Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simple Wedding Dress

Options
  • 20-10-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Can anybody give me any ideas when I can get a simple wedding dress? I am getting married in a few months and don't want a full length dress or 1 with lots of sparkles! I have looked at some vintage dresses but need some more options. I did check in one bridal shop and mentioned lace sleeves but was informed that one generally doesn't find sleeves on brides dresses!!!! Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

Annalou wrote: »
    Can anybody give me any ideas when I can get a simple wedding dress? I am getting married in a few months and don't want a full length dress or 1 with lots of sparkles! I have looked at some vintage dresses but need some more options. I did check in one bridal shop and mentioned lace sleeves but was informed that one generally doesn't find sleeves on brides dresses!!!! Thanks

Debenhams have a nice simple dress with lace sleeves! It's full length though.
    Monsoon have some dresses too, the ones I looked at were full length and sleeveless but I think there were one or two shorter ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭xxXCuteypieXxx

Whoever told you lace sleeves are hard to find on bridal dresses needs to look around. True, strapless is the most common style but since kate middleton wore her lace sleeved gown to her wedding they have become extremely popular! try www.davidsbridal.com they a huge collection of different style wedding gowns. Hope you find what your looking for!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 14 macbookair

You should attend some of the wedding fairs coming up, you can then browse many different styles and suppliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Dolly Couture perhaps?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Why don't you just get one made? It would be much easier to tell a dress makers what you do or don't want and get that than traipsing around lots of shops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,242 ✭✭✭liliq

If you're in Dublin, check out Dirty Fabulous!
    I found a dress before I got there, but they look like they have AMAZING vintage dresses... long, short, sleeves, no sleeves, colours...

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Annalou

Thanks for suggestions, in the meantime found Cuttingedgebrides in UK which have the exact dress I am looking for so it's either a trip to UK or get it made and think it's going to be a trip to the dressmaker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

Annalou wrote: »
    Thanks for suggestions, in the meantime found Cuttingedgebrides in UK which have the exact dress I am looking for so it's either a trip to UK or get it made and think it's going to be a trip to the dressmaker!!

I got married in June of this year and had my dress made. I went to one single bridal shop and didn't like anything they had and got quite annoyed at the fact that a) all the styles were pretty similar and b) the sales assistants kept trying to put me into the very style of dress I said that I didn't want.
    Had big rant to my big sister and she suggested dressmaker X. Went to visit dressmaker X and knew very quickly that she was the one for me.
    Brilliant experience working with her and loved loved loved my dress. .......only bad thing about it is that I can't exactly wear it again and I adore it.
    PM me if you'd like her name and number.

Advertisement