Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My Upc Box Problem

• 19-10-2012 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

i have noticed every time i turn on my tv and then change the upc box, i dont have a picture and no station

i have to take out the card and put it back in

this is now beginning to happen in the other room too

Any thing i should do ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

From reading your other thread it looks to me as if you are actually looking at analogue even though you have a digital box.

After you turn your tv on, press the UPC button on the UPC remote. Also make sure that you have chosen the correct source on your tv. I may be wrong but it looks to me as if you have chosen TV as your source instead of Cable/HDMI/Ext. If there's a source button on your tv, pressing it should bring up what's connected to it, or if there's an AV button, pressing it should alternate between what's available. Not knowing what your setup is it's hard to say exactly what you'd be looking for but, for example if you've connected your tv to UPC digital box using a HDMI cable you'll be looking to choose HDMI as your source. If you've connected them by SCART lead you'll be looking to choose maybe Ext, or Cable STB - either way if it's just the UPC box that's connected it should be easy enough to figure out. When I say UPC digital box I mean an actual mediabox & not the small white box on the wall.

Just make sure to press the UPC button on the UPC remote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭faolteam

The Remote i have does not have a UPC button ,its a Smaller remote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

Oh ok, is it a remote like THIS ONE ? If so press the power button & then tv & then ch+ or ch- on it.

You will still have to choose the correct source with your tv remote though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Griotar

faolteam wrote: »
    The Remote i have does not have a UPC button ,its a Smaller remote

Try pressing "TV" on the NTL remote.

Advertisement