Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sheffield Wednesday's Chris Kirkland attacked by fan

• 19-10-2012 9:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭

disgraceful this

Sheffield Wednesday's Chris Kirkland attacked by fan

Sheffield Wednesday keeper Chris Kirkland required treatment after being attacked by a fan during his team's Championship game with Leeds United.

Former Liverpool and England keeper Kirkland, 31, had just conceded a 77th-minute equaliser to Michael Tonge as Leeds fought back from 1-0 down.

Moments later, a fan from the Leeds end ran on to the pitch and struck Kirkland with such force he fell to the ground.

Kirkland was able to continue, but an investigation appears likely

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭mixed up

Has to be a yellow card for going down to easy :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Was he a leeds fan though? He came from the leeds end, but the bbc were very careful not to say if he was leeds or not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 922 ✭✭✭MyBrokenKnees

Looked like 5 or 6 ran on to the pitch you can see them behind the goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Was he a leeds fan though? He came from the leeds end, but the bbc were very careful not to say if he was leeds or not

you think its possible he was a wednesday fan? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

you think its possible he was a wednesday fan? :confused:

he had just let a goal in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,838 ✭✭✭✭3hn2givr7mx1sc

The idiot's already banned from every stadium in the UK after being involved in a "200-strong riot" at Elland Road when he was 16.

EDIT: Article - http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Football-fan-says-m-hooligan-ban-breach/story-13251413-detail/story.html

he had just let a goal in!

i can only assume you are joking here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Dave Jones was very angry in his post match interview, wanted all Leeds fans banned from away grounds prob cos they were chanting at him about the (untrue) allegations against him in the past.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

BBC wont say anything id imagine as the police will be involved.

If i was kirkland id be pressing charges for an assualt case you cant get away with hitting a player no matter how passionate the rivalry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Scumbag pure and simple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

He has already been identified,his facebook page is all over twitter. banned three timesnalready, hope its jail now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

kfallon wrote: »
    Dave Jones was very angry in his post match interview, wanted all Leeds fans banned from away grounds prob cos they were chanting at him about the (untrue) allegations against him in the past.

Wouldn't blame him for being annoyed. Did I hear that "delightful lovely man" Warnock say Kirkland went down like a sack of bricks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭YouTookMyName

Somehow I expect Suarez will get the blame for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I'm no fan of Twitter or Facebook but in this case I will say I'm glad they are around.

What an absolute scumbag!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

kfallon wrote: »
    I'm no fan of Twitter or Facebook but in this case I will say I'm glad they are around.

What an absolute scumbag!

Leeds fans in the UK = pure scum, the chants the throw out at games is nothing short of vile. They have a history of having w@nker fans who have no respect for any club they play. May the rot in the realms of the conference leagues for all eternity, their supporters deserve no place in the higher football leagues

Deank wrote: »
    Leeds fans in the UK = pure scum, the chants the throw out at games is nothing short of vile. They have a history of having w@nker fans who have no respect for any club they play. May the rot in the realms of the conference leagues for all eternity, their supporters deserve no place in the higher football leagues

im about as far from a leeds fan as you can get but there is way too many sweeping generalisations here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭Keith C

Nice generalisation there! So what have leeds fans done personaly to you to form that opinion?
    So when Im over in UK at a Leeds match (or any other leeds posters here on Boards), I fall into your comments yeah?

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

Lets not conveniently forget the chants from Wednesday fans about Leeds fans getting murdered in Turkey no matter how wrong 1 Leeds fan did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,965 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Sounds like yer man is a right creepy cawley.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭rednik

To be fair he is no fan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

rednik wrote: »
    To be fair he is no fan.

I hate this, every time a fan acts like this, no matter what club, this line is trotted out to distance the club from this type of person.

They ARE fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

jimmy savile is from leeds

hmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

It looked like a great hard fought game of the parts I seen. Loads of fights off the ball, was more like a GAA match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

Luap wrote: »
    It looked like a great hard fought game of the parts I seen. Loads of fights off the ball, was more like a GAA match.

it was that violent:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Your man is utter scum, but Kirkland went down like he was shot.

Im not defending the scumbags actions one bit, but really Kirkland made bit of meal of it.

Not making that an excuse. Feel sorry for most Leeds fans now.

Wouldn't blame him for being annoyed. Did I hear that "delightful lovely man" Warnock say Kirkland went down like a sack of bricks?
    You heard it right and Warnock is managing the right club, twats attract twats

Im not defending the scumbags actions one bit, but really Kirkland made bit of meal of it.

Second angle shows it was a decent slap but I'd say he's embarrassed how much the on-field instinct of hitting the deck kicked in.

• Advertisement

Keith C wrote: »
    Nice generalisation there! So what have leeds fans done personaly to you to form that opinion?
    So when Im over in UK at a Leeds match (or any other leeds posters here on Boards), I fall into your comments yeah?
    Think I hit the nail on the head really, UK supporters were my target not the 50 Leeds supporters left in Ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

fryup wrote: »
    jimmy savile is from leeds

hmmmmm

Now then, now then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,592 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Keith C wrote: »
    No you fall into the category of an Irish person at a Leeds game.

Think I hit the nail on the head really, UK supporters were my target not the 50 Leeds supporters left in Ireland

gtfo, what a load of ****e. really stupid post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

Taken from SSN website.

The Leeds fans amongst the crowd of 28,582 also courted controversy by singing songs that referenced criminal charges against Wednesday manager Dave Jones which were eventually dropped, as well as seeming to salute Jimmy Savile, the former broadcaster who is now the subject of a criminal investigation for child abuse.

WTF?

How? The people of Leeds are clearly alot more representative of the Leeds support than some lad from Ireland or Norway who like Leeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Jesus christ, some ridiculous comments in this thread..

oh and I'm a Leeds fan that doesn't chant at games, that doesn't assault opposition players, and with whom you can have a rational conversation about anything you want..

generalisation breeds prejudice breeds racism.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

The charter applies, even to people like this...

CSF wrote: »
    How? The people of Leeds are clearly alot more representative of the Leeds support than some lad from Ireland or Norway who like Leeds.

well firstly i dont think hes from leeds

second you will find any set of away fans chanting stupid ****. my own team united has them as do pretty much every other club.

im from the UK, specifically the city next to Leeds. Many of my mates from both Leeds and Bradford are Leeds fans are top lads. Sweeping generalisations are ****ing stupid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Ah jaysus what do you expect? He wasn't expecting a "fan" to come on and shove him in the face. Shocking post.

Point proved, good night

• Advertisement

Point proved, good night

explain this please...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

He's getting some abuse on his facebook page

well firstly i dont think hes from leeds

second you will find any set of away fans chanting stupid ****. my own team united has them as do pretty much every other club.

im from the UK, specifically the city next to Leeds. Many of my mates from both Leeds and Bradford are Leeds fans are top lads. Sweeping generalisations are ****ing stupid
    So we aren't allowed have a go at clubs for having lots of scumbag fans now? Weird. And I'm not having a go at Leeds specifically here because I don't know much about them.

But you can't use lads from nowhere near Leeds as representative of the Leeds fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭ohyesthefinest

So we aren't allowed have a go at clubs for having lots of scumbag fans now? Weird. And I'm not having a go at Leeds specifically here because I don't know much about them.

But you can't use lads from nowhere near Leeds as representative of the Leeds fans.

What difference does it make whether this lad is from Leeds or not

thats exactly what is happening here though!

you can have a go all you want. however, singling out a single club is just naive. the suggestion that UK fans are for some reason worse than Irish fans is just insulting

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭Luap

fryup wrote: »
    it was that violent:eek:

From what I saw. Diouf and Brown had a few spats off the ball which is great to see, when both party don't act like they've been shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

You are a troll, and should be treated as such.

explain this please...

No need to explain thanks, Leeds fans have history of this sort of abuse, chants about Hillsborough,Munich etc

You are a troll, and should be treated as such.
    Quite the opposite, not my style, I say it as I see it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

hefferboi wrote: »
    Ah jaysus what do you expect? He wasn't expecting a "fan" to come on and shove him in the face. Shocking post.

:confused:

Stop making something out of nothing. Its not as if I defended him or called all Leeds fans scum.

But hey work away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement