Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

teething

Options
  • 20-10-2012 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Please tell me in gets easier.

Our little one is driven demented. She comatose drinking her bottle. Then put her in the cot and ten or fifteen mins later she's awake roaring. Teetha bonjella neurofen we've tried it all. The last two nights its taken two hours to get her to sleep. It's like she falls asleep then jerks awake and chews whatever is closest. It's heart breaking.
    What more can we do :(

Exhausted.com

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭coupland

Teething different with every kid.... We found a cold yoghurt gave great comfort just before bedtime... Nurofen for kids and Calpol always used around bedtime rather than any other time...

It gets better....teething comes in spurts.....rosy cheeks is always the tell tale sign....

Good luck. ..

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

We have the amber necklace (around his ankle under a sock) and so far his first two teeth have came up with him being just slightly cranky /clingy and a bit restless nap-wise.

I do think that its taking the edge off his pain from what I've seen before I got it. He was getting calpol daily plus teetha gel and granules, now he has only got the calpol when the tooth is actually cutting through, all other times he may have a teetha sachet once in the day and he is grand after that.

I got mine on teethingsos.com.

Having said that, every child is different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I agree with previous posts and like neyite find amber bracelet good. A wasnt too bad with first tooth but was pretty bad with second. Went off bottle and food and we were giving her teetha calpol and nurophen for about 3 days when it was cutting. she was waking up at night roaring also and did end up spending some time in our bed. There isnt much more you can do for her. You could try some camomile syrup. We used to put it on her soother and it helped calm and settle her. She doesnt suck soother anymore but the odd time when shes not settling i just dip a clean finger into it and let her suck it off (sometimes get bitten) and she's out like a light. Maybe give it a go but be warned its very sticky. OH has actually nicknamed it magic syrup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭Hobbitfeet

I find the necklace and anklets great too. I take the necklace off at night time and leave the anklet on. I have only given calpol once to my now 9 month old. I remember reading that bongela was not suitable for children or babies??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

I love the amber necklace too! It seemed to make a huge difference within a couple of days of putting it on.
    We call Teetha granules "baby crack" here. He goes mad for them, and the definitely help.
    Bonjella I don't find great- I think you need to be able to get at their gums for long enough to really massage it in and my little fella bites my fingers if I leave them in his mouth for more than a second or two!
    How old is your baby? Is she on solids/ finger food? I find that things like toast seem to give bit of relief, often rather than cold foods.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Baby crack. Lol. I'm stealing that phrase!

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭dollybird2

Bonjella is fine for babies, there is a child version and an adult version for ulcers.

Have to agree with the amber bracelets, I have one around my baby's ankle and it has minimised the discomfort of teething. Also the cold yoghurt is good advice, a petit filous at bedtime has helped my LO.

One other thing that eased the pain is bonjela on the soother. I put a good film of bonjela around the teat of the soother and she guzzles away at this. The teetha granules are supposed to be good, didn't find them great personally but know many mothers that swear by them.

I know it's hard, but keep telling yourself it's a phase with an expiry date as when the teeth come it'll end. Hugs x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭skeptik

+1 on the baby crack! lol we find the Teetha granules brilliant. They work for our little one nearly instantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Neyite wrote: »
    Baby crack. Lol. I'm stealing that phrase!

It's all well and good until you've a visitor you don't know too well in the house, and a little one teething, so you talk to the little one, not really thinking what you're saying, telling them it's ok, we'll go get some baby crack... then proceed to pour white powder into the babys mouth... :eek::rolleyes:

I do swear by it though!

Never thought of the bonjella on the soothers, must give that a try as I'd given up on it as he was just eating it really!

Advertisement