Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car pooling – Car sharing : looking for a lift to work – 80€/month

Options
  • 19-10-2012 9:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

<snip>

I work at Ipsen Pharmaceuticals (IDA Business & Technology Park, Snugborough Road, Blanchardstown, Co. Dublin, Ireland, Near Jelly Bean Factory.).

I commute Monday to Friday from Dublin City Center to Blanchardstown Business Park.
    I'm looking for carpooling : I would like to share a car (as a passenger) with someone who works in this area.

Here is the information you need to know:
    • I commute Monday to Friday from city center to Ipsen Blanchardstown
    • I work Flexitime – 39 hrs / week so I can adapt my working time in the following brackets [8 to 10 am] and [4 to 6]
    • My contribution : 80€ (20€ / week)
    • Flexibility of meeting point in Dublin city center.
    • The carsharing can be TO and FROM the office (mornings and evenings) OR only FROM (only evenings => for 10€ per week)
    • And last, I'm French, so if some car owners are interested in improving their language skills it's a win win!
    Contact details: <snip>

Cheers !
    Emilie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,369 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Perhaps best to send a private message.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 EmilieCarpool

Thanks a lot for that Victor.
    I know these buses, I can take the 38 or 38a (which are the closest from my office), but for some reason the timetable on the bus stop is totally inaccurate and I often have to wait a very long time (up to 50 minutes, in cold weather it's veeeeery long)... I hope I'll find some carpooling to avoid having to wait so long outside.
    BR
    Emilie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Thanks a lot for that Victor.
    I know these buses, I can take the 38 or 38a (which are the closest from my office), but for some reason the timetable on the bus stop is totally inaccurate and I often have to wait a very long time (up to 50 minutes, in cold weather it's veeeeery long)... I hope I'll find some carpooling to avoid having to wait so long outside.
    BR
    Emilie

Welcome to Ireland and our wonderful public transport!

Most timetables list departure time from the terminus or some other specific point in the city centre.

To get accurate, up to date times for your stop, use this: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/RTPI/Sources-of-Real-Time-Information/?searchtype=view&searchquery=7334

change the 4-digit number at the end for a different stop. The number is listed on the Dublin Bus sign at the stop (be careful there may be a different 4-digit number for the bus shelter, use the one on the sign).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Most timetables list departure time from the terminus or some other specific point in the city centre.

To get accurate, up to date times for your stop, use this: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/RTPI/Sour...archquery=7334

change the 4-digit number at the end for a different stop. The number is listed on the Dublin Bus sign at the stop (be careful there may be a different 4-digit number for the bus shelter, use the one on the sign).

Is that linked to the real time at the bus stops which say x bus due in 2 mins then changes to 5 mins then back to Due then 3 mins and then if your lucky it might just arrive or when they say the buse is due in 15 mins but comes in 5 mins. The real time system is pointless and needs to be improved otherwise its just a complete was of money installing them when they don't give correct info.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Is that linked to the real time at the bus stops which say x bus due in 2 mins then changes to 5 mins then back to Due then 3 mins and then if your lucky it might just arrive or when they say the buse is due in 15 mins but comes in 5 mins. The real time system is pointless and needs to be improved otherwise its just a complete was of money installing them when they don't give correct info.

It is correct most of the time. The times change because it is a real time system and buses are subject to the vagaries of traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

It is correct most of the time. The times change because it is a real time system and buses are subject to the vagaries of traffic.

True but a you will often see buses due in 25 mins and they pull up minutes lather (common in the evenings) and then some buses don't even appear on it.

IMO in Cork the info is much better.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    True but a you will often see buses due in 25 mins and they pull up minutes lather (common in the evenings) and then some buses don't even appear on it.

IMO in Cork the info is much better.
    My experience has been the opposite, especially during driver changeovers in Cork.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

For your 4,000 euro you can buy a scooter like a Honda Lead 100cc and still have enough to tax, insure, fuel and buy your gear for 12 months.

Forget the rain, you'll have gear for that

Zipping through traffic :cool:

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    For your 4,000 euro ...
    €1,000 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Somehow I read that as 80 per week :o

Advertisement