Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can somebody tell me

Options
  • 19-10-2012 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

When i get an Alarm fitted, how often do i need to get it checked ie Batterys etc??

and is it up to the installer to remind when its due etc ?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Its down to what standard you wish the alarm to conform to.
    Other than that most systems will pretty much tell you when battery's etc are faulty.
    Newer systems can be set up with service reminders.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭torrevieja

KoolKid wrote: »
    Its down to what standard you wish the alarm to conform to.
    Other than that most systems will pretty much tell you when battery's etc are faulty.
    Newer systems can be set up with service reminders.

I was just under the impression that when an Alarm is installed that the Installer would check the syatem every 6 months ie batteries etc,??

So when then should these be changed , once a year ???

also seen this site semms cheap enough , wondering if there any good :

http://www.securigard.ie/notwired.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Just check to see what your getting first .
    There's usually a hidden cost somewhere
    Eircoms €699 deal seems great but that's not including the monitoring fee or a live external bell
    It's about €260 for the external and about€250 for monitoring so over €1000 for
    1xDummy bell
    1xSimon xt panel
    Mix of 7 RF sensors
    1 yr monitoring

If I can't mention prices please delete/edit post

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

A lot of companys will offer a package which can be built on. €500 would be a contact and two pirs, then extras will be added on. Always look what your getting and compare like with like.

Advertisement