Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dumpster-diving accountant: I've saved a fortune

• 19-10-2012 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

A frugal woman dumpster-dives for all her food and doesn't use toilet paper in order to save money.

Kay Hashimoto, of New York City, refuses to buy toilet paper because she has to throw it away after using it, so she washes herself off after doing her business by using soap, and she also scrubs her clothes in the shower with free detergent to avoid doing laundry.

The Certified Public Accountant – who is aiming to save up $250,000 (€192,262) by next year – told the New York Post: "If I took a dump then I also grab soap, wipe myself down with the soap, then I take the water and rinse off the soap.

"I don’t believe in spending money on something that you’re just going to throw away such as toilet paper or paper towels.

"Whenever I have dirty clothes I try to wash them while I’m showering. Today I’m using a free sample of detergent I got.

"Once I’m done showering then I lather up the clothes. I think the last time I did laundry was maybe three years ago."

Overall, Hashimoto's monthly spend includes nothing on clothing, 17 cents on toothpaste and $15 (€11.54) on food, while she puts $4,000 (€3,076) into savings an $1,000 (€769) into a financial plan.

De durty bitch.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/bizarre/dumpster-diving-accountant-ive-saved-a-fortune-570867.html

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

Is she by any chance "still single"??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

A frugal woman dumpster-dives for all her food and doesn't use toilet paper in order to save money.

Kay Hashimoto, of New York City, refuses to buy toilet paper because she has to throw it away after using it, so she washes herself off after doing her business by using soap, and she also scrubs her clothes in the shower with free detergent to avoid doing laundry.

The Certified Public Accountant – who is aiming to save up $250,000 (€192,262) by next year – told the New York Post: "If I took a dump then I also grab soap, wipe myself down with the soap, then I take the water and rinse off the soap.

De durty bitch.

http://www.breakingnews.ie/world/bizarre/dumpster-diving-accountant-ive-saved-a-fortune-570867.html

Maybe she wipes a lot more then you..

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

I don't think I've ever heard of someone living such a miserable existence as that by choice.

She may not realise it but I'd hazard a guess there's a mental health issue that isn't being looked after.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Just thinking about it again.. What is she saving for? She obviously doesn't want to spend any money.. :confused: What's the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Would you hire an accountant that eats from bins and doesn't wipe her arse?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

De durty bitch.

So, you wipe (a lot, presumably) and she showers, but she´s the dirty one...?:confused:
    Pottler wrote: »
    Is she by any chance "still single"??

Married to a multi-billionaire is my guess.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Would she not just use a some type of reusable cloth to wipe her hole?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Would she not just use a some type of reusable cloth to wipe her hole?

Q. How do you know a hippie chick is on her period?
    A. She´s only wearing one sock...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Ikky Poo2 confronts Seniorwipesalot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

oh my god, imagine washing your hands with her arse soap

• Advertisement

stoneill wrote: »
    Ikky Poo2 confronts Seniorwipesalot.

Biggest battle since the Enterprise wiped the Klingons off Uranus...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if you eat a healthy diet you dont really need to wipe much anyway so a bit of warm water and soap would probably do the trick just a well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭alphabeat

lol @ 'arse soap'

phasers wrote: »

I was thinking face rather than hands, I'm pretty much ready for bed now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Intensive Care Bear

"wipe myseld down with the soap" so she scrapes her arse clean using a bar of soap and then gives it rinse, dear lord.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,996 ✭✭✭Duck Soup

She was on TLC channel last night on the premiere episode of a new TV show called 'Extreme Cheapskate'.

http://www.inquisitr.com/367926/tlc-debuts-extreme-cheapskate-show/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Is she not wasting electricity and water showering every time she goes for a poo?
    I mean, one 9 pack of loo roll in Aldi is 1.27 and taking a shower every day is considerably more than that. She'd also have to have the shower running even longer to properly rinse her clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,519 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Duck Soup wrote: »
    She was on TLC channel last night on the premiere episode of a new TV show called 'Extreme Cheapskate'.

http://www.inquisitr.com/367926/tlc-debuts-extreme-cheapskate-show/

Reality TV programme pokes fun at mentally ill. That really shouldn't sound so familiar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

In the video the soap looks like Blutac.(1.15)
    WTF?

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭delad

Is she not wasting electricity and water showering every time she goes for a poo?
    I mean, one 9 pack of loo roll in Aldi is 1.27 and taking a shower every day is considerably more than that. She'd also have to have the shower running even longer to properly rinse her clothes.

could she not take a dump at work like everyone else, or poo at Pauls house

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I think it's a common trait among accountants.

The man who used to do my books lived on half a tomato a day, he's dead now, poor bugger. He was useless at figures but wasn't hard to pay.:(

How long does she spend per day rooting through bins for food and how much money would earn if she just worked overtime for that length per day?

If she's an accountant on a good salary I seriously doubt that rooting through bins is more productive than working overtime and using that money to buy food. And that makes her both a bad accountant and a retard.

How long does she spend per day rooting through bins for food and how much money would earn if she just worked overtime for that length per day?

If she's an accountant on a good salary I seriously doubt that rooting through bins is more productive than working overtime and using that money to buy food. And that makes her both a bad accountant and a retard.

most people don't have the option of overtime and have contracts which prevent them from taking up a second job

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭previous user

The sad thing is she's hot as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭Greentopia

She may not realise it but I'd hazard a guess there's a mental health issue that isn't being looked after.

Spot on. From the Daily Mail (sorry!):

Ms Hashimoto told the New York Post: 'I’ve always been frugal, but it was when I was laid off in the dot-com crash that I became extreme.
    'No job is guaranteed, so I live as if I could be fired at any time.'

Therein lies the reason for her extreme behaviour I think. The woman should be pitied and needs psychological help more than being vilified and laughed at.

Not that that'll stop people here though :rolleyes:

The sad thing is she's hot as well.

yeah i got a bonner when it showed her in the shower, i was not expecting that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

She's a funny accent for a Cavan woman.

• Advertisement

delad wrote: »
    most people don't have the option of overtime and have contracts which prevent them from taking up a second job
    Come off it.

The point is that she's taking home more than $60k per year, and she's a small single person. Her monthly food bill would be covered by what she earns in literally a few minutes work per day. But instead she's going out and spending probably half an hour to an hour rooting through bins, wasting energy, getting dirty and degrading herself. It doesnt add up by any rational logic.

phasers wrote: »

You do realise soap is sterile, right?

Greentopia wrote: »

who cares there would still be a smell of sh1te of it, and maybe some small bits of poo would also be stuck to the soap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

the clinkers embedded in it aren't :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

:eek:

How do you explain baby soap then?

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Bet the cost of lady gardening is too much for her as well.
    Thats why the cost of clothing is zero....shes got herself some hair trousers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

You go right ahead and wash your face with her arse soap then. We won't stop you.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

To be fair there are alternatives to wiping, like the Japanese way. Soap just doesn't add up though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Definitely, if she has a nice ring to her name.

El Weirdo wrote: »
    You go right ahead and wash your face with her arse soap then. We won't stop you.

No thank's :D I'm ass-uming :pac: she would keep that bar only for that purpose and wouldn't leave anyone else use it to wash with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Arnold Layne

Where To wrote: »

I always thought soap made from babies was the most sterile you could get. Must research more into the Eva Braun brand I import from Argentina

• Advertisement

Where To wrote: »

:confused: what do you mean?

:confused: what do you mean?
    Well how can soap have babies if it's sterile?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

What's the Japanese way?

What's the Japanese way?
    A Level 42 b-side.

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Q. How do you know a hippie chick is on her period?
    A. She´s only wearing one sock...

Nah, we use these: menstrual cups

Not that you have to be a hippy to use one...

El Weirdo wrote: »
    Well how can soap have babies if it's sterile?

Ah, I see...good point! because it would be an immaculate conception?

sorry...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Rigol

Nah, we use these: menstrual cups

Not that you have to be a hippy to use one...

Im not opening that link :)

Menstrual.
    Cup.

That combination cant end well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,125 ✭✭✭westendgirlie

I got that. Feck, I'm getting old! Cheers El A

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Do you all wipe standing up or sitting down?

Rigol wrote: »
    Im not opening that link :)

Menstrual.
    Cup.

That combination cant end well.

Nothing to fear in the link, promise. ;)

They're actually brilliant. Much better health wise and environmentally than pads or tampons and they work out much much cheaper. €25 for one that lasts 10 years versus €3/4 a month for tampons/pads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement