your personal mobile number on a public forum.

I'll give you a call this afternoon to discuss your particular needs and the scholarships we have available as you mentioned.

Regards,

Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bisho

Hope to hear from you anytime.

Advertisement