Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build bundle for under €400??

Options
  • 19-10-2012 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hiya, I originally posted in a pre-built thread but after a few suggestions decided I might get a little better deal with a self build. I have no idea about building my own but could probably find someone to do it for me.
    1. What is your budget?
    [€450]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? for my 14 & 10 yr olds - surfing web/watching movies/ basic games/ school projects etc

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes, maybe a TV?]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [20-22?]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader (what's a card reader?)/]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Don't know what this is!]

8. How can you pay? [Credit card, paypal, laser, cash]

9. When are you purchasing? [It's a Christmas present, so next month?]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Blessington]

This is one suggested, am I better going for that or would a custom build be better?? http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ShowSystem.asp?SystemID=1414

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

tivvo wrote: »
    Hiya, I originally posted in a pre-built thread but after a few suggestions decided I might get a little better deal with a self build. I have no idea about building my own but could probably find someone to do it for me.
    1. What is your budget?
    [€450]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? for my 14 & 10 yr olds - surfing web/watching movies/ basic games/ school projects etc

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes, maybe a TV?]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [20-22?]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future?

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader (what's a card reader?)/]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Don't know what this is!]

8. How can you pay? [Credit card, paypal, laser, cash]

9. When are you purchasing? [It's a Christmas present, so next month?]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Blessington]

This is one suggested, am I better going for that or would a custom build be better?? http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ShowSystem.asp?SystemID=1414

Thanks

Nobody's replied to this yet? Oh well...

Item|Price
    8GB G.Skill PC3-10667U CL9|€28.08
    AMD A4-5300 mit AMD Radeon HD 7480D Grafikeinheit, Box, FM2|€51.00
    ASRock FM2A75M-DGS, FM2, mATX|€55.73
    Samsung SSD 830 128GB SATA 6GB's Paper Box|€86.58
    Antec BasiQ VP350|€34.55
    FRACTAL DESIGN Gehäuse Core 1000 black|€34.31
    BenQ G2255|€99.00
    LiteOn iHAS124-19 schwarz SATA|€19.90
    MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit SB-Version Englisch|€85.04
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€513.18

That's what I'd go for. Great little box for web browsing, projects etcetera. I know it's a bit above budget but trust me, it's worth it. It's pretty upgradeable, so if it wasn't doing too well a few years from now you could just bump it back up again with minimal cost. Anyway, a breakdown of the specs:
    • AMD APU, designed for multimedia
    • 8GB of RAM, a bit overkill but should last you a while
    • 128GB SSD; it's like a really really really fast hard drive. Windows should load in seconds, your web browsers will open immediately etc.
    • Small case, pretty silent (I have it myself)
    • Standard PSU, Antec are a reputable brand
    • 22" 1080p Monitor

There are no peripherals included (Keyboard, mouse etc.) so you might need to source them yourself.

Also, the website is called Hardwareversand.de. They're a German company who we rate very highly here on the forum, as their prices are great. They normally only use bank transfer though, is that ok? Shipping is normally 3-5 days.

Forgot to mention, we'd happily build it for you for free if you wanted. It's our idea of fun :D. Otherwise, they'll build it for you. They charge €20 for the service but don't install Windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Thats a good build but, with kids downloading lots of crap I'd go for this HDD stead of an SSD. http://www1.hardwareversand.de/7200+RPM/39670/WD+Caviar+Blue+500GB+SATA+3+6Gb+s.article

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tivvo

Thank you guys, I'm going to ask my friend to have a look at these specs and see if he can build it for me, otherwise I might have to beg someone from this forum or maybe go through that website Hardwareversand. Cheers

I am trying to order this pc on the hardwareversand site but it won't give me the option to include the ENGLISH version of windows 7 during the pre-install option?!! How do I add this particular version to my pc configurator?? Also does this build include HDMI port?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

I am trying to order this pc on the hardwareversand site but it won't give me the option to include the ENGLISH version of windows 7 during the pre-install option?!! How do I add this particular version to my pc configurator?? Also does this build include HDMI port?

Don't use the PC Configurator; just put the individual items in your basket.

• Advertisement

Will I then have the option to have them assemble the pc for me?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Will I then have the option to have them assemble the pc for me?

just pop this into the basket too

http://www2.hardwareversand.de/articledetail.jsp?aid=746&agid=829

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Hardwareversand only sell the German version of windows 7 but, you can use the key and just download the English version. Make sure it's the OEM 64bit you're downloading. I don't know where you download it from though maybe someone else here can give you the link.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

On a phone so can't find link but I think it can be downloaded legitimately from digital river.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭freestyla

marco_polo wrote: »
    On a phone so can't find link but I think it can be downloaded legitimately from digital river.

There official ISO images with SP1 upgrade included:

http://www.mydigitallife.info/official-windows-7-sp1-iso-from-digital-river/

• Advertisement
Advertisement