Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accomodation costs

Options
  • 20-10-2012 12:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29

Just some questions for any students who have there own accommodation. How do you afford it?

Iv'e been living at home far too long and am trying to understand how other students seem to be so easily able to afford to move out.

I work part time in the evenings (take as many hours as they offer) and make about 120 a week 80-100 of this goes on my college fees (full fees) and the rest goes on food (minus dinner). Unfortunately there are periods where there is no work available.

I have found places where rent is less than 400 but this does not include utilities. Any information would be appreciated so I can start to see if it would ever be possible to move out.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

A lot of students (like myself) seek the help of Bank of Mom and Dad :/
    Fair played to you for making it on your own- it must be really difficult juggling college and work...
    If it's an option for you, sharing a room can dramatically reduce accommodation costs- not everyone's cup of tea at all, though.
    Best of luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Az0th

Siuin wrote: »
    A lot of students (like myself) seek the help of Bank of Mom and Dad :/
    Fair played to you for making it on your own- it must be really difficult juggling college and work...
    If it's an option for you, sharing a room can dramatically reduce accommodation costs- not everyone's cup of tea at all, though.
    Best of luck!

Thanks for your advice.

If I was ever able to afford to move out it would be looking for shared accommodation as it's a lot cheaper.

Juggling work and college isn't too bad. A lot students I know are doing the same, it has taught me a lot about the importance of time management :)

Advertisement